TAT to spend 20 million baht to boost tourism during Songkran Festival

webfact

Spend the hard eared cash--Ha Ha----on water to drought areas, 20 million baht, FOOLS.

How do you control the people that are near Pi##ed out of their minds, to sprinkle rather than drown passing motorists.

Yep....my old girlfriend was a rice farmers daughter from Isaan. She came to live with me here in Phuket. Two years back all of her village had lost their rice crop because of drought. In the thick of the water splashing at Sapan Hin my girl squeezed my hand and then started sobbing. When I asked what was wrong...she told me that she could not believe how much good water was being wasted while people in her village had none.

I detest songkran and most often try to avoid it all together by going to a little undeveloped Island that I know.

How sad a story, gosh brings another meaning to it... feel for your Girlfriend....

I also ''Detest'' Songran, childish and dangerous..

Agree - with the expected droughts what a waste of money and poor rice farmers being neglected. Give most of the money to them and the rest to victim's of motorcyclists being hospitalised by the actions of mindless idiots, Thai and Foreign alike.

Its fun for a day, but after that it becomes boreing and stupid, a Gentle Thai tradition that has been turned into a massive water throwing frenzey by lots of ( not all) p-issheads, i dread to think the damage that will caused IF they do Extend it, a good reason NOT to come to Thailand in April, and as another poster said how much of the 20 mill will be trousered ???....coffee1.gif

Spend the hard eared cash--Ha Ha----on water to drought areas, 20 million baht, FOOLS.

How do you control the people that are near Pi##ed out of their minds, to sprinkle rather than drown passing motorists.

I would use a hammer to make them understand

you hit one first, then the rest would understand that they can not do that

same thing for the motorbikes drivers who use the side walk