'PM-kidnapping team' not active personnel: Thai Navy

webfact

You think it's only Thai Spec Ops than can get detained and their" cover" blown?

2 SAS guys captured and detained in Basra begs to differ and several US SF guys detained in Libya not too long ago either.

The RTN didn't confirm these guys were former SEAL's, but IF they were, then I'd give this story a little bit of credibility, only due to the fact that part of the their training for snatch and grabs would be a walk in the park for these guys, however with that being said, they'd have to be above average to get through her PSD guys to be able to grab her.

However kidnapping her doesn't change a thing, if anything, it would only compound matters and as sure as there's shyt in a dog, Thaksin would turn his mad dogs loose, even more than the current situation.

Hmmm... Thaksin has mad dogs. But Suthep is talking about kidnapping the Prime Minister, and you are speculating that the elite military forces of the country are in on the plot, and the only thing you find wrong with that is that Thaksin will release his mad dogs?

No not speculating, just stating that Snatch and Grabs are part of Elite Spec Ops units training, and who better to recruit for such a mission ?

Do I find it wrong that SERVING members of such Elite Spec Ops unit would participate in such an Op, too right I do, their oath of allegiance for starters SHOULD prevent that from ever happening.

Do I find it wrong that FORMER members of such Elite units would participate in such a mission, again, yes I do, however they have no allegience to anyone other than whoever is footing the Bill for them to conduct the Operation.

IF I was going to organise such an Operation, I would use FORMER types, it's called plausable deniability, no paper trails and no money trails.

Do I think that IF the PM was kidnapped by ANYONE, serving or former, that Thaksin would stop at nothing to rescue her, then yes I do, and do I think he cares not a jot at the amount of bloodshed that would inevitably happen if that ever happened, then no I don't think he cares.

I think you missinterpreted my post, by making an assumtion that all I thought was wrong in this scenario was that Thaksin would release his mad dogs, and seek retribution. On the contrary, these are the types of operators I'd use. I also pointed out that getting captured doesn't only just happen to Thai SF, but to some of the worlds best SF personel ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You think it's only Thai Spec Ops than can get detained and their" cover" blown?

2 SAS guys captured and detained in Basra begs to differ and several US SF guys detained in Libya not too long ago either.

The RTN didn't confirm these guys were former SEAL's, but IF they were, then I'd give this story a little bit of credibility, only due to the fact that part of the their training for snatch and grabs would be a walk in the park for these guys, however with that being said, they'd have to be above average to get through her PSD guys to be able to grab her.

However kidnapping her doesn't change a thing, if anything, it would only compound matters and as sure as there's shyt in a dog, Thaksin would turn his mad dogs loose, even more than the current situation.

Hmmm... Thaksin has mad dogs. But Suthep is talking about kidnapping the Prime Minister, and you are speculating that the elite military forces of the country are in on the plot, and the only thing you find wrong with that is that Thaksin will release his mad dogs?

No not speculating, just stating that Snatch and Grabs are part of Elite Spec Ops units training, and who better to recruit for such a mission ?

Do I find it wrong that SERVING members of such Elite Spec Ops unit would participate in such an Op, too right I do, their oath of allegiance for starters SHOULD prevent that from ever happening.

Do I find it wrong that FORMER members of such Elite units would participate in such a mission, again, yes I do, however they have no allegience to anyone other than whoever is footing the Bill for them to conduct the Operation.

IF I was going to organise such an Operation, I would use FORMER types, it's called plausable deniability, no paper trails and no money trails.

Do I think that IF the PM was kidnapped by ANYONE, serving or former, that Thaksin would stop at nothing to rescue her, then yes I do, and do I think he cares not a jot at the amount of bloodshed that would inevitably happen if that ever happened, then no I don't think he cares.

I think you missinterpreted my post, by making an assumtion that all I thought was wrong in this scenario was that Thaksin would release his mad dogs, and seek retribution. On the contrary, these are the types of operators I'd use. I also pointed out that getting captured doesn't only just happen to Thai SF, but to some of the worlds best SF personel wink.png

Okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Like 1

Before believing the story, just look at who created the rumours. The same people who are so biased in favour of Thaksin that 20 people have been killed and 720 have been injured and not a single suspect has been arrested. But when Kwanchai was hurt, they found the people very quickly.

Yes, and we do not have a police force in Thailand. The so-called 'police' are little more than Thaksin's militia. They were established as mercenaries and have simply become institutionalized. The chiefs work for the highest bidder. The ranks do as they are told. Those among the ranks who were coming out in favour of the protestors, have removed from the front line and silenced. It's a pity the foreign media can not digest the facts, if indeed they are even aware of them

guys, try to recognize a joke when you see one. If you don't think its funny, move on. If you think its funny, chuckle and move on.

"Guys" ... I do not see any of this as a joke. If you see the actions, including rumors and their consequences, so tragic as it has become, as some sort of entertainment, you have become part of the problem.

The wonderful, wonderful, dizzying world of Khaosod.

" ... allegedly ... "

" ... reportedly ... "

" ... rumours soon surfaced ... "

" ... allegation ... "

" ... suspects ... "

" ... allegation ... " ( now two times )

" ... previously accused ... "

" ... allegation ... " ( now three times )

" ... claimed ... "

Khaosod, let's the put the record straight once and for all, shall we ? Suthep pointedly said as recently as two days ago that there was no campaign to " kidnap " Yingluck. Do yourselves a favour. Quote people directly.

Foreign special forces allegedly threw bags of buffalo dung at government supporters today who reportedly were minding their own business. Rumors then surfaced that the dung bags were also filled with M-80 firecrackers, and the allegations began of terrorist activity. The suspects, who were once previously accused of putting a curse on the Kingdom, claimed their innocence and fled.

Wow! You people put the "Amazing" in Thailand. The Navy comes out and admits three of the suspects are former Navy men, but you think any linkage with the Navy ludicrous. And all the armed men are from Cambodia? And all the war weapons come from Central Department Store, or what?

I would imagine there are a lot of former Navy men living and working on the eastern seaboard. Proves nothing .. read the Bkk post for a the truth of the situation.

A lot of weapons DO come via Cambodia. It is fairly easy to buy M16's, Ak47's and grenades. I'm pretty sure Central only sell guns at Songkran.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-195835-13933461622585_thumb.jpg

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The wonderful, wonderful, dizzying world of Khaosod.

" ... allegedly ... "

" ... reportedly ... "

" ... rumours soon surfaced ... "

" ... allegation ... "

" ... suspects ... "

" ... allegation ... " ( now two times )

" ... previously accused ... "

" ... allegation ... " ( now three times )

" ... claimed ... "

Khaosod, let's the put the record straight once and for all, shall we ? Suthep pointedly said as recently as two days ago that there was no campaign to " kidnap " Yingluck. Do yourselves a favour. Quote people directly.

Okay so which newspapers are putting 'facts' out there that we can read up on?

Somalian Daily

Wow! You people put the "Amazing" in Thailand. The Navy comes out and admits three of the suspects are former Navy men, but you think any linkage with the Navy ludicrous. And all the armed men are from Cambodia? And all the war weapons come from Central Department Store, or what?

The fact that the navy are investigating lends credence to some connection to the RTN. If nothing else, this incident forces the military to be more discreet.

The arrest of the member of the RTN acting as an armed guard at PRDC rally site adds further credence to the story.

The fact that the navy are investigating lends credence to some connection to the RTN. If nothing else, this incident forces the military to be more discreet.

The arrest of the member of the RTN acting as an armed guard at PRDC rally site adds further credence to the story.

Strange that you reddies all seem to overlook the report earlier today

Former Navy Seals 'not plot to snatch PM', freed by police

The Nation

RAYONG: -- Rayong police arrested and briefly detained five men they said were Navy special operations personnel, who had stayed at a local hotel for suspicious reasons.

• Like 1