Longest Visa Run

Hi, I envy you guys with your short visa runs! I have been staying in Thailand for the last 3 years on an annually renewed O class visa and like all have to cross the border every 90 days. My problem however, is that I am on an Australian Disability pension and I not allowed to spend more than 13 weeks outside of Australia at any one time, overstay in Thailand and my pension is cancelled. So it's 3 months here, back to Oz for a month and then back home to Thailand again. Costs me 1 months pension every 3 just to pay for the return airfares. Thankfully life in a small rural village in Isan more than makes up for the expence.

Hugh

//URL removed//

Hey Hugh

You have a great web site, very informative and great narrative. I liked all the pages and some great pictures and a nice collection of CG Art. The Thai House Resort looks like a nice place and every credit to your web master skills with your first paying customer.

Keep up the great work and enjoy your Long Visa Runs.

Kind regards

Peter

Hi Hugh,

Don't envy your visa runs that's for sure, however I certainly appreciate the feeling you have for village life in Isaan. My wife is from a very small community in Nakhon Phanom and although I live in the central region (work!) we do visit regularly for a few days just to chill out and do plenty of nothing.

A look at the "Real Thailand"!

Cheers,

Backpack..........

Hi, I envy you guys with your short visa runs! I have been staying in Thailand for the last 3 years on an annually renewed O class visa and like all have to cross the border every 90 days. My problem however, is that I am on an Australian Disability pension and I not allowed to spend more than 13 weeks outside of Australia at any one time, overstay in Thailand and my pension is cancelled. So it's 3 months here, back to Oz for a month and then back home to Thailand again. Costs me 1 months pension every 3 just to pay for the return airfares. Thankfully life in a small rural village in Isan more than makes up for the expence.

Hugh

//URL removed//

Hi Hugh

It‘s like built in a nonsense in your „Disability pension-system“. Is that really the full pension they can cancel and not the extra input money for food, room, doctor, etc. you get from the government agency for to live in Australian? Or are you in a special category of „Disability pensioner“?

Why not live here in LOS with your „pension“ and an extension your „O“ Visa (of course you wish). I‘ve seen you‘re about 50 years old in your profile. So when you can‘t bring in 65k per month or 800k per year you can also save and later than combined with pension.

I‘ve heard from an Australian friend, that they will pay pensioner continuing his health & accident insurance from Australian when you live in Thailand. When this is really true and you can it with your „disability pension“ also, than you don‘t have to worry too much about hospital costs.

Okay I‘m not from Australian, they maybe have an other politic than Europe.

I know the Swiss-system very good and there is only aloud to make

3 full months vacation every 12 months. So you‘ve to wait one full year , before you can make your next 3 full months vacation again. This is not about the pension alone, it‘s the matter of complementary money (so that you can live when your pension is too small and this means in your home address) you get from the government agency. It‘s a very complex them - I know.