Chalerm threatens to crack down on protesters

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chalerm would be wise to do nothing for now as he knows the army hates him and the rubbish he speaks in front of the media & government officials.

The minute the police start to cause problems within the protest ranks the army will surely step in.

Suthep is sitting in a pretty good position at present although he needs more support from the government office workers who of course want to support Suthep as the want Yingluck out , however they are frightened as there may be recoarse for there actions. If he can manage to stop the office workers going to work then that would be a huge push toward the Yingluck government failure and it would have to surrender.

Chalerm says he's upset because Suthep didn't keep his promise ... well what about the promises the Yingluck government made to the people and never kept any of them .. the rice payment for one.

All Yingluck tried to do is get her criminal brother to be allowed back in thailand.

A criminal as convicted and hasn't served a day in jail for his actions.

I think the people have a right to be angry. IMHO.

wai2.gif

Yawn . . . sorry to pick on you, it could have been on any of the many posts on this and similar stories, but this is now becoming too boring for words. Whatever the eventual outcome of this farce, it is unlikely that it will have any impact on any of our lives in the land of smiles.

It seems like a “farce” because some of the posts here interpret it that way, as a never-ending battle of personalities between the Shins and Suthep. And some ThaiVisa posters seem to think that a finish will come when either the Shins or Suthep wins.
Unfortunately I don't think that would be the finish. Indeed it might be just the beginning of something much worse. e.g. if Suthep wins and the Yingluck government gets dismissed, I hate to think what some of the wilder reds might do. Then there would be retaliation, counter-retaliation. Etc etc. By that time this wouldn’t be the ‘land of smiles’ you mention, for Thais or farangs.
I hope I’m wrong.

But he said he found it unacceptable that Suthep had broken his promise by holding a rally at the Government House

and Suthep said he found it unacceptable that Chalerm had broken his promise to have his own head cut off

Now that is funny. Unfortunately for Thailand he didn't do it.

On the other hand the free entertainment is worth a little bit.

Happened before.

Police - Army

The people stood aside and applauded.......the army

few soft in the head bkk people applauded. the north rose up and eventually got back into power... as they would again.

BKK is not Thailand.

and look at the wonderful job they are doing. A group of them have been trying to break in to see the Prime Minister and Secretary of Defense and explain to her that when she buys some thing she is supposed to pay for it. Maybe they should have taken a pad from the school in so they could show her how commerce works at the very elementary basis. Not sure if the pads could do such a complicated thing. Or for that matter if she could under stand it.

H C Fields said

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Charlerm said

I've had a frontal lobotomy with a bottle in front of me

actually it was Dorothy Parker who said that, not WCFields, In the original quote.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

who really cares lol

Chalerm cannot do anything against the protesters as a few tanks move from Chiang Wattana to government house. The army will protect the protesters if police attack them. Yet another blooper by the guy. He's an embarrassement.

"The army will protect the protesters if police attack them"

Hey Mr. EricBerg, where's the Cavalry?

The man is ranting, totally lost it.

"I'll pounce on any rally site when there is small number of protesters"

That's exactly their plan - classic Guerrilla tactics, draw in the "enemy" with their superior force to "oppose" you then simply fade away and disappear into the local environment.

Where this will end - with that Buffoon in charge - is anyones' guess.

Patrick

I think that is a tactic he picked up when he was solving the problem in the south.

BANGKOK: -- Chalerm Yoobamrung, the director of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order, Monday threatened to crack down on rally sites where there are only a few protesters.

Can't put my finger on it but some thing sounds contradictory in that statement. Sounds more like a bullying statement. When you get small enough I will crack down on you. Right now I am just the representative for the whole government of Thailand.clap2.gif

Long overdue, the time is at hand to enforce the rule of Law!

Cheers

Now there is a bit of comedy by one of the red gang who call any enforcement of the law by the courts against Yingluck, CMPO, PT or any of their other red friends a judicial coup.

Chalerm would be wise to do nothing for now as he knows the army hates him and the rubbish he speaks in front of the media & government officials.

The minute the police start to cause problems within the protest ranks the army will surely step in.

Suthep is sitting in a pretty good position at present although he needs more support from the government office workers who of course want to support Suthep as the want Yingluck out , however they are frightened as there may be recoarse for there actions. If he can manage to stop the office workers going to work then that would be a huge push toward the Yingluck government failure and it would have to surrender.

Chalerm says he's upset because Suthep didn't keep his promise ... well what about the promises the Yingluck government made to the people and never kept any of them .. the rice payment for one.

All Yingluck tried to do is get her criminal brother to be allowed back in thailand.

A criminal as convicted and hasn't served a day in jail for his actions.

I think the people have a right to be angry. IMHO.

wai2.gif

A lot of people are disappointed chalerm did not keep his promise, or may be Thaksin did sneak home in disguise at the end of last year?