Sea food restaurants.

fredob43

Suttangrak is a good one too. They also have a japanese section as well as a wine bar. Live music is a bit iffy unless you want a farang with a guitar serenading you with Thai love longs. Further down is one wiith 3 in the name (big number 3 on the sign). All towards the end of Jomtien Beach Road.

Last week I went to PMY Beach just outside Rayong. Half the price of Pattaya and just as good. There are loads of restaurants right on the beach, very pretty if you can be bothered with the schlep.

Have tried Suttangrak it's ok but a bit pricey and to my mind not as good as the crab one next door. Have tried the Japanese food there looks good but a little under par flavour wise due to too much sugar in the rice.

Rayon sorry to say a bit to far for evening meal.

Thanks anyway.

Another vote for Preecha in Ban Amphur plus they recently opened one in Bang Saray.

In Pattaya I would probably go for Mumaroi just past the fish market in North Pattaya

Thanks for the Mum Aroi one at the end of Naklua Rd looked it up and it seems quite good.

I'll give it a try and I will report on any I find that are OK.

I believe there is also a Mum Aroi on third road coming from Klang going to North near the first traffic lights.

Sent from my iPad, so please excuse any typos

I think your right but one look on the internet and everyone suggests the one at the end of Naklua seems a better bet.

I will try it and give my thoughts on same after.

Thanks to all that have tried to help with their suggestions. At least I'll have some to try out.

Nice view? Of Pattaya Klang? unsure.png

Agreed, not much of a view.

But that comment makes me think. that you have only eaten out front ?

I was talking about the place on Pattaya Klang across the street from Foodland Supermarket. There is NO VIEW! What are you on about, front, back, huh?

Yes, I am also talking about Pra Jaan Baan, directly across the street from Foodland.

So next time, rather than sitting in the front restaurant, keep on walking towards the back, then come back on here, apologise for shouting and being rude,.

And admit, that you could learn more from listening now and again smile.png

Please allow me to give my apologies to JT as well When I Googled pra jaan ban I got the restaurant pra pa garn baan have eaten there and it's several km south of Pattaya. Hence I said it had a nice view.

Yes, I am also talking about Pra Jaan Baan, directly across the street from Foodland.

So next time, rather than sitting in the front restaurant, keep on walking towards the back, then come back on here, apologise for shouting and being rude,.

And admit, that you could learn more from listening now and again smile.png

Why don't you tell us what the view is there? I can't even imagine. Rather than playing cryptic games, OK?

Admittedly off-topic but I'm interested in jingthing's reply...

Have you EVER admitted you are wrong about anything???

Many, many times, dude.

A recent example:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/544587-new-laser-assisted-cataract-surgery-is-superior-where-in-thailand/page-2#entry7586872

I have no hesitation to do so when I actually AM wrong.

Please don't ask such annoying questions again directed at me, OK?

I think you've reached your lifetime limit.

On the view, I am only ASKING what is this view that I have clearly missed on scenic Pattaya Klang. I think it is silly for a person saying there is a view to not just bloody SAY what that view is.

Edited by Jingthing

Admittedly off-topic but I'm interested in jingthing's reply...

Have you EVER admitted you are wrong about anything???

Many, many times, dude.

A recent example:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/544587-new-laser-assisted-cataract-surgery-is-superior-where-in-thailand/page-2#entry7586872

I have no hesitation to do so when I actually AM wrong.

Please don't ask such annoying questions again directed at me, OK?

I think you've reached your lifetime limit.

On the view, I am only ASKING what is this view that I have clearly missed on scenic Pattaya Klang. I think it is silly for a person saying there is a view to not just bloody SAY what that view is.

MMMMMM WOW !!!!!someome else got it wrong Surprise surprise

Now, makes me think you have never eaten at Pra Jan Baan.

Thanks for all the support on the seafood restaurants my update on a few that I tried.

First off Mum Aroi food quite good not the best by any stretch of the imagination mainly due to the place being to big by the time the food arrives it is at best tepid it's also like dining on Waterloo station hoards of peeps floating about nice service and view all the same.

Pu pen 'Crab not dead' end of Jomtiun the road is now being sorted so if you know the back way in use it or you could be stuck for a long time.

Food as usual good they now do a scallop dish topped with spinach and cheese make's a pleasant change from the usual Thai or butter sauce tip ask for it to be well grilled. Service a bit hit and miss.

Did look at the one JT recommended opposite Food land Pra Jaan Baan??? as there was only two peeps in there at 7,30pm on a Friday gave it a miss I never eat in places that don't have a big turnover. But saying that if JT recommends it could be nice.

The one that does stick out for quality of food and cooking is Preecha dined there twice and must say everything was top notch on both occasions even got a warm lime finger bowl. Tip don't dine on the beach as little or no light and if you go for fish not easy to sort out the bones you have been warned.

Prices of all about the same except the crab not dead has the least mark up on beer at 90bt for a large Tiger with a large selection of same. Mum Aroi only has two on offer, Preecha has more the usual but bigger mark up saying that not over the top.

Once again many thanks for all the recommendations but it's Preecha that I shall be dining in in future.

Tip never never eat squid anywhere in Pattaya as it's caught off the beach and must contain all sorts of rubbish. We went fishing some time ago and even the boat owner said he never ate same.

off track, not fancy at all, no 'nice view' but delicious seafood and bloody cheap: some seafood restaurant (no name?) on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 15 (Nongplalai) and railroad road. A large portion of crab meat in curry for 200THB? Yes, there

similarly off track, little closer towards Pattaya at the other stretch of the railroad road, fancier looking to avoid (prices for that location and service) a new place called E Aroi. Place has about 50 tables of which almost every night 4 - 5 are occupied

Did look at the one JT recommended opposite Food land Pra Jaan Baan??? as there was only two peeps in there at 7,30pm on a Friday gave it a miss I never eat in places that don't have a big turnover. But saying that if JT recommends it could be nice.

Believe me, there is ALWAYS a lot more two diners in there on a Friday night.

Another, who does not look hard enough.

Has anybody tried Ton Hat? It's located right on the water. Take the turn off of Suk, heading north, toward Pinnacle resort. (Opposite Alangkarn) Drive to the end; turn right. It's near the end of the road.

Nothing fancy, to say the least. There's an indoor facility, and outdoor seating great views of the sea. (Toilet facilities are crude. Located across the road, behind the parking lot.)

The service has been iffy every time I've been there; but the seafood, especially the grilled giant prawns, was very good. It's mostly Thai clientele, and the prices are lower than would be expected for similar food.

I was stuck in yet another Pattaya traffic jam for several Minute's right opposite the restaurant so please don't tell me I don't look hard enough, I repeat there were TWO peeps eating in there. If you weren't there you don't know so please don't accuse me of not looking hard enough. One of us is talking out of their Butt and I can assure you it isn't me.

Update they the two peeps male female were sitting on the right hand side 3/4 tables back from the road accurate enough.

Edited by fredob43

I was stuck in yet another Pattaya traffic jam for several Minute's right opposite the restaurant so please don't tell me I don't look hard enough, I repeat there were TWO peeps eating in there. If you weren't there you don't know so please don't accuse me of not looking hard enough. One of us is talking out of their Butt and I can assure you it isn't me.

Update they the two peeps male female were sitting on the right hand side 3/4 tables back from the road accurate enough.

This is getting to be a thing. Like a grand mystery or has this all been a windup?

In any case, I'm a little afraid now of going there, walking to the back, opening some secret flashing psychedelic door with the word "GREAT VIEW" on it in Thai and Esperanto, and then being transported Alice in Wonderland style to some disturbing alternative universe.w00t.gif

I just go there for the chow, dudes!

In any case, to clarify, I was not suggesting this place serves anything close to the best seafood in the greater Pattaya region.

But it is geographically convenient! (Baht bus friendly.)

Edited by Jingthing

This is getting to be a thing. Like a grand mystery or has this all been a windup?

In any case, I'm a little afraid now of going there, walking to the back, opening some secret flashing psychedelic door with the word "GREAT VIEW" on it in Thai and Esperanto, and then being transported Alice in Wonderland style to some disturbing alternative universe.w00t.gif

I just go there for the chow, dudes!

In any case, to clarify, I was not suggesting this place serves anything close to the best seafood in the greater Pattaya region.

But it is geographically convenient! (Baht bus friendly.)

I like you JT cant understand why peep's put at best stupid post in, and a lot of the time's they are down right rude. Maybe it's the heat that's got to them who knows.

All it takes is a little politeness if you make a mistake an apology it go's a long way.

If you weren't there you don't know so please don't accuse me of not looking hard enough. One of us is talking out of their Butt and I can assure you it isn't me.

:)

Maybe one day, the penny will drop.