Garbage Truck Collides With Motorcycle Killing The Rider Instantly

Rimmer

Garbage Truck Collides With Motorcycle Killing The Rider Instantly

pdn418.jpg

PATTAYA – April 12, 2014 [PDN]; at 6.50 a.m.; Pol.Lt. Saksit Khaikaew (Investigation police of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) together with the rescuers of Sawang Boriboon Tharmma Satharn Foundation, Pattay city, rushed to inspect an accident where a garbage truck had collided with a motorbike killing the rider instantly at the beginning of Soi South Pattaya 4, South Pattaya road, Moo 10 Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province.

Upon inspecting at scene the officers found the corpse of an unknown Thai male aged approximately 25-35 who had died from a massive head trauma. Also about 150 metres away was a garbage truck of Pattaya city, brand Fuso, license number 79-7468, Bangkok with number “30” attached on the side. The police inspected the truck and found evidence of a collision to the left hand side of the truck but didn’t find any documents that could identify the driver.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/04/13/garbage-truck-collides-with-motorcycle-killing-the-rider-instantly/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-04-13

Is that the Thai fella stuck there in the grille? Glad they established it was a Fuso brand truck, we wouldn't want to blame an innocent Volvo or Hino truck now would we.

"Is that the Thai fella..."

Good to see the 1st response is from one of the usual suspects finding humour in a Thai's particularly unpleasant death and then finishing with some unnecessary sarcasm. Well done.

Edited by MMarlow
  • Like 2

Is that the Thai fella stuck there in the grille? Glad they established it was a Fuso brand truck, we wouldn't want to blame an innocent Volvo or Hino truck now would we.

Good to see the 1st response is from one of the usual suspects finding humour in a Thai's particularly unpleasant death and then finishing with some unnecessary sarcasm. Well done.

"[P]articularly unpleasant[,]"..it's reported he died instantly. We should all be so lucky when our time comes!

When one is given lemons...make lemonade.

Couldn't find the driver - as expected the driver did a runner, in reference to a Phuket's topic about Russians leaving the scene of a fatal accident, I can't see how Thais can call they heartless is running is such a common thing in Thailand, them Thais come as hypocrites.

Also amazing police work - a male between 25 and 35 y.o. - a baby can guess better than that. On top of it I like how they instantly blame the foreigner, they just like doing that, don't they?

A bike was riding in front of a garbage truck and was about to make a turn when was run over? I can only guess of what really happen but I see imbeciles multiple times per day making turns into the sois from a 2nd and sometimes 3rd line, always pisses me off. From the picture showing a guy laying between the 1st and a 2nd line, it's possible that exactly this happened - guy slowed down in front of a truck to make a turn and got run over...

RIP.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I feel the same way about these stories, yet I qualify those feelings with the overwhelming sense of futility in reacting to any knee-jerk, civil emotions when being subjected to yet another highly probable lunatic event.

Incidentally, there are many forms of humor; not simply one.

Respectwai2.gif

The garbage truck driver pulled a runner and no one knows who he is?

coffee1.gif

Only the driver? Usually I see several people working these trucks. More than one runner, I suspect. No witnesses? They are doing a route, emptying cans and such... and this happens.

Funny... no witnesses.

No mention of the guys on the back, who empty the cans...

... oh yeah! I forgot... Thais like cruising around in their garbage trucks at 6 in the morning.

Lunatics all!