New Bottled water delivery thread....

Thighlander

Yes Glacier is very reliable,have been with them since they started,I prefer the glass bottles

24x500ml 56 Bht, ,and in all this time never had a bad bottle,delivery twice a week,Sat and

Wed to me.

Recommend them and really the water is very good, don't know how they can deliver for

56 bht, theres a lot of work involved, cleaning bottles, filtering , ozonating the water, filling them,

loading on to trucks,then delivery to your home.

regards worgeordie

about 8 months ago we received a letter in the post from the Glacier company saying that the 24 X glass bottles price had increased to 60 Bath and the 19 liter plastic bottle increased to 23 Baht. we have been invoiced that amount ever since. don't know how you are still on the old price. our guy comes only once a week so we stock up with 48 glass bottles and 57 liters (3 X 19 liter bottles). great service.

you drink 107 liters a week? maybe i got this wrong 48 one liter bottles + 57 liters? that's 15 liters a day? that's a phenomenal amount

your math is wrong

and

48 are 500 ml bottles as stated

and

it is difficult to state whether the amount is large or small without knowing how many mouths are consuming isn't it?

They might have 15 people, extended family, living together and all of them very thirsty with just 81 liters per week.

My two dogs go thru about 25 liters a week plus 15-25 for cooking.

Yes Glacier is very reliable,have been with them since they started,I prefer the glass bottles

24x500ml 56 Bht, ,and in all this time never had a bad bottle,delivery twice a week,Sat and

Wed to me.

Recommend them and really the water is very good, don't know how they can deliver for

56 bht, theres a lot of work involved, cleaning bottles, filtering , ozonating the water, filling them,

loading on to trucks,then delivery to your home.

regards worgeordie

about 8 months ago we received a letter in the post from the Glacier company saying that the 24 X glass bottles price had increased to 60 Bath and the 19 liter plastic bottle increased to 23 Baht. we have been invoiced that amount ever since. don't know how you are still on the old price. our guy comes only once a week so we stock up with 48 glass bottles and 57 liters (3 X 19 liter bottles). great service.

you drink 107 liters a week? maybe i got this wrong 48 one liter bottles + 57 liters? that's 15 liters a day? that's a phenomenal amount

your math is wrong

and

48 are 500 ml bottles as stated

and

it is difficult to state whether the amount is large or small without knowing how many mouths are consuming isn't it?

They might have 15 people, extended family, living together and all of them very thirsty with just 81 liters per week.

My two dogs go thru about 25 liters a week plus 15-25 for cooking.

you give your dogs bottled water??? that's the funniest thing I have heard in ages and why use for cooking when boiling water would kill most pathogens? anyway he did not state 500ml bottles but ok he has 81 liters but thanks for answer for him

• Like 1

Read the quoted boxes again about the 500 ml, you just might get it with a little effort.

Not all cooking water is boiled. Boiling does not take out that nasty manganese and other yukky stuff.

Who said I gave my dogs bottled water? Your imagination, that's who.

Read the quoted boxes again about the 500 ml, you just might get it with a little effort.

Not all cooking water is boiled. Boiling does not take out that nasty manganese and other yukky stuff.

what's the matter with you??? you are replying for another poster and in HIS POST there is no mention of 500ml

this thread is about BOTTLED WATER and you said your doggies go through 25 liters a week so WHY mention it if your doggy woggies are not drinking BOTTLED??? go figure

"My two dogs go thru about 25 liters a week"

what's the matter with you??? you are replying for another poster and in HIS POST there is no mention of 500ml

this thread is about BOTTLED WATER and you said your doggies go through 25 liters a week so WHY mention it if your doggy woggies are not drinking BOTTLED??? go figure

I am not replying for anyone else, nor have I been doing so. This forum has never been limited to two way conversations. How about a 3 or 4 way dialog?

The post mentioned the 24x case which clearly referred to the 24x500ml case described in the previous post which was being replied to and quoted in that reply.

Who said my dogs were not drinking 25 liters of bottled water a week?

I am not replying for anyone else, nor have I been doing so. This forum has never been limited to two way conversations. How about a 3 or 4 way dialog?

The post mentioned the 24x case which clearly referred to the 24x500ml case described in the previous post which was being replied to and quoted in that reply.

Who said my dogs were not drinking 25 liters of bottled water a week?

okok good morning so your dogs ARE drinking 25 liters of BOTTLED water a week! nothing wrong with that if that's what you want to do - let's move on

The water in the taps at my condo is murky at best! Not fit for much really.

I pay 2 baht for approximately 6 litres of water (RO/UV treated) from the dispenser in the lobby of my condo. Watched the tech change the 4 filters a month ago and he told me that he changes them every 5-6 months.

My question is where does this water originally come from? Where does any of this bottled/treated water in Thailand come from? The Mae Ping? Must be one helluva sludge pile outside the treatment plant.

I pay 2 baht for approximately 6 litres of water (RO/UV treated) from the dispenser in the lobby of my condo. Watched the tech change the 4 filters a month ago and he told me that he changes them every 5-6 months.

My question is where does this water originally come from? Where does any of this bottled/treated water in Thailand come from? The Mae Ping? Must be one helluva sludge pile outside the treatment plant.

almost certainly well water from taps not city water if it is murky (manganese)

• Like 1

It is city mains water retreated, it would be very costly to treat well water to a high standard especially with manganese and iron in it. Why try to invent the wheel when the Pwa have done half the job for you already.

• Like 2

It is city mains water retreated, it would be very costly to treat well water to a high standard especially with manganese and iron in it. Why try to invent the wheel when the Pwa have done half the job for you already.

don't disagree.

We are having a hell of a time trying to get our deposit back from 3 cases of 0.5L x 24 bottles. We actually moved at one point and now Glacier is saying we need to find the original driver at the old location to get our money back? Ridiculous! And possibly the old guy no longer even works for Glacier, we've been told!

Whatever anyone does, and whichever water company one uses, when you pay a deposit on bottles, get a receipt and never lose it. Also, if you move, get your deposit money back, and then set up from the start at the new place. The refusal to take responsibility for glass bottles we have been using for three years as verified, ongoing customers is bewildering. Not sure if this is just Glacier, BTW, but they are not to be trusted.

Edited by khunyod
  • Like 1

We get our water from Gluay Mai in Nong Khwai/Hang Dong, 053 431305. The 20l box for 35B, one big bottle 25B. Coming every Friday That is for normal consumption, cooking and the dogs. I also buy for a while the Markro Mineral Water, the pack of 6x1.5l for 49B or 55B, changes sometimes. That comes from Mae Rim and may be from the same factory as Aura. Of course they wont promote it as such. Helped me with occasional cramps in the leg, if you drink only distilled water.

Edited by MadMac
  • Like 1

Turns out Glacier will be discontinuing the use of glass bottles in the near future []

BTW, prices had increased to 24 x 500ml = 60 THB plus a deposit on the bottles that was really expensive (something like 500 THB most recently?).

Just signed up with Glacier in a new building, got the 24 × 500ml glass bottle cases for 70 baht each and a 300 baht deposit.

Turns out Glacier will be discontinuing the use of glass bottles in the near future []

BTW, prices had increased to 24 x 500ml = 60 THB plus a deposit on the bottles that was really expensive (something like 500 THB most recently?).

Just signed up with Glacier in a new building, got the 24 × 500ml glass bottle cases for 70 baht each and a 300 baht deposit.

Enjoy while it lasts, as they are discontinuing the glass bottles in the future. Don't believe me? Call the office yourself. Better keep your receipt for the deposit, and hope the driver doesn't quit, move, or otherwise become incommunicado, or you will never get your money back (we are sitting on three cases of 24x500ml bottles which Glacier refuses to buy back from us, even at a discount! Also, you are paying 10 THB/case more than the current going price, so not sure why that is.

I wouldn't trust Glacier, as we are very soured on the "no deposit back" even after years as a customer. Dew Drop is 45 THB for 12x750ml (same price per liter at 5 THB, as the old Glacier price (60 THB for 24 x 500ml).

The previous place I stayed, everything was handled through the lobby.

When I ordered two cases, the lobby gave me the receipt from Glacier and explicitly told me to hold on to it, as it was required to get my deposit back (which I didn’t experience the previous time I stayed there).

When I checked out, they took my receipt (gave me a photo copy) and said they’d give me the money, once they had gotten them back from Glacier, even though I was leaving Chiang Mai (though they may have been aware that I would return a few months later, but still a bit of a hassle).

They did try to explain why they had this policy in place, but everything in Thai, so I just understood that I would get my money later, but it could sound like you’re not alone in having difficulties with Glacier.

As for my current price (70 baht/case of glass bottles), I had read this thread prior to ordering, so I’m also puzzled about this, either the driver is netting the difference or Glacier (again) increased the price, I was thinking it might be related to the discontinuation plan, i.e. increase price now that the glass bottles are in short(er) supply?!?

Using Dew Drop now. Most impressed with their service at the moment. Price good too. 40 baht for 12 1.3 L bottles with 176 baht deposit on the crate.

Their website could do with some work though. They have a QR code so you can add them to the LINE messaging app, which being both free and quick, can sometimes be a bonus. Messaging them on that gets no response though and you can see the LINE message has not been read. They have a link to a Facebook page too, also can be useful for messaging. Not updated since 2014 though. At least the prices and descriptions on the website seem current though and the phone number (053-351-331).

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1

Got Dew Drop delivering now (we live inside the moat near Chiang Mai Gate). Called them and they arranged the first delivery the same day. As reported above: 45 THB for 12 x 750ml + 200 THB deposit for glass. Same price on a per liter basis as Glacier, but we have not choice now that Glacier will be discontinuing glass. Good first impression of Dew Drop. They seem to be more organized than Glacier, and have actual drivers rather than the way Glacier uses third party independent drivers. In any case, I can't tell the difference in a blind taste test. Of course no one really knows what is actually in the water, but glass provides better peace of mind, and is more ecologically sane.

I think Glacier's service quality all depends on the driver. It was fine for a while but I am about to dump them because the new team just delivers whenever they feel like it.

Update. Glacier now sending a new driver. Completely reliable. Back to glass bottles though I kinda liked the new "plastic" ones.

Happy again.

Got Dew Drop delivering now (we live inside the moat near Chiang Mai Gate). Called them and they arranged the first delivery the same day. As reported above: 45 THB for 12 x 750ml + 200 THB deposit for glass. Same price on a per liter basis as Glacier, but we have not choice now that Glacier will be discontinuing glass. Good first impression of Dew Drop. They seem to be more organized than Glacier, and have actual drivers rather than the way Glacier uses third party independent drivers. In any case, I can't tell the difference in a blind taste test. Of course no one really knows what is actually in the water, but glass provides better peace of mind, and is more ecologically sane.

I think Glacier's service quality all depends on the driver. It was fine for a while but I am about to dump them because the new team just delivers whenever they feel like it.

Update. Glacier now sending a new driver. Completely reliable. Back to glass bottles though I kinda liked the new "plastic" ones.

Happy again.

If you don't get your deposit back from the old driver you will never see it again. Deposits are driver-specific. Flabbergastingly true.

Glacier truck comes around our moo baan in Suthep every Friday, delivers 19 litre bottles and also glass bottles.

I want to get a cradle for decanting water from the bigger bottles; anyone know where I might find one?

I was keeping an eye out for one for quite a while before finally coming across a (not very clever) stand/tipper at Macro.

they are pretty much all made locally in the same factory. they last for a couple of years before becoming completely rusted. same ones sold at Makro as the plastic shops... Chiang Mai plastics........

To keep your cradles from rusting, or at least delay it a bit longer, when you first buy it you might wanna try painting it with a clear plastic resin, the wife's nail polish, super glue or some water proofing spray. keep in mind that some of them water proofing sprays have been declared carcinogenic. You can also water proof a watch this way....might have a bit of trouble when it's time to change the battery though. OR...you could wrap a fancy braid around the cradle and then paint it with polish or whatever....or not. Oooooh my! Seems I'm a bit late with my reply, but I just got back from our weekly meeting down at the Procrastinators club, takes place about every month...or so. Actually, I'm just skimming the threads here trying to find some info, on water delivery. Just received two bad bottles. Wanna change companies.

post-216250-0-32880800-1454237653_thumb.

As for my current price (70 baht/case of glass bottles), I had read this thread prior to ordering, so Im also puzzled about this, either the driver is netting the difference or Glacier (again) increased the price, I was thinking it might be related to the discontinuation plan, i.e. increase price now that the glass bottles are in short(er) supply?!?

Turns out it was a misunderstanding, so the price is now 60 baht and I got reimbursed for cases already paid.

As for my current price (70 baht/case of glass bottles), I had read this thread prior to ordering, so Im also puzzled about this, either the driver is netting the difference or Glacier (again) increased the price, I was thinking it might be related to the discontinuation plan, i.e. increase price now that the glass bottles are in short(er) supply?!?

Turns out it was a misunderstanding, so the price is now 60 baht and I got reimbursed for cases already paid.

Congratulations, join the club. About 96% of what is posted is a "misunderstanding".

• 3 months later...

Been getting 20 litre size water from Polestar regular as clockwork every Saturday morning before 10am for 7 years.

No longer,last 2 weeks new delivery vehicle, pick up not a truck, and delivery has been when it suited them.Today no delivery.

3 phone calls to Polestar resulted in "don't know where driver, is not my problem" responses and Glacier are not taking on new customers as they are short of water.

Anyone have a reliable supplier in the Banwangtan ,Hang Dong area ?.Numbers, after googling, seem out of date.

Thanks in advance

Dew Drop (new) truck spotted yesterday : Phone:+66 53 351 331

Thanks Rob,noted. Polestar just dropped in 5 mins ago.Through their mumbled excuse came the theme that they are having problems keeping up supply.

Not sure where these companies access their requirements.Did notice supermarkets having larger supplies of bottled water on display might be a run on it soon.

My wifes family in Petchabun have had 3 consecutive nights of heavy rain.Hopefully its working its way north.

Filter machine on the street ,B4 for 5 lt ,and i can use up all my B1 coins ;-) .Water is water and i never had a problem with it .If it was possible to go somewhere and collect spring water myself that would be ideal .Anyone know any place ?

Edited by anto