Looking for Chinese person for translation

gatsby32

I'm trying to find a chinese person in Chiang Mai to do some translation from English to Chinese and Thai to Chinese. I'm looking for an individual rather than a professional service because I'm not a rich farang, I'm one of the poor ones. Haha

Does anyone know anybody here in Chiang Mai (or nearby) who'd be interested in doing a little freelance work?

Thanks!

How much is the poor farang willing to pay to launch his business.

You know I am not being flippant but I realised 2 yrs ago that finding first a japanese student, then a chinese student was a cost that costs you for the time it takes to hand the money over.

I will tell you now......2000bt plus some freebie in what you are promoting for the likes of a food, drink menu.

Are you up for that? If not then continue to struggle.

If you are then pm me and I will organise it.

Well, I wouldn't say I'm struggling. This is my first effort to find someone. This is a small and recurring project and while money is part of the issue, I also am hoping to meet and develop a long-term working relationship with someone with those abilities. 2000B isn't a problem at all over a period of time. 2000B an hour is a problem. I just want the money to go into the hands of the individual and not into the hands of some business for their work. I can offer a fair wage for their work. Sorry if that was misleading.

I understand your point, and yes I agree that being a cheapskate when it comes to employees ends up often being more expensive.

Thanks a lot for the advice and offer, eyecatcher. I will most likely get in touch with you at some point about this.

I know someone in Singapore who will do the English to Chinese translations, and vice versa.

Both her English and Mandarin are excellent. 2000 baht per document is acceptable (within reason - fees will be adjusted depending on length.)

Unfortunately she can't do the Thai. I'll put you in touch with her if you are interested.