Expiration date matters! retirement extension.

Im pretty sure I did everything correctly. All paperwork in working order.

The one thing that's not emphasized is you need 15 days remaining on your current visa. My tourist visa with extension added on expires March 1. One minute into the process the lady say Ohh Ohh- cannot. She said I go visa run.

Heres where I didn't understand what she was saying. She say cannot turn visa on arrival( the 30 day no visa entry thing) into retirement extension. One must first get a 90 extension on the 30 day voa and then she will give extension based on that. Havent got a clue to what she was saying as it made no sense.

Any idea of what she was getting at?

You are talking about a conversion. Indeed you need to have at least 15 days on your permisison to stay left. (You have a visa exempt entry, not a visa on arrival. That is something else).

Not all immigration offices provide the conversion, most will send yu to Bkk to do that. Others that are known to do the conversion are Pattaya and Chiang Mai and a few other offices.

What she probably meant is that she can only give a conversion to a non-immigrant visa, which gives you a stay of 90 days. After 60 days or so you come back with the right paperwork again and get a 1 year extension of stay.

Sometimes the conversion and extension are done in one time and sometimes not.

It has mentioned many times to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry you must have 15 days remaining on your entry.

What she was saying you need to make a border run and get a 30 visa exempt entry (not a VOA) and then go back within 15 days of entry to apply for the non immigrant visa which will give you a new 90 day entry (not an extension) that can be extended.

• Like 1

You are talking about a conversion. Indeed you need to have at least 15 days on your permisison to stay left. (You have a visa exempt entry, not a visa on arrival. That is something else).

Not all immigration offices provide the conversion, most will send yu to Bkk to do that. Others that are known to do the conversion are Pattaya and Chiang Mai and a few other offices.

What she probably meant is that she can only give a conversion to a non-immigrant visa, which gives you a stay of 90 days. After 60 days or so you come back with the right paperwork again and get a 1 year extension of stay.

Sometimes the conversion and extension are done in one time and sometimes not.

I think you got what the lady was referring to. So a conversion and extension are 2 entirely different things?

This is want I want to do. The end game is I want retirement extension.

Arrive bkk March 5. I get 30 day visa exempt entry. I want to get one year retirement extension. I go back major Hollywood next open working day.

Any holes in this plan.................lol.?

- You get a visa exmept entry at the border

- you apply for a conversion to a non-immigrant visa (proof of income or proof of money in the bank or proof of combination)

- you apply for a 1 year extension of stay. (proof of income or proof of money in the bank or proof of combination)

Proof of adress miht also be required, especially when you go for the extension of stay.

I think I got it.

!. arrive bkk get 30 day visa exempt entry.

2. convert to 90 day non-imm visa

3.with more than 15 days remaining left on non-imm visa go apply for retirement extension.

So with steps 1 and 2 I would get 120 days before retirement ext. kicks in.???????????????

Can I buy a re-entry permit for the non-imm visa. Got things to do in usa.......................lol!!!!!!!!!!

The 90 days start from the date you get the visa because the will cancel the 30 day entry and give you a new one.

You can apply for your extension up to 45 days early or when your money is in the bank for 60 days if using that method.

You can get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry.

No,

- arrive and get 30 days.

- go as soon aspossible to immirgation to convert (for the conversion you must have at least 15 days left)

- after 60 days on the conversion apply for the 1 year extension of stay.

ok .This pretty much matches what the imm. lady told me to do.

The 90 days start from the date you get the visa because the will cancel the 30 day entry and give you a new one.

You can apply for your extension up to 45 days early or when your money is in the bank for 60 days if using that method.

You can get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry.

Non-imm visa cancels 30 day visa exempt entry. That's what I was puzzled about.

Now I may not need the re-entry permit.

You 2 guys are great resources!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!