Man assaulted by PCAD guards 'was not armed agent'

webfact

This thread has gotten confused with 3 separate incidents where people have been beaten or shot by the protest thugs over the last couple of weeks.

1. The security Gaurd for an auto parts company who was held and tortured by the PDRC thugs for several days. He was carrying a UDD card from 2010. This was the man who was tied up and throw from a bridge and was rescued and taken to hospital. One of the PDRC leader is wanted for his attempted murder.

2. The taxi who took a passenger to Wireless Road to pick up a prostitute. The PDRC guards shouted at the passenger to leave, there was an exchange of abuse and then the PDRC guards opened fire. The taxi driver was injured by a bullet fragment and the punter ran away, never to be seen again. This was the incident where the Guards claimed to have been fired upon from the taxi and claimed to have found explosives in the abandoned Taxi.

3. The incident that is in the OP. A driver tried to move some cones that were blocking Chang Wattana Road. He was beaten and shot in the leg by the PCAD Guards.

Thanks for differentiating between the 3 incidences.

Let's take the latest on incident no.2. - It has been reported that the taxi was owned by a policeman, driven by a different policeman and he turned off his lights and opened fire first!!!

Also, that the local police station was aware of what was happening.

Can you send me a link to that story please.

I had heard via a Thai website that a firework was let off and the guards thought they had been fired upon but I cannot find the link now.

Another poster has said that these were 3 isolated incidents. How many isolated incidents do we need before we spot a pattern?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has gotten confused with 3 separate incidents where people have been beaten or shot by the protest thugs over the last couple of weeks.

1. The security Gaurd for an auto parts company who was held and tortured by the PDRC thugs for several days. He was carrying a UDD card from 2010. This was the man who was tied up and throw from a bridge and was rescued and taken to hospital. One of the PDRC leader is wanted for his attempted murder.

2. The taxi who took a passenger to Wireless Road to pick up a prostitute. The PDRC guards shouted at the passenger to leave, there was an exchange of abuse and then the PDRC guards opened fire. The taxi driver was injured by a bullet fragment and the punter ran away, never to be seen again. This was the incident where the Guards claimed to have been fired upon from the taxi and claimed to have found explosives in the abandoned Taxi.

3. The incident that is in the OP. A driver tried to move some cones that were blocking Chang Wattana Road. He was beaten and shot in the leg by the PCAD Guards.

Let's take the latest on incident no.2. - It has been reported that the taxi was owned by a policeman, driven by a different policeman and he turned off his lights and opened fire first!!!

I had heard via a Thai website that a firework was let off and the guards thought they had been fired upon but I cannot find the link now.

Another poster has said that these were 3 isolated incidents. How many isolated incidents do we need before we spot a pattern?

No, I can't send a link as the Thai visa rules don't allow it (metisdead has just posted a strict warning on this reminding us that it is outlawed) - but that should indicate where the link derives from if you are interested. I think the name of the police station I referred to is nang lerng so you should Google that. The police station that was aware of this was actually Lumpini police station.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Taxi-shot-up-in-Lumpini-Park-after-argument-with-p-30228805.html

http://www.google.co.th/?hl=en#hl=en&q=%22Narasak+Pulma%22

Edited by Suriya4

Please note my edits to the post regards the names of the 2 police stations concerned!!!

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Taxi-shot-up-in-Lumpini-Park-after-argument-with-p-30228805.html

http://www.google.co.th/?hl=en#hl=en&q=%22Narasak+Pulma%22

Thanks Suriya

Those links support what I was saying. shouting, followed by a firework and then the guards opened fire.

After reading all this "Going no where" Mental Dysentery transferred into computers, I need an appointment with a Medical Expert.

First, again, do not believe anything you read, anything you hear and only half of what you see with your own eyes !!

Secondly, If I come to cones in the street in what I believe to be a restricted area, legally or otherwise, I do not get out of my car and move them. Why, because I learned a long time ago in Texas "If you don't start someting there will not be something", good idea !!

I do believe there was some over reaction, but why ?? Some day we will know, but not on this web site.

Jerry

After reading all this "Going no where" Mental Dysentery transferred into computers, I need an appointment with a Medical Expert.

First, again, do not believe anything you read, anything you hear and only half of what you see with your own eyes !!

Secondly, If I come to cones in the street in what I believe to be a restricted area, legally or otherwise, I do not get out of my car and move them. Why, because I learned a long time ago in Texas "If you don't start someting there will not be something", good idea !!

I do believe there was some over reaction, but why ?? Some day we will know, but not on this web site.

Jerry

Imagine a government by people's committee with these mindless, vilolent thugs in charge of security. Low life, brown shirt street criminals...not whistling grannies

Imagine your brother just knowing you to be unarmed at the time

Imagine you implying that he wasn't when it has nothing to do with you and you couldn't possibly know, you weren't there.

Neither was the brother it would seem.

It has long been clear that the PDRC is a terrorist organisation as indicated by the irrational and threatening language of Suthep and his hired hands from the time he initiated his onslaught on the Kingdom of Thailand until now.

When any of his hired hands and guards abuse a Thai citizen or murder their most hated Thai opponent(s) I have no doubt that Suthep should be held personally responsible and indicted for each and every such quasi or actual terrorist act committed by his so called "guard".

That Suthep’s PDRC exists to Terrorize is shown by their action and dialogue. The salaried guards are really an aggressive armed force reinforcing Suthep’s verbal threats to the Thai government and it’s citizens. These enforcers are determined to scare the people to enable Sutep’s whims in Thailand. By enforcing the questionable ideology and methodology devised by Suthep himself the PDRC is a terrorist organization, for anything sought of the people by fear is terrorism.

Wake up Thailand if Suthep achieves his goals Thailand may be mortally wounded never to rise to peace and democracy again.

• Like 1

It has long been clear that the PDRC is a terrorist organisation as indicated by the irrational and threatening language of Suthep and his hired hands from the time he initiated his onslaught on the Kingdom of Thailand until now.

When any of his hired hands and guards abuse a Thai citizen or murder their most hated Thai opponent(s) I have no doubt that Suthep should be held personally responsible and indicted for each and every such quasi or actual terrorist act committed by his so called "guard".

That Suthep’s PDRC exists to Terrorize is shown by their action and dialogue. The salaried guards are really an aggressive armed force reinforcing Suthep’s verbal threats to the Thai government and it’s citizens. These enforcers are determined to scare the people to enable Sutep’s whims in Thailand. By enforcing the questionable ideology and methodology devised by Suthep himself the PDRC is a terrorist organization, for anything sought of the people by fear is terrorism.

Wake up Thailand if Suthep achieves his goals Thailand may be mortally wounded never to rise to peace and democracy again.

You put it in such a way that Suthep is like Hitler.

No way.

These attacks on innocent civilians are now occurring on a daily basis and yet there are still those who come out and support these cruel thugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Your proof please that they are innocent civilians.

No nonsense drivel needed. There are plenty of other posters supplying enough of that.

These are three isolated incidents.

Unfortunate, and not suppose to happen, and I am sure Suthep didn't want these to happen.

In each and every cases, it was only speculated that it was the work of Suthep's guard.

Please don't jump to conclusion, innocent until proven guilty please.

Besides, it could be the work of fake guards (i.e. Red shirts working for Suthep now).

And will you also not jump to conclusions that it is the Red shirts who are firing M79 grenades all over Bangkok then?

First two sentences are poignant , I'm sure Suthep is less than happy, but here's an idea, you want these "alleged" incidents to stop as well as the grenade attacks... end the protest, the forums that he's instigated can still take place, all in relative safety I might add. wink.png

There's nothing stopping him form gatheing his "peoples council" and holding meeting after the protests have stood down either .

I agree, their usefulness, although it has bore 'great' fruit, has run its course now and the courts can proceed from here to do the right thing!!!

That statement might be a little premature.

It will be interesting to see what the 6 meetings set up over the next two weeks turn up.

They may flop or they may bring a breath of fresh air to people to actually see people openly talking about it sharing ideas not accusations.

I note that the experts were to be given 5 minutes to speak where as the PDRC only 3 minutes.

• Like 1

According to Mr. Thammarat Channual, Mr. Maroot was attending a wedding reception hosted by one of his friends in Laksi distirct on the night of the incident. Afterh he left the party, Mr. Thammarat said, Mr. Maroot drove home via Chaeng Wattana Road, thinking he could drive through the protest site.

But Mr. Maroot soon reportedly encountered street cones erected by PCAD guards on the road. As the barricades were unmanned, Mr. Thammarat said in a phone interview, Mr. Maroot got out of his car and attempted to remove the barricades,

Not getting into the right or wrong of blocking roads, just wondering about common sense. Most people aware of the demonstrations will not assume that they can drive through, and will not try to dismantle a barricade. Maybe something to do with having a few at that wedding reception?

Not that anyone needs to get beat up and shot for this sort of thing.

And if the PDRC were at the end of your road what would you do?

Would you remove the illegal traffic cones so you could freely pass or would you just give up?

Shooting the guy in the leg and the terrible beating he has received from which we don't know the outcome shows these people are a clear and present danger to the general public.

Yet the courts continue to portray these protestors as peaceful.

Silly courts.

After the last coup in 2008 for a short while the soldiers were cockily walking around silom in groups.

Just wait for these thugs to start handing out rough justice on your streets.

Well, they blocked the roads around where we live at the beginning of the demonstrations. Didn't cross my mind to dismantle their fences and such, just went around another way. Like I said in my post - not talking about the right and wrong of it, but wondering about the guy's common sense (or lack of).

The place where this happened isn't exactly "someone's" street (and yes, if someone blocked our narrow alley, I might react differently) but a major road. Last time I saw the cones in question were placed at some distance before the actual roadblock, to warn drivers off. The roadblocks themselvs looked quite solid, didn't think a single person could move them anyway.

Would you act the same way as this guy?

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

I feel sorry for the injuries this man got and wish him well. But -

who knows who is telling the truth ?

And I am not surprised by the guards being alert and using force when being attacked or something happens that looks like an attack. In those situations there is no time to consider. Better shoot first than be shot.

There is a reason for this. All the attacks on the peaceful protestors. Grenade attacks every night. Shooting and killing on a regular base.

Without these attacks security would not be necessary and this would not have happened.

Always keep in mind the violence came from the red shirts side first and guess - who are the unknown grenade attackers and shooters. It is a joke talking of a third party.

Clearly it is solely this group of violent undemocratic thugs that has to be accused - not only for this but for all the violence.

You are hard to follow! You spend most of your post slagging off the red shirts, then you sum up by admitting it's the violent undemocratic ones fault,

wish you'd make your mind up.

Imagine a government by people's committee with these mindless, vilolent thugs in charge of security. Low life, brown shirt street criminals...not whistling grannies

Imagine a world with posters like you…...

Cheers, I'm having some ear drops with Chalerm…..

If you believe Khaosod, you believe that Elvis is still alive.

Just look at the photos, it is obviously 2 different people with similar hair style.

The guy on the left is skinny; while the guy on the right is a fat boy.

He couldn't have put on so much weight over such a short time.

Besides, their ears look different too.

That's my opinion.

Take a look at this guy youtube channel upload:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mchannual

Very very political? He has a wife named "Phoo". SAME AS YINGLUCK. Coincident?

If those are 2 different people, Yingluck is a competent Prime Minister...

But for someone is so hard to just condemn violent actions of their "team"? Passion makes people blind...

• Like 1

This might happen to you if you are married to a girl also name "Phoo" (same name as Yingluck).

Krama? Some believe so. I am sure most of you don't believe in Krama. Time to go and ask the monk advise to have the name changed.

This guy actually love children cartoon, and his first child is about to due in a matter of days.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mchannual?feature=watch

If you know what you talk about: Karma may turn against the one inciting violence and spread utter nonsense...

The anointed experts should have the biggest say as the PDRC are primarily there to set everything in motion and get the ball rolling - then let the experts (independent people who know and understand what they are talking about) take it from there. Do not shut the PTP out, but tell them to justify their ideas and if good (with no hidden agenda behind them) then by all means incorporate them into the reforms and make them feel part of it.

Also, the plight of the poor MUST be addressed (seriously) - of which I understand is to be done, as there will be problems into perpetuity if this does not happen and progress will not be made!!!!

• Like 1

Imagine a world with posters like you…...

Cheers, I'm having some ear drops with Chalerm….

Direct him to an ear clinic. There are many of them. They say come 28 days you no need ear medicine.

The anointed experts should have the biggest say as the PDRC are primarily there to set everything in motion and get the ball rolling - then let the experts (independent people who know and understand what they are talking about) take it from there. Do not shut the PTP out, but tell them to justify their ideas and if good (with no hidden agenda behind them) then by all means incorporate them into the reforms and make them feel part of it.

Also, the plight of the poor MUST be addressed (seriously) - of which I understand is to be done, as there will be problems into perpetuity if this does not happen and progress will not be made!!!!

I totally agree with you.

Make the PTP feel welcome as long as they don't have to discard their principals for them.

As you can see I do not think much of them in the morals department. I do how ever believe that there are members who if allowed to speak their mind with out fear of repercussions from Thaksin would make a good contribution to the effort. That thought goes for all parties including the Democrats if allowed to speak their mind there would be people who would and could add meaningful discussion to the topic at hand.

I am not saying a party head is incapable of adding to the discussion but I am saying they should not be allowed in it. This includes Suthep. As there position would not allow them to speak open mindedly here.

This is a place for answers found only through open dialogue with people who honestly care for the Country.

On a side note I do not know the in's and out's of the law but I do know the difference between right and wrong. On that basis I can say I could add to it.

Now that I think of it. That should be the starting point on any discussion. If it is wrong discard it. Just because it is legal does not make it right.wai.gif

• Like 1

I liked brothers comment, though could be a translation error.

Brother said that he was not armed at that time.

So he usually is armed??

Quote was actually "brother was unarmed at the time" If you going to quote to get a view point that suits you quote right, your the translation error cannot translate English to English.facepalm.gif

I totally agree with you.

Make the PTP feel welcome as long as they don't have to discard their principals for them.

As you can see I do not think much of them in the morals department. I do how ever believe that there are members who if allowed to speak their mind with out fear of repercussions from Thaksin would make a good contribution to the effort. That thought goes for all parties including the Democrats if allowed to speak their mind there would be people who would and could add meaningful discussion to the topic at hand.

I am not saying a party head is incapable of adding to the discussion but I am saying they should not be allowed in it. This includes Suthep. As there position would not allow them to speak open mindedly here.

This is a place for answers found only through open dialogue with people who honestly care for the Country.

On a side note I do not know the in's and out's of the law but I do know the difference between right and wrong. On that basis I can say I could add to it.

Now that I think of it. That should be the starting point on any discussion. If it is wrong discard it. Just because it is legal does not make it right.wai.gif

Can't see anything to argue against there.

I also concur with you that Suthep and PTP counterparts should not have any input - Suthep wouldn't, I believe, have an issue at not being involved in the discussions.

One thing is for certain though, the Shinawatra's are to have absolutely nothing to do with any of it as they are at the complete root of the problems we are experiencing today!!!

• Like 1