Vv Visa For The Uk Second Time Around

Last year the missus got a VV to the UK with no hassle.

She is self sufficient, had letters from my mother and father inviting her over. Letter from me. Everything was great.

She went to apply and was told to come back in a week to collect her visa. NO interview no problems.

Since then it has changed to this new VFS service.

If she applies again do they say yes there and then or does it have to go to the consulate to be said yes to.

Does everybody get interviewed now?

She is worried as am I that things may be more difficult this year even though last year was hassle free.

any input from anybody?

I'm not sure about the new VFS service place, but according to the embassy in Wireless, if she applies within 2 years of her last visa, it's relatively easy.

They're not THAT bad, really (even though I have slagged them off at times!!!)

Best of British!! :o

Hi,

the VFS service only check the paperwork and collect the fees. The visas are still decided , as before, at the discretion of the Embassy in wireless road.

The bit about applying within 2 years making any difference is new to me and i don't think is true . However, the fact that she came to the UK before and presumably complied with all her conditions, should mean that, as long as nothing material has changed the next one should be a doddle.

When you say the mssus do you mean the girlfriend? if so then she will still have to show a reason to return , but like i said, she did it before so should be no problem again. They will be aware your relationship is now quite long standing and might just have a few queries about making sure she isn't intending to settle with you . Reason to return will be your only problem.

Not everyone is interviewed, like before , the stronger your case the more chance of it being approved without any interview.

As 'atlastaname' says, VFS merely collate the paperwork and collect the fee. All visa decisions are made by the ECOs at the embassy, as before.

Unless there have been significant changes in her/your circumstances since last year, then she should be issued the visa without the need for an interview, but I'd recommend submitting the full details with the application as last time.

For details on how to apply, see Visa Services.