Shop that sells French press (coffee plungers)?

telstrareg

Hillkoff, then you can buy the replacement bits from there and they'll fit. Surprising how often the glass breaks out here, never had the problem back in the UK, but here the glass would crack once every couple of months.

I was in the big coffee supply place a bit North of Chang Puak Gate (North Gate) about 3 months ago. I think that IS Hillkoff, or one of them, but I don't know for sure.

Anyway they sell all steel french presses (steel jug, no glass) for 600-900 baht depending on size. Central sells a similar steel F.P. for way way more money. The glass ones are prettier but the steel lasts a lot longer . . . . .

Yes to all of the above. I have bought 3 such units here and they all broke. Plunger is very weak and they are pricey. I bought one from ikea usa last year. Works great and 1/2 the price. Maybe bkk ikea will carry a quality unit. No better way to drink coffe imo.

• 5 months later...

Hillkoff off of Chang Puak Road (google map) has everything you ever desired about coffee with the best prices overall...worth your investment of time to check them out cause they have 5 times more of the supply of anything related to coffee than anyone else...so thank you whoever posted this great store first!

• 1 year later...

Makro, Rimping, Central, etc etc

A few months ago Central kitchen and home department at Kud Suan Gao had quite a selection of brands, quality, size and price. On special small size for just 1 mug of coffee, nicely made, just 199Baht.

For the one-cup guy or the starbux barista, Hillkopf has everything. Best hardware, best beans, best spoons, etc, and all at good, good prices. Grind on the spot, small and large bags of Thai grown Arabica beans. No import tax.

Many posts above refer to Hillkoff's original location off Chotanna Road, but if you want the full experience their main branch is on my map

Here's what I wrote about a year ago and it keeps getting better:
The only serious coffee supplier in town just got a lot bigger. Their new location has way better access if you are in a car and they've traded the excitement of rooting through stock piled high for more of a Dean & DeLuca experience. They keep everything from giant espresso machines to a bag of paper filters. You can buy beans or ground. Their marketing has taken a giant leap forward and now they are into tea and some other specialties in a big way. Excellent packaging and presentation although they look in danger of making the coffee offering too complicated for their own good. If you're stuck for a good gift for a coffee or tea friend there is plenty of inspiration here. Don't miss it!
Update: Hillkoff is halfway through building what looks like a new showroom, offices and roasting facility out on Mahidol Road next to the Amway HQ. It's seriously big and looks like it is going to be an interesting building in line with the high standards of presentation Hillkoff has set with its products.