Thai Passport Options and Information

My Thai wife's Thai passport has expired, and we went to get a new one at Central Bangna, and the lines are almost totally unmanageable. Anybody have any tips on how to get a new passport without spending an entire day in that overcrowded office?

Thanks.

Edited by isawasnake

Thanks guys. Yes I misread the MOL passport page in my haste mistaking e-passport for online application. I changed my OP.

I will look into that link, thanks again!!

Any other info appreciated smile.png

Edited by isawasnake

There is no online application. There is however a way to get a number in advance on the website so their is not such along wait See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/home

Bangna is not the only location. The office in Pinklao is open.

If anybody sees this and could report on the current number of people and waiting times at Pinklao, that would be great.

Right now at Bangna it is totally ridiculous in my estimation. I could not even find the end of the line at 8am. Seriously, I could not even find it, and there was no air conditioning in a hall filled with what seemed like one thousand people.

Edited by isawasnake

Have your wife look at the website I posted the link to. Somewhere on it is an online system to get a number in advance so you do not have to stand in line.

A member reported his wife used it and was able to get one for an earlier day at Pinklao than Bangna.

• Like 1

Have your wife look at the website I posted the link to. Somewhere on it is an online system to get a number in advance so you do not have to stand in line.

A member reported his wife used it and was able to get one for an earlier day at Pinklao than Bangna.

Currently trying to figure this out. Would happily go to Pinklao if we can execute this option. I'll post back if it works.

Incidentally, we are planning on going to Phuket in about a week. Is there an office(s) down south that would could easily head into to do all this?

Forget that last question :)

Edited by isawasnake

The passport office in Pattaya (Avenue mall) did not look too bad last week (Friday 28).

Was there looking around at about 10 AM.

(click to enlarge)

post-99794-0-02003000-1394165592_thumb.j

post-99794-0-76578200-1394165609_thumb.j

post-99794-0-59899700-1394165639_thumb.j

post-99794-0-43402100-1394165705_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

"The passport office in Pattaya (Avenue mall) did not look too bad last week (Friday 28). Was there looking around at about 10 AM."

It didn't look bad at 10am because all the people who had waited overnight had gotten their appointments for late March and gone home. What you see the rest of the day is just the folks with appointments, so not much of a crowd.

There is, unfortunately, a group of motorbike taxi drivers who go down there late at night and take turns standing in line. They get the first queue numbers, then walk around selling them in the early dawn.

Edited by mahjongguy

Here is the link on where you go to get a queue ticket

http://www.ufida.co.th/startpage.htm

General facebook Q&A site set up by the ministry

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thai-Consular-QA/154354274701729?ref=br_tf

Those are all booked though, at least at the Bangna and Pinklao locations. But that is a good tip though, thanks.

I have been trying to think of a way out of waiting in those unbearable lines, but I may not be able to.

Wish someone could check Khon Kaen. Will not be there before two weeks.

If I recall correctly that is one of the passport offices that you can get queue numbers for online. Check the website that a link to was posted earlier.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have a link in English for making an appointment at any of the Bangkok passport offices, preferably Chaeng Wattana? Samran posted one a couple of months ago but that link is in Thai.

There's nothing that I can see about this on the Thai Consular Affairs website. The website I looked at made no mention of booking a place in the queue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Mario. Think I'll tootle off down to Chaeng Wattana then, probably aim to get there at 8.30 am, take a number and wait my turn. Hopefully the wait will not be too long and hopefully I will not be met by a barrage of mekhong monkey motorcycle messengers selling queue numbers!!

Waiting has never been long. Normally people do not spend more than 30 minutes, including the waiting time, at the passport office. But currently they might have a back log due to the long closure.

It is one of the most efficient government services I have seen, in any country.