Songkhran escape - Hua Hin/Cha-am

Dusit99

Hi,

I am looking to escape bkk for Songkhran with my gf. I would like to go no further than Hua Hin and I am looking find a place near the beach within the prize range of 1,500 Baht. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, I wanna leave Saturday returning Monday - will it be an issue to get a taxi? And will traffic be an issue?

Thanks in Advance,

Andreas

There is a limousine service available, likely no more - possibly less - than a taxi, pick-up and drop-back. Don't know whether I should give you contact details here or not?

The online booking sites offer plenty of hotel choice, though you're leaving it late.

Traffic will probably be an issue - certainly on the way back. And Hua Hin does have Songkran - granted it's the one day and over at dusk.

Cha am and Hua Hin are always a top destination for Thais on holidays and Songhran is booked months in advance. Petchkasem Road will be bumper to bumper almost from Petchaburi to Hua Hin and could take 5-6 hours for a normal one hour drive. Leave very very early and maybe look a little further towards Pak Nam Pram or afield.

Hi,

I am looking to escape bkk for Songkhran with my gf. I would like to go no further than Hua Hin and I am looking find a place near the beach within the prize range of 1,500 Baht. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, I wanna leave Saturday returning Monday - will it be an issue to get a taxi? And will traffic be an issue?

Thanks in Advance,

Andreas

Booking or Agoda.com

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Here are a few in that price range

Season palace Hotel

Thipurai Hotel

A & B Hotel

Chomsin Hotel

A taxi back may be a bit hard to get and there will most likely be a lot of traffic

Hi,

I don't wish to be rude, but Chomsin and Thipurai are a bit grimey. Most of the decent rooms are gone by now, but you may be able to find some last minute rooms at the Citin.

The Blueberry across from Market Village usually has a few rooms and Just Beds next door has a couple rooms in peak season.

Be warned that the traffic is starting now and you can expect to take 30-60 minutes alone to get through the Cha AM- Hua Hin bottleneck.