No Shinawatra involvement in InTouch group, executives insist

webfact

No Shinawatra involvement in InTouch group, executives insist
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- InTouch group has insisted that it is not involved in politics and that its founders divested themselves of their combined shares in the group several years ago and have nothing to do with the business anymore.

InTouch made the statement on Thursday in response to a threat by Suthep Thaugsuban, head of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee, to launch a campaign boycotting all goods and products offered by the businesses of the Shinawatra clan as well as the families of government figures, as part of its efforts to pressure caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to step down.

According to statement, InTouch, Advanced Info Service and Thaicom, which are all listed companies, operate in a transparent matter and this ensures investor confidence in the group.

InTouch, formerly known as Shin Corp, was founded by family members of Thaksin Shinawatra, former premier and Yingluck’s elder brother. The family members sold their combined 49.6 per cent shares on January 23, 2006 to the group led by Singapore state investment arm Temasek Holdings.

Currently Temasek-controlled Aspen Holdings owns the majority shares of around 41.62 per cent in InTouch. InTouch controls around 40.45 per cent shares of AIS and 41.14 per cent shares of Thaicom.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-20

Reuters reporting today that singtel to take over shares, interesting timing, was on nations twitter feed earlier.

best service provider? I have 3G package with them, always on H, rarely if ever do i see 3g. Always cuts out near siam to silom when streaming anything...

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Reuters reporting today that singtel to take over shares, interesting timing, was on nations twitter feed earlier.

best service provider? I have 3G package with them, always on H, rarely if ever do i see 3g. Always cuts out near siam to silom when streaming anything...

I have H exactly now!

I see 3g about twice a week........if lucky, for an hour.

Sent from my Samsung S4 IG-19500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A bit ot but...
H is faster than 3G
G - gprs up to 56kpbs
E - edge up to 128kbps
3G - umts up 384 kbps
H - HSPA up to 14 mbps
H+ - extended HSPA up to 42mbps
  • Like 1

H is faster than 3G.

It goes in this order, from slowest to fastest.... G, E, E+, 3G, H, H+, and finally LTE/4G

"Stocks of Shinawatra family businesses listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand plummeted during the morning trade with SC Asset leading the plunge to fall 4.94% from yesterday’s close."

The free market economy at work. If a political group doesn't have enough votes or political clout, they can try to wield their economic power. This has been done time and time again. In the US, this has worked for the gays and for the Hispanics.

InTouch can try to convince its customers and shareholders that it has clean hands in its prior dealings with Thaksin. Good luck.

"Stocks of Shinawatra family businesses listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand plummeted during the morning trade with SC Asset leading the plunge to fall 4.94% from yesterday’s close."

The free market economy at work. If a political group doesn't have enough votes or political clout, they can try to wield their economic power. This has been done time and time again. In the US, this has worked for the gays and for the Hispanics.

InTouch can try to convince its customers and shareholders that it has clean hands in its prior dealings with Thaksin. Good luck.

no doubt the SET will be having a very close look to determine just how"free market" these events are...and the winners...and what and when they knew. Smells bad...

• Like 1

I have H exactly now!

I feel better now - thought it was just me. No wonder they keep sms'ing me to try their wifi service...

I have H exactly now!

I feel better now - thought it was just me. No wonder they keep sms'ing me to try their wifi service...

Guys... H on your mobile means a faster data rate than 3G... smile.png

A bit ot but...
H is faster than 3G
G - gprs up to 56kpbs
E - edge up to 128kbps
3G - umts up 384 kbps
H - HSPA up to 14 mbps
H+ - extended HSPA up to 42mbps

wow thanks. I would hate to see what 3g is like then.

I take it all back - best in the country for sure - even if it's always cutting out between siam and silom.

The scandal involved in the sale of Shin corp. in 2006, where stock was bought at next to nothing and immediately sold at a vastly inflated price, and distributed to - among others - members of his family - all just a few days before an election, ultimately ended up at the Constitutional Court, for a ruling Thaksin hates to this day. If the amnesty bill went through, he'd get his money back. Today, Thaksin closed his hotel doors to farmers - who had been booked into his hotel with the help of the PDRC. So perhaps it is particularly ill-timed for executives to distance themselves from his influence. There is no doubt, however, that Thaksin feels loss most acutely whenever it has to do with his money, so this new-found focus on his many companies is a timely one, as it gives the public at large a choice as to whether they wish to patronize these establishments or not.

• Like 2

The scandal involved in the sale of Shin corp. in 2006, where stock was bought at next to nothing and immediately sold at a vastly inflated price, and distributed to - among others - members of his family - all just a few days before an election, ultimately ended up at the Constitutional Court, for a ruling Thaksin hates to this day. If the amnesty bill went through, he'd get his money back. Today, Thaksin closed his hotel doors to farmers - who had been booked into his hotel with the help of the PDRC. So perhaps it is particularly ill-timed for executives to distance themselves from his influence. There is no doubt, however, that Thaksin feels loss most acutely whenever it has to do with his money, so this new-found focus on his many companies is a timely one, as it gives the public at large a choice as to whether they wish to patronize these establishments or not.

So under your regime, for people who invested in this company, post-shin, in good faith, deserve to lose money and be attacked financially. I'm glad you will never be involved in something to do with other people's money. Disgraceful attitude.

• Like 1

no doubt the SET will be having a very close look to determine just how"free market" these events are...and the winners...and what and when they knew. Smells bad...

That SET must investigate this thoroughly and quickly. All wrongdoers must face the full sanctions under the law. The SET cannot afford to be seen to have failed to discharged its duty to protect shareholders. International investors will have picked up on these unusual stock movement and will be watching closely.

A note for those cheerleaders egging Suthep on. Your pension fund more than likely invests in SET listed companies, so you might suffer as well.

Seeing all the back and forth respites between the Shinawatra's and the Tgaugsubans reminds me of the real life feud between the Hatfiled and McCoy families in America. It involved an election day, gun play, stabbings, and kidnapping. Fortunately the families were poor and lived in the back country where no one else was affected by their turf wars. Unfortunately, 11 million people in Bangkok are right in the middle of a Thai family feud. It wouldn't be so bad if both were banned from holding public office.

Aren't you confusing the assets concealment with the sale? And what specific court decision are you referring to? The confiscation of his money? Anyway, I don't see why executives who have nothing to do with Thaksin or his "influence" shouldn't distance themselves from him. Surely they stand to lose when falsely associated with him, so are they supposed to just accept that and not say anything? Why? What do you mean? Could you clarify? Thanks.

So under your regime, for people who invested in this company, post-shin, in good faith, deserve to lose money and be attacked financially. I'm glad you will never be involved in something to do with other people's money. Disgraceful attitude.

its a free market and one should practice due diligence.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 1

TMB, AirAsia, MLINK, ITV, Voice TV, SATTEL, Shin Satellite, ADVANC, SC, INTUCH, etc also belong to Thaksin.

Edited by Suriya4

Here's the major shareholder lists for 2013 for InTouch/Shin Corp and AIS.

Clearly Aspen Holdings (Singtel) is the largest shareholder of InTouch/Shin Corp., which is the largest shareholder of AIS.

But I have no idea who's part of the second largest ownership entity in InTouch/Shin Corp. -- Thai NDVR Co. Ltd.

InTouch/Shin Corp.

post-58284-0-26277800-1392909212_thumb.j

AIS

post-58284-0-31232100-1392909214_thumb.j

http://www.intouchcompany.com/ir_shareholderstructure_en.asp

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Clearly Aspen Holdings (Singtel) is the largest shareholder of InTouch/Shin Corp., which is the largest shareholder of AIS.

But I have no idea who's part of the second largest ownership entity in InTouch/Shin Corp. -- Thai NDVR Co. Ltd.

InTouch/Shin Corp.

attachicon.gifPS0212.jpg

AIS

attachicon.gifPS0213.jpg

NDVR are the Farangs in Thailand.

Surely not Thaksin, because NDVR has no voting rights.

InTouch/Shin Corp.

attachicon.gifPS0212.jpg

AIS

attachicon.gifPS0213.jpg

NDVR are the Farangs in Thailand.

Surely not Thaksin, because NDVR has no voting rights.

NDVR is a holding instrument that is wholly owned by the SET. Many small shareholders who do not have voting rights and shares that are in escro.

• Like 1

Dear Mr Suthep,

I am making a preemptive move by hereby declaring that I have NO involvement with any of your enemies, whether past, present or future.

I will endeavour not to use telephones, electricity, water, banks, airlines, hotels, and whatever else you may target in future.

And of course I will cancel my membership of TVForum forthwith and will not associate with "Farangs".

In return, please do not tarry outside my place of business nor my domicile when your procession passes by next week.

Long Live the Cause! Peep! Peep!

Yours etc, <<parody>>

InTouch/Shin Corp.

attachicon.gifPS0212.jpg

AIS

attachicon.gifPS0213.jpg

Aspen Holdings is Temasek. They're actually trying to sell their AIS stake to Singtel.

As for Thai NVDR:

"Thai NVDR was established by the Stock Exchange of Thailand in 2000 to boost investment in Thai stocks, according to the bourse’s website. Investors in NVDRs don’t have voting rights, though receive the same financial benefits as holders of a company’s ordinary shares. The use of NVDRs allows Thai companies and overseas investors to circumvent Thailand’s foreign ownership restrictions."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-10/temasek-group-pares-shin-stake-with-20-9-billion-baht-stock-sale.html

TMB, AirAsia, MLINK, ITV, Voice TV, SATTEL, Shin Satellite, ADVANC, SC, INTUCH, etc also belong to Thaksin.

TMB, Air Asia, ITV, Intouch do not belong to Thaksin.

TMB, Air Asia, ITV, Intouch do not belong to Thaksin.

Suthep has said that he knows that Intouch is no longer owned by Taksin, he has decided to punish them because they bought the shares from Taksin and he did not pay the tax.