Thailand, land of the broken leg....

seajae

Just got home from the hospital(needed a refill on my meds) and was really blown away by the amount of people on crutches with their legs in plaster(many with metal rods attached). Men, women, kids, they made up well over half of all the people waiting to see doctors. As motorbikes are the most common form of transport here you have to think that all these injuries were results of accidents on them as there is no other way of explaining so many, there were well in excess of 100 there this morning(Surat Thani), the local crutch maker would be making a fortunew00t.gif . Has anyone else noticed this or is it an anomolly...........

OP, wife is an ER nurse, she tells me that every day they admit about 10 to 15 from motorcycle accidents.

And this is a small community hospital.

Not surprized with what you saw in Surat Thani.

I thought Thais are the only nationality that can write SMS on the mobile phone will driving a motorbike

• Like 1

OP, wife is an ER nurse, she tells me that every day they admit about 10 to 15 from motorcycle accidents.

I thought Thais are the only nationality that can write SMS on the mobile phone will driving a motorbike

Last week i saw a girl sitting at the back of a motorcy, driving faster then 90 inbetween the cars in the traffic jam. The girl sat with her skirt/high heels 2 legs at one side, she was sms-ing and hold a big bag in the other hand. She didn't hold herself to the bike or driver at all! No helmet of course.

Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

Last week i saw a girl sitting at the back of a motorcy, driving faster then 90 inbetween the cars in the traffic jam. The girl sat with her skirt/high heels 2 legs at one side, she was sms-ing and hold a big bag in the other hand. She didn't hold herself to the bike or driver at all! No helmet of course.

Amazing Thailand.

Wonderful place, where there is no nanny state and we are free to break our legs as we please.

• Like 1

actually its probably a wonder that there arent more the way some of them ride their bikes but I guess we dont get to see the serious ones. You would think that people would take more care when they are on bikes especially seeing they have no protection against the cars if they are hit but they ride as though it doesnt matter, mind boggling

• Like 1