Surapong sold out Thailand's for myopic interests

webfact

Monday...it is early... first convoluted piece of the day... nothing new here...although this author with his biased brush ( normal) is all over the place and barely understandable who are these Senior officials he paraphrases for...? and wasn't that Suthep's goal ..? to create a failed state...? so the Good People on White Horses can swoop at will...? Just another slam on on the head of Surapong...LMAO ( not even veiled anymore..just bilious...next...

• Like 2

Monday...it is early... first convoluted piece of the day... nothing new here...although this author with his biased brush ( normal) is all over the place and barely understandable who are these Senior officials he paraphrases for...? and wasn't that Suthep's goal ..? to create a failed state...? so the Good People on White Horses can swoop at will...? Just another slam on on the head of Surapong...LMAO ( not even veiled anymore..just bilious...next...

Go back to bed you are talking childish babble.

Well each to their own... but as far as I can tell there have been 45 or 46 FM since 1871 not forty and that is 143 years ago not 232..so to start with the writer might want to try accuracy before sounding off with "facts"

MFA History

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/organize/19299-Names-of-Past-Foreign-Ministers.html

"Of all the forty foreign ministers in the past 232 years since the founding of Krungthep,..."

..also isn't it interesting that he refers to Kreungthep rather than Thailand... in most circles I have traveled, Kreungthep is a colloquial term for Bangkok.. yes...? no...? Well that leaves 89 odd years out of the math...with no Foreign Ministers...so as I said before...

He started too early on a Monday Morning with a bat to the head of Surapong albeit an inaccurate one...still I admit it was a bat to the head...

Outsiders, foreigners, bla bla bla.

That was the rantings of someone who feels like they are being ignored. And rightly so. What a lot of drivel.

What a load of drivel? What is, the "FACTS" stated above? Again, these facts do not suit the PTP agenda so they are dismissed with no rebuttal except "bla, bla, bla". Simply dismissed and replaced with a belief that the PTP are right.

They say violence is the language of the inarticulate. I can see why the UDD are forming the largest street gang in history now.

Those facts are drivel apparently, but someone saying voting is not the expression of someones opinion because (surpirse, surprise) the poll does not suit the PTP agenda is not drivel.

A "belief" that suits the PTP agenda overrides "facts" that do not suit the PTP agenda.

That's PTP logic right there.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

Sounds like someone is very scared of having an independent body pass judgement of the goings on here in the LOS.

This dying anti-government movement could do with a good burst of sunlight on their shady activities.

Bring on Ban-Ki, let him do his thing and let us know where we need to spray the disinfectant.

Go back to bed you are talking childish babble.

Well each to their own... but as far as I can tell there have been 45 or 46 FM since 1871 not forty and that is 143 years ago not 232..so to start with the writer might want to try accuracy before sounding off with "facts"

MFA History

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/organize/19299-Names-of-Past-Foreign-Ministers.html

"Of all the forty foreign ministers in the past 232 years since the founding of Krungthep,..."

..also isn't it interesting that he refers to Kreungthep rather than Thailand... in most circles I have traveled, Kreungthep is a colloquial term for Bangkok.. yes...? no...? Well that leaves 89 odd years out of the math...with no Foreign Ministers...so as I said before...

He started too early on a Monday Morning with a bat to the head of Surapong albeit an inaccurate one...still I admit it was a bat to the head...

That's a rather impressive take down.

How this guys editor keeps his job.....

drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

• Like 1

He's right in every respect about Surapong, but he's biased with this Thai attitude of 'we're too proud to seek outside help'. Thailand is well on its way to a failed state (politically), and could use any outside mediation it can get. We should be encouraging Ban to get involved, he could well lecture both sides about being immature, and point out some harsh truths to Surapong, much in the same way Blair and the others did last year.

Well if you agree that Thailand is well on its way to a failed state, and you agree that Thailand could use any outside mediation it can get, and you agree that Ban should be encouraged to get involved, and you agree that Ban could point out some harsh truths to Surapong, how is the Nation journalist right in every respect? He is saying the opposite!

Khun Kavi, I'm pretty sure the headline should read like this:

Surapong One of oh so many politicians, people in authority, the wealthy and influential etc. etc over the years who have sold out Thailand for their own myopic and self-serving interests.

What do you think?

• Like 2

I think you should brush up on your reading comprehension skills. While not well-written, it is easily understood. Though I guess I just proved your point, I may find it easy to understand, however you don't, so the writer failed. The article definitely could benefit from some copy-editing.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The only problem Thai People have is pride, they do not agree on their mistake to learn from it, all they want is right, they claim right even when they know what they are doing is wrong, this type of action cannot move the country forward. the only way out for thailand is for them to acknowledge their mistake and correct it.

Thais are filled with ego and self centered over inflated sense of self importance.

Nothing new here. We have all known for sometime that Surapong has the IQ of a meatball.

Probably why he is so good at unquestioningly doing what he is ordered without even blinking, turning red or stretching his collar; he just doesn't understand the consequences of his actions.

"...he just doesn't understand the consequences of his actions."

Of course he doesn't, he's Thai isn't he?

.......there had been suggestions way before the elections to invite the UN to 'oversee' the situation before it got out of hand....

....the response was something like...."It is none of their business".....

...now maybe they fear for their own well-being......???

• Like 1

Outsiders, foreigners, bla bla bla.

That was the rantings of someone who feels like they are being ignored. And rightly so. What a lot of drivel.

"That was the rantings of someone who feels like they [sic] are being ignored. "

Sounds like a description of 90% of Thai Visa threads.

Let's go back a bit to the last election....

Thais voted Yingluck in as the PM when they knew all so well that she was a complete political novice who had no previous political training nor experience to lead a country. The only credential that she had at the time, were a pretty face, Thaksin's sister and a claim that she used to run Shin (quite dodgy there too if she ACTUALLY ran the operation?) She then appointed Surapong to be the head of the Foreign Ministry (probably more Thaksin's idea than hers). And they all know so well that Surapong had no previous training nor experience to run the Foreign Ministry. The only credentials that he had were Thaksin's relative and a loyal lackey.

Now both these novices are experiencing setbacks due to their inexperience and incompetence and whom should be blamed for their blunders? I really think education is the key for the Thai masses so they can wake up and actually go to election to elect politicians that will and would genuinely serve the country and her people instead of just serve for political and personal gains! Wishful thinking, at least in the present time!

• Like 1

Perhaps someone at The Nation should tell Kavi Chongkittavorn that Google Translate just doesn’t cut it.

Good point, but more than a little ironic to choose to make that observation on Thai Visa where many native English speakers express the hope that they won’t “loose” any days by making “boarder” runs before “there” current permission to stay ends.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Excellent article. Surapong's many overladen titles have been driven by nepotism. As Thaksin's cousin, Surapong has found himself thrust to the very top of government. His role as foreign minister was simply to do whatever Thaksin wanted, return his passport, act as spokesman for every idea that came into Thaksin's head, bluff his way in diplomatic circles, and enable Thaksin's overseas investments. Surapong has been markedly unskilled at diplomacy. This Thaksin gambit completely backfired. Evidently, the international community is not quite as malleable as Thaksin would have wished.

• Like 2