Homeless People To Be Cleared From Bangkok's Streets

Jai Dee

Minister of Social Development and Human Security to clear away homeless people from the streets

The Minister of Social Development and Human Security is preparing to set social order by clearing homeless people off the streets on the event of His Majesty's 60th ascension anniversary ceremony.

Mr. Wattana Muangsuk (วัฒนา เมืองสุข), the minister of Social Development and Human Security, revealed that during the event of His Majesty's 60th ascension anniversary ceremony, he has coordinated with the Metropolitan Police Bureau and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration in clearing the streets of homeless people in order to beautify the city for foreign dignitaries between June 8-14.

Mr. Wattana added that the relatives of homeless people will be notified to come and pick them up, and those without identification or relatives will be sent to temporary lodgings.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 02 June 2006

I guess during the rest of the year, or when nobody important is celebrating a birthday, the homeless are just worthless sh*t that are ignored.

This report clearly shows the callousness of the Thai gov't.

Mr. Wattana added that the relatives of homeless people will be notified to come and pick them up, and those without identification or relatives will be sent to temporary lodgings.

Bangkok Herald-Examiner

"Mr. Wattana went on to say that those homeless people with relatives who do not come and pick them up will be taken to Don Muang and placed on the baggage carousel for one hour, afterwhich, they will be placed in the unclaimed baggage section in Terminal 2.

He then when on to specify that those without identification or relatives will actually be sent to Bang Kwang Prison, after an aide had informed him that Bangkok doesn't have any temporary lodgings for homeless people."

Minister of Social Development and Human Security to clear away homeless people from the streets

The Minister of Social Development and Human Security is preparing to set social order by clearing homeless people off the streets on the event of His Majesty's 60th ascension anniversary ceremony.

Mr. Wattana Muangsuk (วัฒนา เมืองสุข), the minister of Social Development and Human Security, revealed that during the event of His Majesty's 60th ascension anniversary ceremony, he has coordinated with the Metropolitan Police Bureau and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration in clearing the streets of homeless people in order to beautify the city for foreign dignitaries between June 8-14.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 02 June 2006

I cannot find the proper words for my reply and when I am emotionally able to write a reaction after some days of cooling of I better don't do, I think, for my own sake! :o:D

Disgraceful and disgusting behaviour on such an occasion. For shame Minister, for shame.

It seems doubly inappropriate since the king just received a UN development award *for helping* the poor.

Edited by Crushdepth

Disgraceful and disgusting behaviour on such an occasion. For shame Minister, for shame.

Agreed... and just to put a face to this shame:

post-9005-1149231438.gif

Mr.Watana Muangsook

Minister of Social Development and Human Security

and from his online bio:

WORKING EXPERIENCES: 1982 - 1996 Lawyer hmmmmm... :o:D

Seems like the powers-that-be did the same thing during the APEC convention a few years back, but for that event, didn't they also put a plastic tarp of some sort over the front of the slums so that the visiting puuyai wouldn't witness said squalor from the road while in their tinted-window Mercedes-Benz's?

Seems like the powers-that-be did the same thing during the APEC convention a few years back, but for that event, didn't they also put a plastic tarp of some sort over the front of the slums so that the visiting puuyai wouldn't witness said squalor from the road while in their tinted-window Mercedes-Benz's?

Actually, it was a world record!!!.... YEAH TO THE TRT GOVERNMENT!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigantic banner unfurled to hide slum - The Nation, October 17, 2003

Arguably the world's largest banner, stretching over half a kilometre long and standing at about the height of a four-storey building, was unfurled in Bangkok to hide an unsightly slum from delegates attending the Apec summit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly enough.... ALSO FOUND on the very same search page, good ol' Wattana has been doing a terrific job since Day 1.

I had forgotten that he was the particularly ridiculous fool moron that came out with this one:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watana upsets women - The Nation, November 14, 2005

Women’s groups said yesterday that they would ask Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to account for his appointment of Watana Muangsook as Social Development and Human Security Ministry in light of Watana’s call on Saturday for women to prostrate themselves at their husbands’ feet before bedtime, in line with Thai tradition.

I am sure His Majesty The King is not ashamed of these poor people. They are Thai people and he loves his people. All the people.

Sometimes these morons who aspire to public office come out with the most bizarre and mindless schemes. Load the homeless and all cripples and amputees into cattle trucks and ship them to Burma.

Perhaps while he's at it he can have all the stray dogs shot, all bargirls and other , in his opinion, 'undesirable low lifes' sent back home, all elephants sent back upcountry where they belong.

Then and only then can he begin to sanitize what is otherwise a perfectly normal capital city in a developing country.

I am sure all VIP flights arriving in daylight hours will be diverted away from areas of slums and environmental destruction such as the flooded north with it's denuded forests..

Maybe Dr. Pol.Lt Col.Thaksin with all his billions is ashamed that he's done nothing for them as they don't vote TRT!

Keep up the good work minister. Wave your wand. :o

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly enough.... ALSO FOUND on the very same search page, good ol' Wattana has been doing a terrific job since Day 1.

I had forgotten that he was the particularly ridiculous fool moron that came out with this one:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women’s groups said yesterday that they would ask Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to account for his appointment of Watana Muangsook as Social Development and Human Security Ministry in light of Watana’s call on Saturday for women to prostrate themselves at their husbands’ feet before bedtime, in line with Thai tradition.

I knew it, he can't be that bad... :o

post-9005-1149231438.gif

Mr.Watana Muangsook

and from his online bio:

SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT??????? :D:D

I knew it, he can't be that bad... :o

Watana has no face left... that's probably why he proposed this latest horrendously bad move to treat the homeless as so much pile of refuse.

The reason he has no face is that when he came out with the previous imbecile notion of wives, after his very own wife said it was a stupid idea and then told him to eat shit and said she would never do it...

I knew it, he can't be that bad... :D

Watana has no face left... that's probably why he proposed this latest horrendously bad move to treat the homeless as so much pile of refuse.

The reason he has no face is that when he came out with the previous imbecile notion of wives, after his very own wife said it was a stupid idea and then told him to eat shit and said she would never do it...

:o:D

[i cannot find the proper words for my reply and when I am emotionally able to write a reaction after some days of cooling of I better don't do, I think, for my own sake! :o:D

Toni, we are waiting for you to get angry. :D

:D They did it in Melbourne for the CHOGM conference, they did it in Sydney for the Olympics, it is not a measure peculiar to Thailand in my opinion... :D dukkha

They used to do it in L.A. and other cities in the U.S.Then the civil liberties people(ACLU) stopped it.Now LA is over run with homeless.I feel they got what they wanted.I wouldn't live there,rather disgusting.Good for the ACLU though.Of course most of the ACLU don't go near the homeless,they just want everybody else to put up with it.They always cleaned up for the olympics etc. :o:D:D

[i cannot find the proper words for my reply and when I am emotionally able to write a reaction after some days of cooling of I better don't do, I think, for my own sake! :D:D

better not, again I can harm myself I am afraid! I have learned now to count to ten (YES!) first before (re)acting.

but found this picture (I know :o ) with the text "don't look please; what you don't see doesn't excist".

:D

post-22212-1149246890_thumb.jpg

[i cannot find the proper words for my reply and when I am emotionally able to write a reaction after some days of cooling of I better don't do, I think, for my own sake! :o:D

by the way, I like your name!!!! :D when do you start??

They could start with the farang begger sat with his backpack and the yellow sign saying"I need 4K to get back home. Please give what you can".

He has been pulling that stunt for over 18 months. Some people have no shame

post-9005-1149231438.gif

Mr.Watana Muangsook

and from his online bio:

Moonlighting as a circus clown may have also been intentionally left out of his C.V. :D

He came out with various stupid suggestions about 9 months ago and I remember reading one article in the Bangkok Post which quoted him as saying that it was his job to be provocative. I can't find that article now but he was basically admitting that he comes out with these crackpot ideas in the hope that one sticks.

<Conspiracy Theory> I wonder what he has been told to deflect attention from this time? </Conspiracy Theory> :o:D

What's wrong with this government?

They should have been swept off the streets a long time ago.

Those people you see with puss oozing from their stumps every 100 meters are employees of begging gangs.

That's valuable turf and real homeless beggars would not last out there for a minute.

And get rid of the disgusting packs of wild dogs please.

Those people you see with puss oozing from their stumps every 100 meters are employees of begging gangs.

That's valuable turf and real homeless beggars would not last out there for a minute.

this generalising reply for me is not worth to answer, however I could not resist only to say that your "disgusting packs of wild dogs" are caused by irresponsable "humans". When I can think of a country spic and span and wll organised I let you know!

:o

this generalising reply for me is not worth to answer, however I could not resist only to say that your "disgusting packs of wild dogs" are caused by irresponsable "humans". When I can think of a country spic and span and wll organised I let you know!

Have you ever been to Singapore, its about as close as you're going to get....well then there is Antartica. :D

These are not a few house pets getting into mischief.

I'm talking about the thousands of wild dogs breeding in the streets.

Who would make our laws then?

A slack animal, like this unhuman minister should be cleared too ! It makes me :D !

It is too easy to punish poors et feable men and especially women ! :o

Lets quantify this Toni...... Surely you must have meant irresponsible Thai "humans" perhaps. :o