lightning cables for iphone 5

kingalfred

Anyone who has had an iphone 5 or the new ipad for a least a year will know the problems with the deterioration of the lightning cables around the connecting ends, I am on my 2nd cable and that is starting to "bubble up" around the connector. I really dont want to buy a new one again. The copy ones all over Bangkok and Thailand are no good, they will cease to work after a few weeks if not days. There is a an Amazon equivalent that is compatible with Apple products but it costs around 40$ in total to get it shipped to Thailand. The one alternative is repair it yourself. I saw this video on youtube where this guy used shrink tube insulation to strengthen the cable, Now the problem is where to get it in Thailand. If anyone knows what outlet may or does sell this sort of stuff please Reply Thanks. Here's the videolink. It could save us alot of expense on buying new cables. I have read on apple community forums of users buying many new cables in one year

Aftermarket,certified cables seem to be more sturdy than aforementioned. Cost will be about $20 at .Life or whatever store you choose. My Moshi cable has been taking a beating daily for about a year since my Apple cable died. I carry it everywhere. Belkin looks good too.

• 11 months later...

My daughter is on her third cable in 2.5 years. The OEM cables I buy cost 150 baht and last as long as the original. No biggy.

you are very lucky if they function for more than a few weeks if not apple approved.
  • Like 1