Music you hate to hear in regular bars - kiss of death

WitawatWatawit

What defines a regular bar is pretty subjective, of course, so I'd like to preclude the "exception bars" - go-gos, in particular, where the last thing on your mind is music, only the volume - and think about your local (even if "local" is in a girly bar area). It's where you go frequently to meet up with friends, chew the fat, discuss your pathetic golf round (or discuss how pathetic golf is), play pool, whatever.

So, the only bar I frequent - once or twice a week - because I like the laid back and hassle-free atmosphere - recently changed managers. He doesn't understand compilation tapes. Instead, 10 songs of Rod Stewart, 10 the Eagles, 10 of Elton, -- in a row. Then the Animals - ok, he does get some things right. LOL. But Eagles, Stewart? Ten in a row? Each?

Get yer yayas out. Bitch slap bar managers with poor taste in music.

PS: I respect Henley's musicianship, BTW.

• Like 1

anything played at qbar.

since the new ownership the music has become decidedly lowest common denominator crap, the djs little more than flesh covered ipods and the volume outdoors begs for a large fire to be set by any of the neighbors.

@Witawat

Try making a couple of compilations of cd's of the music you like and take them with you next time and ask for them to be played, lots of places I've been allow this, and maybe you may get the meaning of a compilation across....wink.png

That f****n 'what the fox say' song, as soon as I hear it start I check-bin and I'm gone. That's the only song that'll make me do that.

Haven't heard that one before, so I got it on Youtube (almost 376 million hits - bloody hell). I should be recovered in time to go for a drink tomorrow night.