How to buy cheap bitcoins in Thailand (now its been declared legal)

BuffaloRescue

Hi

I want to buy bitcoins and litecoins with money in Thailand.

Prices are 10-20% higher on bitcoin.co.th and also with Thailand based traders on Local Bitcoins website.

Im wondering why this is. Is there a problem transferring money to overseas sellers? Something about capital controls in Thailand.

Where and how can I buy "international price" bitcoins using money from Thailand

Thanks

Edited by BuffaloRescue

The actual price on the ground varies tremendously from published exchange prices in all locations.

It only gets closer to the theoretical price where there is a lot of volume.

Not (yet) here.

• Like 1

local bitcoins never stopped ,whether it was legal or not, bitcoins were and are still widely traded in thailand

its just a subject most people are unaware of it if they are not personally interested in it

there is definately a market for buying and sellliug them among thais and russians although ive also

noticed its hard to get the international rate that gets published on international exchanges but to get that

youve got to make a few bank transfers (more than likely international ) so take that into consideration for the people

selling them had to get them somehow unless there professional miners and even thats costly nowadays

the worlds first bitcoin lamborghini was purchased by a thai ex-pat from a us dealership

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378936.0

Edited by speedtripler

it wont take long ...

It won't be long before 'tourists' (probably from a large continent to the west) start offering actual metal coins with the Bitcoin symbol and a fractional value on Bangkok street corners.

I have used BitStamp many times, never had a problem.

LocalBitcoins is an option, possibly pay a slightly higher price, but, you don't have international transfer fees.

iBit, Singapore is another exchange which could be used.

I have never transferred money out of Thailand, not sure how it works.

I would like to meet anyone interested in BTC in Ubon Ratchathani.

it justs shows you how stupid they are if they buy them then the tourists will be working with no work permit west from thailand is africa right so many tourists from africa come here

You're really on the ball thumbsup.gif

Maybe I'm missing something but:

Coinbase (base price) 479.43 with fees 484.37 to thb = 15674.21

bitcoin.co.th = 15,879

not as a big of a difference actually.

The problem is that the price has dropped almost 50% this year. It's too volatile except for small value transactions.

bitchart2014.jpg

• Like 1

So can i transfer money out of Thailand to a company like Bit Stamp. Is there a limit to how much i can send to them?

International transfers from Thailand can be tricky for foreigners; you need to check with your bank.

So can i transfer money out of Thailand to a company like Bit Stamp. Is there a limit to how much i can send to them?

safer getting a thai to do it if possible

give the money to your wife and have her send it to the exchange ,avoids a shitload of questions and having to get

permission from the manager at the bank and prove this money wasnt earned in thialand from illegal working etc

give the money to your wife and have her send it to the exchange ,avoids a shitload of questions and having to get

permission from the manager at the bank and prove this money wasnt earned in thialand from illegal working etc

The only problem with this suggestion is registering with an exchange, they require KYC/AML.

So, the person and their account would need to be used each time you request a funds transfer. You would certainly need to trust the person if you choose this course of action.

The account would not be in your name.

The only problem with this suggestion is registering with an exchange, they require KYC/AML.

So, the person and their account would need to be used each time you request a funds transfer. You would certainly need to trust the person if you choose this course of action.

most poeple would trust their wifes id assume but TIT lol

anyway ,as soon as the money lands at the exchange change it into bitcoins and send them to your wallet (not your wallet account the exchange controls but one at home )

DONT LEAVE MONEY IN THE EXCHANGES LONGER THAN NECESSARY

they have a history of gettting hacked/losing everybodys money/coins etc and theres little recourse for the victims when shit happens .........

What is KYC/AML? Sorry didnt understand this

Im not following this. Once you purchace the account you transfer it to your own wallet (from the exchanges wallet). Then you can sell them wherever or to whoever

most poeple would trust their wifes id assume but TIT lol

anyway ,as soon as the money lands at the exchange change it into bitcoins and send them to your wallet (not your wallet account the exchange controls but one at home )

DONT LEAVE MONEY IN THE EXCHANGES LONGER THAN NECESSARY

they have a history of gettting hacked/losing everybodys money/coins etc and theres little recourse for the victims when shit happens .........

And ppl still think bitcoins are a good idea lol!

Before anybody enters the crypto currency world they should first learn about "Money & Currency".

Hopefully, Bitcoin or similar will be the future of money and currency, it is probably one of the best hopes humanity has for the future.

Below is a link with very good videos which will help the learning process.

http://hiddensecretsofmoney.com/videos/episode-1

Before anybody enters the crypto currency world they should first learn about "Money & Currency".

Hopefully, Bitcoin or similar will be the future of money and currency, it is probably one of the best hopes humanity has for the future.

Below is a link with very good videos which will help the learning process.

http://hiddensecretsofmoney.com/videos/episode-1

All currencies where destined to failure when Nixon did away with the gold standard. Money is now just a blib on a screen with no inherent value.

Explain to me...like I was a small child...or a golden retriever...how Bitcoin fixes this problem...