New year in thailand water festival coming soon.

ultimate weapon

I can understand it might be fun to throw water on each other on a hot day.

I don't understand why it is done in a country where there is drought in some part and flood in other parts.

And it is not only tap water that is used, also drinking water.

As another poster above said, nowadays they often don't ask permission anymore to throw water on you.

I remember last year when the (2-lane) road was full of pick ups with water tanks and people splashing water, and

others on the side walk with tanks and buckets with water splashing back, music from loudspeakers full blast, and at the same time

teenagers racing with their very loud motorcycles up and down the road.

There is a line where fun crosses into stupid.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one will give it a miss this year, last year the attitude had changed and it got to violent for me, Pity because it use to be good.

What happened?

We made the mistake of getting off a bus from Bangkok, i had all my money, phone ,passport in my pocket, A girl went to throw a bucket of water over me i ask politely let me put my things in a plastic bag first, all i got was f,uck you, It was still going on at 3 am in the morning, to much for me now.it use to end about 6 pm . so i will give it a miss now for ever .

? I thought they used water guns to shoot at each other on the tourist streets? You mean you can get assaulted anywhere?

Have to admit though, this is the best part about it lol.

But it used to not be like this in Thailand. Anyone know when that changed and why?

Songkran_April_2008_Thailand_by_MichiLau

I don't get what you mean. You mean it's stopped being like that? To be honest i think those are bar girls from say some pattaya street bar.

• Like 1

I for one will give it a miss this year, last year the attitude had changed and it got to violent for me, Pity because it use to be good.

What happened?

We made the mistake of getting off a bus from Bangkok, i had all my money, phone ,passport in my pocket, A girl went to throw a bucket of water over me i ask politely let me put my things in a plastic bag first, all i got was f,uck you, It was still going on at 3 am in the morning, to much for me now.it use to end about 6 pm . so i will give it a miss now for ever .

? I thought they used water guns to shoot at each other on the tourist streets? You mean you can get assaulted anywhere?

Are you joking or???

You will get soaked with buckets of water one minute after you leave your house. Especially if you are a Farang. It's even more fun if you carry a laptop or camera. They will destroy it right away and laugh at you. If sitting in a car with unlocked doors, they will open it and throw a bucket of water inside.

• Like 2

It's the ice cold water that's the killer for me. That blast of water you get from the water cannons they have in Patty is no fun at all. Got to ask "Why the ice", without it, it would not be too bad even quite a bit of fun. Last year I got a full blast of ice cold right in my ear. Earache for the next couple of days.

Expect Pattaya to start on 12th and continue till 19th. Crazy!!

I convinced and ex GF to join me in Patty this year as she has a few days off work and has a car. That will get me some respite after the novelty has worn off, probably after 2 days.

I got to say one thing about Songkran, I do like gawping at all the ladies nipples on display. Nipples is about it....

Den

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}

}

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

What happened?

. I'm a Hater in Pattaya around 9 days of being Miserable, Get out while u can...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Bar girls you can see topless or nude in the go-gos anytime, in a much more comfortable, friendly atmosphere--except during Songkran, so Songkran is actually the worst time to come to Thailand for the girl-watching.

See a good post has come down to sex tourism and bar level.

What did you expect? You do know where you are, don't you?

Yes In Sahmut Prakan.

Bar girls you can see topless or nude in the go-gos anytime, in a much more comfortable, friendly atmosphere--except during Songkran, so Songkran is actually the worst time to come to Thailand for the girl-watching.

Yes In Sahmut Prakan.

Ah, I see. You've merely lost your way, given the dearth of go-gos and hot nekkid wimmen in Sahmut Prakan. These inspire the wet dreams of countless TV keyboard warriors, so any excuse for a sexual reference will do here.

Yet you may possibly find the "no sex please we're Sahmut Prakaners" forum a few doors down.

Next.

Edited by JSixpack

Yes In Sahmut Prakan.

Ah, I see. You've merely lost your way, given the dearth of go-gos and hot nekkid wimmen in Sahmut Prakan. These inspire the wet dreams of countless TV keyboard warriors, so any excuse for a sexual reference will do here.

Yet you may possibly find the "no sex please we're Sahmut Prakaners" forum a few doors down.

Next.

. I approve of this Public Message...

Just a thought...

Have a few hundred ( thousand ) white t-shirts printed up with" Sonkran 2014" in both English and Thai on the back of the shirt.

Sell them to males for 50 baht each and give them away free to any females who agree to change into them on the spot.

A wet, white T-shirt an a Thai girl always looks best.

No?

Now, how to convince them to lose the bras?

post-147745-0-36479800-1396065662_thumb.