Time for my First Visa run.......... information please

Hi Guys, I know this topic has been done a million times. I have searched through different threads and I have got a lot of bits and pieces but nothing that gives me another alternative to Udon Thani or Ranong.

I live in BKK and want to drive to Myanmar as it is closer than the Laos border and complete my first visa extension there for my next 90 days. I really don't want to spend the money to get a plane to Udon Thani get a Mini Van then cross at the bridge into Laos. I have all the info for this, nor do I want to drive down to Ranong and cross into Myanmar there.

Is there an alternative border crossing that people from BKK use, or do I have to go up North?

Thanks in advance.

You get a new 90 day entry not an extension when you do a border crossing.

There are 3 border crossing to Cambodia close to Bangkok. Poi Pet is the one most people use. Also Ban Laem and Palin.

There is this crossing to Myanmar close to Bangkok. Phu Nam Ron trip report, closest border to Bangkok for Visa extensions

I used www.thaivisarun.com two months ago and I can thoroughly recommend their service.

For a cost of 2,000 baht, they complete all the necessary paperwork before departure on the day. All you have to provide is your passport and one 6 x 4cm passport photo. The 2,000 baht includes the cost of the visa and also a meal on the coach to the border. You can even choose which meal you'd prefer from a menu.

Their coaches are comfortable and air-conditioned and leave at 9:30am from Bangkok. At the Cambodian border, it takes about 40 minutes to complete the necessary checks to get your new 90 day stamp, before leaving to return to Bangkok. You can also take advantage of some duty frees to make even more savings on Thai prices.

I have to do the visa run again next month and I wouldn't use any other company for the trip. And no, I'm not on their payroll or do I get any commission for giving them the thumbs up. thumbsup.gif:)

I used www.thaivisarun.com two months ago and I can thoroughly recommend their service.

For a cost of 2,000 baht, they complete all the necessary paperwork before departure on the day. All you have to provide is your passport and one 6 x 4cm passport photo. The 2,000 baht includes the cost of the visa and also a meal on the coach to the border. You can even choose which meal you'd prefer from a menu.

Their coaches are comfortable and air-conditioned and leave at 9:30am from Bangkok. At the Cambodian border, it takes about 40 minutes to complete the necessary checks to get your new 90 day stamp, before leaving to return to Bangkok. You can also take advantage of some duty frees to make even more savings on Thai prices.

I have to do the visa run again next month and I wouldn't use any other company for the trip. And no, I'm not on their payroll or do I get any commission for giving them the thumbs up. thumbsup.gifsmile.png

I did the same 100%

I am going to have to do a 30 day tourist visa run in early April. While airports (Bkk & Don Muaeng) give 30 day tourist visas, the land crossing give either 30 or 15 days. What is it currently? Is it likely to be the same in April? Where can I check the official answer?

Question 2. I arrived at BKK this morning, and got to the immigration station about 12:25 am. When I looked at my passport, I see they dated my arrivial to be Wednesday the 26th and not Thursday the 27th. Is there an official time of day that they change the stamps, maybe 4 or 5 am rather than midnight?

I have to do the visa run again next month and I wouldn't use any other company for the trip. And no, I'm not on their payroll or do I get any commission for giving them the thumbs up. thumbsup.gif:)

Used them last month to Laos. They took care of everything -absolutely everything, just had to endure the 8 hour minivan ride, the 3 hours waiting at the border (we got there at 2:30 in the morning but 1st first place for the 5:30am opening) , the 1-1/2 hours at the embassy (just sitting & awaiting your name to be called).

Find this now that I'm past the worst to be one of the best Visa companies in Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I am going to have to do a 30 day tourist visa run in early April. While airports (Bkk & Don Muaeng) give 30 day tourist visas, the land crossing give either 30 or 15 days. What is it currently? Is it likely to be the same in April? Where can I check the official answer?

Question 2. I arrived at BKK this morning, and got to the immigration station about 12:25 am. When I looked at my passport, I see they dated my arrivial to be Wednesday the 26th and not Thursday the 27th. Is there an official time of day that they change the stamps, maybe 4 or 5 am rather than midnight?

There is no 30 day tourist visa. You get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

It is 15 days at a border crossing unless you are from a G7 country or your country has a bilateral agreement with Thailand for visa exempt entries.

They normally change the date on stamps at midnight. It seems you were unlucky and got one that had not been changed.

Ok, went on the run, we left at 0930 but didn't get back until 2100.

A good trip watched a couple of movies had some lunch on the bus. We made one stop after two hours for a toilet break and another stop on the way back.

Only had a short wait at the border, very few people there.

All in all a good although a long trip.

• 3 weeks later...