Advice Needed on Aust Tourist Visa Refusal

Hi i need some advice .

My wifes friend (A) and her girlfriend ( B ) have applied for a Tourist Visa to visit Oz for 12 days in April.

The friend ( B ) has been refused a visa on the Clause 600.212: Not have adequate means to support / Have access to adaquate means of support during the period of stay .

She Showed her bank book which had 70.000 Bht in it .But it was put in her bank in a short period of time . They have mentioned this in the refusal letter. Also saying she did not provide info regarding the source of the funds, and they wernt satisified the the balance in the account are a true indication od her financial situation .

She works for a large foreign firm.

She has travelled overseas a few times before , last Dec went to the USA.

My Wife and myself sent an invitation letter .

I have attatched the Letter of refusal

Id like to know what to do to for her to reapply .

They stressed , my wife is stressed and im trying Not to be stressed

Any advice WELCOME

post-12474-0-51241000-1395542489_thumb.j

Edited by ronniem

10 years ago my girl friend was refused a tourist visa and was given a standard letter that said she was unsuitable, even though she had had 2 or 3 previous visas. When i questioned the staff at the Bangkok Embassy about this i was told , She goes to often, she must become resident, not tourist. I went to my local Member of Parliament to persue the matter and after she got no reply from the Bangkok Embassy she went to the Minister for Immigration about it. After about 3 weeks the minister received a copy of the letter that was given to my girlfriend in the beginning. I was asked by my local member if i was willing to return to Bangkok and go again with my girlfriend to apply again, i said sure i will. She told me if i received any problem i was to call her immediately. I had all the girlfriends Thai documents translated to English as required for the resident visa and when we went to the embassy i presented these and told them that we did not want a resident visa only a tourist visa. After waiting a few hours my name was called from the back of the room, i walked back and was greeted by an asian woman who introduced herself as a Federal Police Officer sent from Hong Kong to handle this matter. She asked me to tell her the full story, which i did and she apologised for our long wait and explained that she had been going over all the information she had and that my story was a replica of what she had been checking. She then said that she would not grant a tourist visa but would instead grant a 12 months visa which would be renewed whenever it was applied for as long as me and my girlfriends relationship stayed the same. I was asked why i sent emails to the Head of the Visa Section, a Mrs xxxxxxx. I replied that as the Head of that section she was responsible for what the staff did and i wanted her to be aware of this stupid situation. The Officer then informed me that Mrs xxxxxxx had been removed from her position along with her 2nd in command also. So obviously their investigation turned up something that was sinister going on there. So if you have everything true and correct carry the matter further and don't give up as dealing with Embassy staff is often not easy. My girlfriend who is now my wife has her visa renewed with no problems ever since, i just tell them to check the records as this visa has been guaranteed. Good Luck. .

• Like 1

Thanks for this account. I had the same experience around the same time. My wife was refused a tourist visa because she had been there twice already!! They insisted I apply for a partner visa. It was same same for me so I went with the flow and she went on to get PR subsequently.But I could never fathom the logic but now have a better understanding. Interesting, though wonder how any personal advantage could be achieved by staff involved..