bangkok for people who hate cities

bina

No wats, markets or malls ... what I am hearing is you really want to drink all day! tongue.png

Lumphini Park maybe, take a long 'ol chao praya express trip from one end all the way up to Nonthaburi. I am a fan of taking a GIANT walk in any direction and then stopping at various food stalls along the way

You got the Golden Mount thing, not a temple as such, walk up and up and nice view from the top

Koh Kret always seems completely devoid of people, better to go at weekend but the dreaded 'market' is out then! It's really dead during the week, I found. Can get a minibus from Victory Monument, if I recall

the reason i dont want markets is 1/ we have real open markets here in the old mid eastern tradition and not the cleaned up american versions, and although the merchandise is different, the idea is the same..... so i like some of the food/fruit/flower markets but dont need the clothing junk markets.

i have no money for shopping, nor do i need anything (im an unusual woman i guess in that respect)... i dont drink either, and am past the party age...

i love animals/agriculture/people watching/textiles/herbs and plants and other interesting things.

spent much time last time in the jewelry market (beads/gems etc... bought stuff for duaghter who does jewelry). but i get a migraine from large malls etc., prefer open air stuff.

so i ahve plenty ideas for now; a lot will depend on hubby/finances/time/weather

next on the list is korat area. hubby hates travelling but feels that i must travel so i try to find things that are/will also be of interest to me and him.