Gun Shots at Wat Papao ?

Gonzo the Face

I didn't see any mention of it on cm108 or cmprice. But 108 had lots of comments complaining about burmese, shan, and hilltribe guys playing "impolitely" in front of wat papao, feeling up girls etc.

re

that would be the most likely place for something like that to happen. every year at Songkran there are gang fights that break out there. the guys get drunk as skunks

since that burmese building worker fell off a building and died about a year ago a lot of the younger ones seem to have started going to wat sai moon on the opposite side of the moat instead of wat pa pao !

so maybe theyve had a split of the gangs ?

but that doesnt answer gonzos question :(

dave2

post-42592-0-70604700-1397528012_thumb.j

post-42592-0-66498500-1397528050_thumb.j

I didn't see any mention of it on cm108 or cmprice. But 108 had lots of comments complaining about burmese, shan, and hilltribe guys playing "impolitely" in front of wat papao, feeling up girls etc.

Right, but 108 has a bit of a habit of outrage at everyone and everything that doesn't 100% match their imagined idea of mainstream middle class Thai society. ;)

• Like 2

don't know but that would be the most likely place for something like that to happen. every year at Songkran there are gang fights that break out there. the guys get drunk as skunks.

Oscar did you mean to write/say/imply........ monks drunks as skunks.....If so thats very Rasputin of you...wink.png

ps we will give you the benefit of the season.... maybe you just thunk it.....

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Right, but 108 has a bit of a habit of outrage at everyone and everything that doesn't 100% match their imagined idea of mainstream middle class Thai society. ;)

Indeed, though I don't know if those intolerant remarks should be attributed to 108 per se or to a slice of its membership.

Right, but 108 has a bit of a habit of outrage at everyone and everything that doesn't 100% match their imagined idea of mainstream middle class Thai society. wink.png

Indeed, though I don't know if those intolerant remarks should be attributed to 108 per se or to a slice of its membership.

I heard what was definitely gunfire before 11 last night near Chiang Mai News on Rat Chieng Saen.. about 6 shots followed by a few more further away and sound of small bikes.

I was pretty well concerned and decided against going out. Most likely teen gangs

Not the first time I've heard shooting in that area by motorbike teen gangs.

Also heard cop car sirens after 3AM chasing after someone

Hope this place doesn't end up like Chonburi..