Songkran at Huay Tung Tao

kjhbigv

Thought I would have a break from town yesterday, headed over to "the lake"....a refreshing change from the p**ssed up revellers in town! Which I can only manage for one day nowadays.

Absolutely packed with Thai families chilling out and having some food.

Took a while to get in but a nice alternative to town.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-65233-1397534921732_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You call that a crowd!

If you can't handle a sedentary splish splash from the under 12s then I should stop at home , fill the sink and wash your face....providing that's not over your water tolerance level.

Some people for one reason or another have a fear of crowds. There was one guy who among other reasons about not liking condo's was that you might meet some one in the hall. The picture looked like a nice place to be if you are going to go out and celebrate songkran. I am not going to go out in the day this year. The little bit I got last night will suffice.

Well, I think it's a crowd as far as this place is concerned. Thanks for the picture.

I've been to this place a few times. One time my wife and I took seven foreign friends there. We ate and drank some beers. Thai dishes are always too small for a crowd and we ended up having more than a dozen dishes.

The 'lake' is incomparable to some lakes in the West but still good for relaxing and doing some bs with some friends. We all enjoyed it for some friends are more than a few decades old since we mingled together during our teen years!

The last time went with the daughter we found a place that serve big dishes at the same price. Now I know where to go when I take a big crowd there.