Pattaya or Jomtien -where to stay?

Saan

Am visiting Pattaya/Jomtien with my wife at the beginning of next month - getting a breath of fresh air from the Chiang Mai smoke. It was many years ago that a I visited Pattaya and I was single then so my requirements are different now.

Can anyone help me with a recommendation as to whether I should stay in Pattaya or Jomtien. Night life is not beckoning me but a cold beer on the beach seems a nice idea.

In particular I would like to find a reasonable nice hotel with a balcony and a water view that is not isolated. Long walks to restaurants, etc are a thing of the past. And advice on nice seafood places would also be gratefully received.

End of Jomtien is really very far.. Not an issue if you're driving down and you have a car, but if not then I'd stay a little closer to the middle or so of Jomtien.

Even though you're not interested in the nightlife there are still some reasons why you'd want to go into Pattaya; for example to visit the Central Festival mall, or the pier to go to Ko Larn, visit restaurants, some music bars, etc.

BTW I really recommend driving down so you have a car. Makes everything much easier and cheaper.

End of Jomtien is really very far.. Not an issue if you're driving down and you have a car, but if not then I'd stay a little closer to the middle or so of Jomtien.

Even though you're not interested in the nightlife there are still some reasons why you'd want to go into Pattaya; for example to visit the Central Festival mall, or the pier to go to Ko Larn, visit restaurants, some music bars, etc.

BTW I really recommend driving down so you have a car. Makes everything much easier and cheaper.

Will be without car so need to be fairly central. Any reasonable hotels in the central Jomtien area?

Take a look at Eurostar,

Clean,new rooms,TV,fridge,wifi,nice little pool area..

405/26 Jomtien Soi 1 Moo 12, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi, 20150 Jomtien Beach

Had 4 days there last month..specify pool view...

http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/eurostar-jomtien-beach.en-gb.html?sid=017e16423e58c296daaf641337553dc2;dcid=1

Pattaya or Jomtien?

Baan Amphur every time.

Silver Sand Villa at the northern Thepprasit end of Jomtien beach (about 30 metres south of the junction of Jomtien Beach Road and Jomtien soi 7) is our Pattaya/Jomtien standby hotel and those of several other expats I know.

Big rooms, and a few big good value family rooms at the front for extended family holidays

Pretty good prices - usually about 1,500 baht for a big double (kingsize or twin doubles) with extra bed capabilities; probably nearer 2k in high season and gets booked well in advance in high season, usualy bookable at short notice otherwise

Two large pools

Across the road to the beach

Easy, quick and cheap to access Jomtien and Pattaya nightlife and facilities by baht bus

www.silversandvilla.com

Jomtien is better, and conveniently close to Pattaya, parking in Pattaya can be difficult so even if you have your own transport the baht bus is probably just as easy particularly if stay the north end of Jomtien (anywhere the Pattaya side of Soi Welcome).

Thanks for the replies.

Jomtien Boat House looked good but unfortunately no elevator so no me.

Tried to book a room at Silver Sands, which seemed to offer most things, but booked out.

I have been looking at Mermaid Beach Resort and V8 Seaview. Does anyone know them?

the new Eurostar hotel in Jomtien as 7000gods says in his post great rooms overlooking the pool and good sea view stayed there a few times love it.

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts