Police prefer to contain red shirt rally

webfact

Police prefer to contain red shirt rally

BANGKOK: -- Police estimates there about 60,000 pro-government protesters will join the planned mass rally on Aksa Road this Saturday.

National Police Chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew said his deputy; Pol Gen Worapong Chewprecha, has been assigned to supervise the security of the mass rallies to make sure there is no confrontation between the two camps.

His estimate of the number of red shirts protesters is far lower than that claimed by red shirts leaders. They have said that between 200,000 and 500,000 reds plan to join Saturday's mass rally at Aksa Road in the Phuthamonthon area of Bangkok’s Thawi Wattana district.

Meanwhile the government's Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) said military, police and civil personnel will be on full alert on Saturday to prevent confrontations between the red shirts and the antigovernment protesters under leadership of Suthep Thaugsuban.

Suthep, secretary general of People's Democratic Reform Committee, will hold a meeting of PDRC leaders from across the country to map out the next move on national reform, at Lumpini Park on Saturday.

CAPO's spokesperson Sirima Sunawin said Worapong will meet with police and military personnel today to assess the situation and assign government forces to maintain public order.

She denounced an announcement by the Students and People's Network for Thailand's Reform (STR), which instigated protesters to take revenge on the UDD demonstration, saying the use of weapons or violence was unlawful. The STR made the threat after its guard was shot dead and supporters were injured in a shooting on Tuesday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-04

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She denounced an announcement by the Students and People's Network for Thailand's Reform (STR), which instigated protesters to take revenge on the UDD demonstration, saying the use of weapons or violence was unlawful. The STR made the threat after its guard was shot dead and supporters were injured in a shooting on Tuesday.

The STR announced that from now on, they will defend them self!

As any human have the right to defend himself when attacked and the Police did not catch ANY perpetrator of violent actions against anti-government protester until now!!!

correct the pdrc only got nasty after they were attacked at there protest sites and on here by the high iq red gang...

He knows he is in very hot water. Potentially death penalty or long jail term. The only hope is amnesty and for that he needs to win. If he loses his life is over. A lot of people hate him. He's past the point of no return.

• Like 1

Well, if they think, they will get 60000, it must be from Isaan, because in Chiang Mai, yesterday, for their big rally, there were only about 15 people, at the Three Kings Monument, downtown rolleyes.gif

Chiang Mai used to be a Red Stronghold

So did Korat, but no longer.

When they held their meeting to celebrate the murder of children, there were not that many and they were lucky not to get their butts handed to them by the locals who were pissed at their presence.

The reds are diminishing fast, all that crap from the UDD is in fact just that..... crap.

I hear you. The smart ones are staying away from them, but that still leaves quite a few brainwashed idiots, who can be manipulated to do almost anything. Their true colors will show soon. Hopefully then the military will take action and restore some sanity

• Like 1

Well, if they think, they will get 60000, it must be from Isaan, because in Chiang Mai, yesterday, for their big rally, there were only about 15 people, at the Three Kings Monument, downtown rolleyes.gif

last night nimman area of Chiang Mai trucks were blaring past the shops and all I,heard from people, vendors and many comments was "ting tong and e BA"

I guess its over red rover so what next? A few misplaced bombs? Burnings? Muggings?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I think its getting even harder to get the paid protester to do anything anymore. Its not worth the money with the PTP planning an offensive. Nobody wants to lose their lives for a pittance no matter how poor they are. The PTP really messed up when they couldnt pay the rest of the farmers and when they started to openly talk about secession.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Let's all hope you're right. The country is on the slippery slide to oblivion at tis juncture in time.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I hear you. The smart ones are staying away from them, but that still leaves quite a few brainwashed idiots, who can be manipulated to do almost anything. Their true colors will show soon. Hopefully then the military will take action and restore some sanity

God your thirst for blood is disgusting.

The PDRC/Yellows have diminished to a few peasant farmers in a park and the reds seem to be equally unpopular. There is total apathy towards politics just now in Thailand.

Unbelievable people like yourself are still gunning for a military coup, and the violence needed to proceed it facepalm.gif

• Like 1

The PDRC/Yellows have diminished to a few peasant farmers in a park and the reds seem to be equally unpopular. There is total apathy towards politics just now in Thailand.

Unbelievable people like yourself are still gunning for a military coup, and the violence needed to proceed it facepalm.gif

The sad reality of some of the nutters and Thaksin haters on the TVF.

• Like 1

Its the red leaders that need to be put in their place, the followers are just that, they do what these so called leaders tell them too and that includes killing innocent people. There is nothing wrong with protesting, its when you introduce violence, weapons/grenades etc that the problems start. The red leaders calling for war and calling for their followers to train in combat is simply too much and in any other country they would be locked up, weapons in the hands of hot heads is far too dangerous to consider, the weapons found at recent red gatherings and the firing of M79's at the NACC etc have shown that the reds have gone too far again but the police refuse to do anything about it because they are involved with the reds. Why are these red leaders still walking around when they are supposed to be on bail and not organizing anything, simple answer, they are doing as instructed by the ptp/thaksin and the police. I really do hope the army are ready for any crap they start during this "peaceful" demonstration, if they stick with their past history it could be quite explosive.

• Like 1

This country needs help from the outside world. Thais alone can not solve it.

• Like 1

So did Korat, but no longer.

When they held their meeting to celebrate the murder of children, there were not that many and they were lucky not to get their butts handed to them by the locals who were pissed at their presence.

The reds are diminishing fast, all that crap from the UDD is in fact just that..... crap.

Unfortunately it would seem like violent crap and prepared to bring down the house if they don't get their type of 'democracy'.

He knows he is in very hot water. Potentially death penalty or long jail term. The only hope is amnesty and for that he needs to win. If he loses his life is over. A lot of people hate him. He's past the point of no return.

Since when do you face these charges, I feel sorry for you MacWalen.

If there is anything we can do to defend you, please inform me by private message and I'll pass it on to the Democracy leader Shutep, myself, do not worry too much, and please stay off the ear drops, even if Chalerm is offering them for free.

Help for the nation will come sooncheesy.gif

"Thirst for Blood" <deleted> are you talking about??? The last coup was peaceful and did not loose a single life, in case you forgot???

I am not the one "bloodthirsty", the Reds are and unless the military steps in, this can get very ugly. As for the "a few peasant farmers", I can see that you are not very informed about the current sitution.

• Like 1

I wonder what the red excuse will be if it's a poor turn out?

It was the elites fault, and the coup, and... and... did I mention elites and coup already?

Or I suppose they could fall back on the 'death threat'

The old ones are always the best. smile.png

The sad reality of some of the nutters and Thaksin haters on the TVF.

Says the number one Abhisit, Suthep hater?coffee1.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who?

I think he means Suthep? However Suthep didn't run as Thaksin had hoped, and unlike Thaksin he will defend himself in court!

Sure.

In 20 years time once he has 'reformed' the court and judicial system to what he says is best. :rolleyes: