Buddha Issara to sue Khaosod for Bt100 mil

webfact

I have 2 thoughts:

1. Should Thailand have more or less freedom of expression?

I think the current laws in Thailand are very restrictive, you could basically sue anyone that says something negative about you, even if you're a politician and /or have a public function.

2. Should a monk be involved with organizing rebellion?

Given the amount of people that has died, weapons used, buildings taken and occupied, we can hardly call it a peaceful protest.

1. No you can’t "basically sue anyone for saying something bad about you” if it’s true, only when slander and defamation are involved.

2. No the "organizing rebellion was another group threatening civil war and forming a new country to the north with capital in Chiang Mai. But of course you already knew that.giggle.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May I make a suggestion that the moderators give Torkmada ,tezzainoz & rabas, their own forum and call it playschool.

wow now they want to use the rules of Thaksin

No free speech allowed

if you can not beat some one because they tell the truth get rid of them

This mans credibility and adherence to the precepts required by the Thai version of Buddhism is under review. I would respectfully suggest that we allow his superiors and peers to judge as to his suitability to wear the robe.

Is the monk who jetsets around the world in a private jet, with billions stashed away overseas his superior?

spend some mre time reading facts

instead of posting BS on TVF

Did you miss the "?" at the end? It was a question not a statement. Try reading before attacking people on TVF.

Yes I noticed the question and my answer was

spend some more time reading facts

So whats your point

Question answered, or you not like the answer, then best not ask the question

This monk has an affinity for cash.

I wonder what Buddha would think of him?

what would a monk do with all that money? I don't believe he is a monk in the srtictest sense. in the past fifteen years I have seen many phonies!

Maybe its time you stopped looking in mirrors

what would a monk do with all that money? I don't believe he is a monk in the srtictest sense. in the past fifteen years I have seen many phonies!

Maybe its time you stopped looking in mirrors

Maybe it's time you stop defending crooks.

Yes you are right. And we all know what the "real monks" think about him.

And who are "real monks" for you?

For me, the best example of the Buddhist teachings is given by the Forest Monks. I go quite often to the forest monasteries, and I can tell you that they are supporting Phra Issara, as they supported the revered Ajahn Maha Boowa in his anti-Thaksin quest.

A gentle reminder: it was Ajahn Maha Boowa who did open the eyes of many Thai people to see the evilness of Thaksin Shinawatra.

ps: for those that are still asking again and again about what is he doing with the money, please read posts #33 and #34 at this thread.

.... and please also read the article from 'nsnbc international' Published On: Tue, Apr 1st, 2014

" Buddha Issara has also done something novel, innovative, and rare – added pragmatism to the sea of placards found among his followers.

Money raised by the various fundraising activities has gone into the purchase of a modest rice mill. The mill processes about 1 ton of rice per day, brought in by desperate farmers unable to receive compensation from the regime. The milled rice is then sealed in bags and sold to Bangkok’s city goers. The proceeds are given back to the farmers. Buddha Issara has also asked farmers to bring other forms of produce – fruits and vegetables – to the protest site to likewise be sold. It is the first steps toward a farm-to-city market, short-circuiting the corrupt middlemen and rancid warehouses that constitute the failed rice scheme the regime has created.

Buddha Issara’s “protest market” is putting cash from consumers directly into the hands of farmers. With the success of his market, Buddha Issara is planning on purchasing additional mills and expanding his operation. Other protest sites, including the mass encampment at Bangkok’s central Lumpini Park may serve their cause well by also adopting this model.

Additionally, apolitical social enterprises like the Bangkok Farmers’ Market (Facebook page here) could also augment its progressive pro-farmer/consumer paradigm by integrating milling and distribution into both a business model and as part of their educational activities – showing and perhaps even teaching city-goers the process of milling and packing as well as expanding the network of “middleman-less” distribution." Tony Cartalucci, AltThaiNews Network

This mans credibility and adherence to the precepts required by the Thai version of Buddhism is under review. I would respectfully suggest that we allow his superiors and peers to judge as to his suitability to wear the robe.

Is the monk who jetsets around the world in a private jet, with billions stashed away overseas his superior?

chooka - nice home goal mate, 55

and the name of the Monk who filed the complaint about the monk in the private jet was who?

want to know (bet you do not)

look at the OP and you will see it, lol

You're defaming a monk who is involved in democratic protests against an undemocratic government which not only tried to push through a blanket amnesty bill for big brother, but even managed to sneak in their own amnesty for anything done 'wrong' in the first two years.

The monk showed up with participants for a forum, participants for which rooms were reserved. The hotel denied access and didn't want to make good on the reservation. Anyone treated such would complain, even lots of tourists do such.

Your allegations on demanding money, extorting money , etc. are just that, allegations just out of the 'how to counter all who are against' book of distortion.

Oh, you're good, rubl, first suthep, now the "poor" misunderstood monk - is there anybody you won't defend (apart from anybody Thaksin oriented)?

"The monk showed up with participants for a forum, participants for which rooms were reserved. The hotel denied access and didn't want to make good on the reservation. Anyone treated such would complain, even lots of tourists do such".

Oh really, did he?

The protesters were led by Luang Poo Buddha-issara from Shinawatra Tower 3 on Vibhavadi Rangsit road to SC Park hotel. The abbot earlier led protesters to rally at the tower and hinted he would move to another location as part of the pressure on the caretaker prime minister.

One of the abbot’s guards said they have booked about 10 rooms at the hotel on the Internet for farmers to stay overnight and held a seminar. By 1 p.m., the hotel still did not allow protesters, numbering over 200 to enter. They arrived in about 10 trucks and vans.

Must have been bloody big beds, even spooning, 20 to a bed.................

You do have some problems reading and understanding I guess.

Nowhere does it say that 200 people were to be put in 10 rooms, only that 10 rooms were booked for farmers to stay overnight.

BTW between the two sentences in the last paragraph you quote the original had

"The abbot also showed booking documents they printed on the Internet to show to the guards but were still not allowed to enter.

The abbot said after the check-in he would also book seminar room to hold seminar for farmers who were expected to arrive and join today."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705771-luang-poo-buddha-issara-rejected-check-in-at-sc-park-hotel/

Follow-up in

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705937-sc-park-hotel-pays-rallying-monk-buddha-issara-bt120000-in-compensation/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706733-voice-tv-agrees-to-apologise-to-buddha-issara-and-farmers/

Once again the english language passes you by. You stated that issara only turned up with participants for a forum in response to a post that said he turned up mob handed

Torqmada: After spouting off about the evilness of the Shinawatras, he showed up at a Shin hotel with a mob far in excess of the rooms he booked

rubl: The monk showed up with participants for a forum, participants for which rooms were reserved.

The monk did not turn up with the participants of a supposed forum, a forum where he hadn't even booked a seminar room for at that point, he turned up mob handed with in excess of 200 protesters.

I'll give you a hint, don't ever take up PR as a career choice.

Do you have details on that 'slight' disproportion, or just a few assumptions?

Note that compensation by a hotel anywhere seems directly related to the (negative) publicity around a case wink.png

Suite at the SC Park is 3-5k, rooms 2-3k. Full rate of 10 rooms does not even come close to 120k

If that's not good enough for you:

The monk yesterday led a group of protesters to SC Park Hotel on Praditmanutham Road, having paid a Bt4,200 deposit. The hotel is owned by SC Asset Corp.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/SC-Park-Hotel-pays-rallying-monk-30227374.html

As for publicity....the hotel paid a huge compensation and still got the publicity. I don't think that's quite the issue here. Having 200 demonstrators in their lobby might have been more relevant.

Not according to rubl it's not, it was just a friendly forum - the Hotel management beg to differ with him though

"The hotel manager informed the monk that the hotel had to cease operations for the day because guests were frightened.

The monk and his group left after agreeing to receive the compensation payout."

It might have seemed a bit more credible if the monk and his goons didn't have that self satisfied smug grin on their faces when counting out their protection money compensation payout

xmik9Sw2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.bi0lqZ0XDZ.web

A lot has been typed, but I have still not seen any offense that would imply to disrobe, according to the Vinaya Pitaka.

It is true that receiving or possessing money is an offense at the Vinaya, but that it is not currently considered a cause to disrobe. Otherwise, at least 90% of the Thai monks (and all around the world) should have to disrobe immediately, starting with the mega-rich Dhammakaya Cult.

We have to look at the intention with the use of the money. And in the case of Luang Pu Issara it is used for good. Not only to help the farmers to develop their independent sustainable business (see topics #33 & #34 at this thread) but to may other aims, like helping the people with his knowledge of Traditional Medicine and Thai Herbs (Wat Onoi is half a monastery, half a health center)

It has to be said that by elaborating medicines for others he is also breaking another of the 227 Vinaya rules for the monks (bhikkhus can only elaborate medicines and unguents for themselves, not for lay people) but, again, he is doing it with the good intention of helping others. At Wat Onoi, amongst many other things, he is constructing a care facility to help patients with Cancer.

A personal note: several years ago I had a serious problem at my neck, and the doctors at Bangkok Hospital told me that the only solution was to enter at the surgery room. An operation that would have been expensive and dangerous. After 6 months of treatment with the help of Luang Pu Buddha Isara, my neck was completely recovered and I never had to eat pain-killers anymore. And everything for free! (donation optional, of course).

wai.gif

1489128_10152271875403446_834689715_n.jp

1238933_10152276436133446_2091167993_n.j

Edited by MGP
  • Like 1

IMHO the issue is not whether they are involved or not involved in Politics, no matter the color, but the intentions of their acts.

Edited by MGP

A lot has been typed, but I have still not seen any offense that would imply to disrobe, according to the Vinaya Pitaka.

It is true that receiving or possessing money is an offense at the Vinaya, but that it is not currently considered a cause to disrobe. Otherwise, at least 90% of the Thai monks (and all around the world) should have to disrobe immediately, starting with the mega-rich Dhammakaya Cult.

We have to look at the intention with the use of the money. And in the case of Luang Pu Issara it is used for good. Not only to help the farmers to develop their independent sustainable business (see topics #33 & #34 at this thread) but to may other aims, like helping the people with his knowledge of Traditional Medicine and Thai Herbs (Wat Onoi is half a monastery, half a health center)

It has to be said that by elaborating medicines for others he is also breaking another of the 227 Vinaya rules for the monks (bhikkhus can only elaborate medicines and unguents for themselves, not for lay people) but, again, he is doing it with the good intention of helping others. At Wat Onoi, amongst many other things, he is constructing a care facility to help patients with Cancer.

A personal note: several years ago I had a serious problem at my neck, and the doctors at Bangkok Hospital told me that the only solution was to enter at the surgery room. An operation that would have been expensive and dangerous. After 6 months of treatment with the help of Luang Pu Buddha Isara, my neck was completely recovered and I never had to eat pain-killers anymore. And everything for free! (donation optional, of course).

wai.gif

so personal bias... understandable but bias it is

Speaking of monks being involved in politics : At the red rallies.

attachicon.giffake monks.jpg

attachicon.gifmonks fake.jpg

Someone might like to give an opinion of the legitimacy of the above.

I will !!!

I utterly condemn monks on EITHER side being involved with politics, in fact, many more monks are supporting the 'red cause' than the yellow but wrong is wrong

wai.gif

Personal indeed, like absolutely everything that we say, do, or think during our lives. What is your personal experience that has shaped you towards your current bias?

Edited by MGP

chooka - nice home goal mate, 55

and the name of the Monk who filed the complaint about the monk in the private jet was who?

want to know (bet you do not)

look at the OP and you will see it, lol

When I was growing up my elders always told me if you don't know something then ask. This also applies in my working career, as I tell my people if you don't know something don't feel ashamed to ask.

It appears on TVF if you ask a question you will be ridiculed, shamed and made a mockery of. I admit I don't know all on everything contrary to many on here and I have been put in my place by the wise and all knowing. My question was never answered and thank god people on here are not teachers as they would scream and yell at their students if they asked a question in the quest of knowledge.

• Like 1

wai.gif

Personal indeed, like absolutely everything that we say, do, or think during our lives. What is your personal experience that has shaped you towards your current bias?

Don't ask questions, I did that because I didn't know the answer and was attacked with serious venom. Questions are not permitted by some on TVF

• Like 1

Hi Chooka,

The jetset monk was called Nen Kham Chatikko (lay name: Wirapol Sukphol).

The DSI was slow enough to give him sufficient time to run from France to the US and buy a property there. I'm not even sure that they finally cancelled his passport, because he was recently spotted in Laos

You can find more information on the story here: http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17587 or google 'Nen Kham"

Edited by MGP
  • Like 1

IMHO the issue is not whether they are involved or not involved in Politics, no matter the color, but the intentions of their acts.

What is politics anyway.

When a monks talks about the Dhamma as Buddha taught it and points out to people that they are not meeting the basic ethical standards from the teaching that is a matter of Buddhism. If others choice to consider that political because they do not feel constrained by the teaching that is their problem.

When people harass people going to that Wat and burn down monks huts out of anger what is that - because that is what happened before the protest site opened.

• Like 1

Hi Chooka,

The jetset monk was called Nen Kham Chatikko (lay name: Wirapol Sukphol).

The DSI was slow enough to give him sufficient time to run from France to the US and buy a property there. I'm not even sure that they finally cancelled his passport, because he was recently spotted in Laos

You can find more information on the story here: http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17587 or google 'Nen Kham"

Thank you for your civil response, much appreciated.

Some on here are so nasty and would hate to be at social function with them. I would say, hi how are you? and they would reply google it. Conversation is lost.

• Like 1

What is politics anyway.

When a monks talks about the Dhamma as Buddha taught it and points out to people that they are not meeting the basic ethical standards from the teaching that is a matter of Buddhism. If others choice to consider that political because they do not feel constrained by the teaching that is their problem.

When people harass people going to that Wat and burn down monks huts out of anger what is that - because that is what happened before the protest site opened.

You are right. Everything that is relating to citizens is politics, and Buddhism is related to everything concerning citizens.

Very true that the Red Shirts did harass the followers of Wat Onoi and burned the monk’s huts.

Now it is peaceful again, but for many days they were running with motorbikes inside the temple, carrying guns, to scare the people and the monks

O02.jpg

Onoi_RedShirt01.jpg

fire_onoi.jpg

Edited by MGP

@ chooko

That being the case I hope that you will accept my unreserved pubic apology

Thanks for reminding me that I need to retake my precepts

metta

No need for apologies my friend as you have not done anything to offend me.

Edited by chooka

I don't see anything wrong with monks being involved in politics at all since they are showing concern when it comes to the rights of other human beings, the problem comes when we start including money and corruption into the deal.

• Like 1