Rent motorbike Koh Chang / scooter hire Koh Chang

rolandmueller

I just came back from the very beautiful island Koh Chang and moved to Chian Mai right now.

As I hired already many bikes here in Thailand, but I was surprised by the quality and serviceI I got from a Shop on the V J Plaza on Koh Chang. The bikes there are just in exellent condition. I rented a scooter there for 12 day's and just can recommend this shop.

Just go to the village chai chet and go into the Plaza between thew V market and the siam commercial bank. The shop is on the right hand side (can't miss the yellow big sign) There also I rentent a bike just with the copy of my passport.

roland

Hi Roland

Thank you for this shared idea, I am considering to go there next week, and my first time too,

any recommondation for a nice quiet hotel? also I heard about a fishing village where the trourists can do the fishing, but I dont know any details about this,

But to rent a bike or car is certain,

how the island is big over there? is it enought to do the touring by just a motorbike? or a car is better?

any additional advises will be appreciated,

Regards

Hi Roland

Thank you for this shared idea, I am considering to go there next week, and my first time too,

any recommondation for a nice quiet hotel? also I heard about a fishing village where the trourists can do the fishing, but I dont know any details about this,

how the island is big over there? is it enought to do the touring by just a motorbike? or a car is better?

Regards

It's been about 4 years since I visited KC, but I stayed at a quite nice hotel at white sand beach, name of Plaloma lodge. It was reasonable cost, very clean, and close to the beach and to the shops, etc. One thing you should really do is the half day snorkeling trip, to see some pristine waters, lots of coral and fish.

Hi Roland

Regards

Hi all....just read the post this morning and was in the VJ Plaza...I leased a scooter there...top....can just confirm. The guy also offers some boat trip with the "kontiki" that is maybe what you are looking for?

regards

Laslo

Hi Roland

Regards

Hi momtaz,

It is just a good idea to visit Koh Chang as it's a real beautiful spot. I would advise advice you to go to Georg (I guess he's from Switzerland)...that is the guy I rented the bike on the island and he is really very helpful. He also managed me a affordable Guesthouse there. I am sure he can help you out. Please send my regards to Georg when you are going there....smile.png He's phone is: 088 862 84 60 just in case you like to call him..........

The island is quite large about 30km and 15km wide. Everybody on Koh Chang just lease scooters as it's very convenient to travel around there. Cars are quite expensive there and not easy to find.

I wish you a great time on the island...smile.png you will love it....

Best regards

Roland

Edited by Rimmer
Please DO NOT post in non standard fonts thank you

Motorbikes on Koh Chang for anyone who is not an experienced rider are a potential death trap. The roads are quite challenging. If you've never ridden before don't

Countless accidents, and numerous deaths. Not trying to scaremonger, I live here so be careful. Between Whitesands and Kae Bae the road is ok, as it is generally flat either side of those places, it becomes hilly and very windy.

Hmmmm ... two new members posting recommending a place ... feels a little like an advert ....

It does have that sort of feeling. Not sure what the place is like for bike hire, will check it out. There are literally hundreds of places renting bikes on the island, some good and some awful.

I'm not a bike rider myself, but certainly know plenty of people in that area.

Motorbikes on Koh Chang for anyone who is not an experienced rider are a potential death trap. The roads are quite challenging. If you've never ridden before don't

Countless accidents, and numerous deaths. Not trying to scaremonger, I live here so be careful. Between Whitesands and Kae Bae the road is ok, as it is generally flat either side of those places, it becomes hilly and very windy.

Absolutely right mrtoad it's really not for unexperienced drivers.... so to all .....be careful