Ladyboys arrested for Songkran breast exposes

webfact

Titilating stuff!

The world's a different place to what it was 50 years ago.... someone should tell Thailand! Oh... that's right, they have TV here now.... and they haven't worked it out for themselves?? Sad.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Two 'ladyboys' have been .... forced to apologise to local spirits for exposing their breasts."

Freedom is the ultimate promise of Buddhist practice - of the moral training as well as the other two great trainings, in mediation and wisdom. Freedom means letting go of the obsessions, compulsions and inhibitions of our psychological conditioning. '"Sexual misconduct," in the spirit of the five Precepts taken as a whole, means any sexual conduct involving violence, manipulation or deceit - conduct that therefore leads to suffering and trouble. By contrast good sexual conduct is based on loving kindness, generosity, honesty, and mental and emotional clarity - conduct that has good results.

So within the context of Buddhism (and maybe not "local spirits") and Songkran, the ladyboys' behavior would not seem to be offensive.

Since when is it illegal for a man to go around without a shirt?

As for the Willie flasher, why in heavens would they blank out his face if the cops are looking for him?

Amazing...

[it seems they know the prick !/quote]

It is a family event with lots of kids participating in the water festival so I applaud the police for fining the "strippers/flashers" - even if the Baht 500 fine is quite low.

Near double what most Thais make in a day.

Utter nonsense.

Your lady's family perhaps.

cheesy.gif Somehow I knew posting an image from a topless Siamese woman from 1900 from wikipedia would get deleted. Good the the boobs from the banner of the Ministry of Culture are ok. I reckon they're passed the Thai PC-filter.

• Like 2

This anti-breast fixation is a western concocted aberration. Show your boobies in some parts of the US and you'll be a registered sex offender. Hallelujah!

Oh Land of the Free.

Though given the size of the average American, it's probably for the best.

chotthee, on 15 Apr 2014 - 16:44, said:

Men are allowed to show their breast.

What is wrong with that law?

It's interesting, what you say is correct, I believe Thai law does not recognise them as female, so technically, they are men, therefore no laws have been broken.

• Like 1

Hang on, the Thai legal system cant have it both ways.

If ladyboys cant officially change their gender then these 'offenders' were officially male.

Male Thais can bare their chests in public without breaking the law.

So no law was broken.

Any halfway decent lawyer should be able to argue them out of such a ridiculous charge.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The police made these Ladyboys feel like a real women. Since it's illegal for women to bare their breast then the Ladyboys should also be fined for doing it as well.

After all, hey want to be ladies...

Maybe the Tourism Authority of Thailand should market Thailand to nudists...but of course only the high quality nudists.

I would actually 'like' Songkran if people were allowed to go nude or very little clothing. My gripe with Songkran is the throwing water fully clothed. That's just stupid.

It is a family event with lots of kids participating in the water festival so I applaud the police for fining the "strippers/flashers" - even if the Baht 500 fine is quite low.

5555,kids haven't seen a boob before!!!I bet the public didn't complain,only after it was shown to the world,the police stepped in to regain Thailand's respectability.

The women who do this are fined 500 Baht.

Good to see that the 'guys' are being punished the same - except that they are guys...??

What happens to the old foreign man who goes topless and shows his boobs..??

As for nudity - 40+ years ago, waiting for my ride to Bangkok from Don Muang Airport, across the highway was a Thai fellow washing his car. He was using a bucket to get water from the klong and an old rag to scrub of any dirt. However, to dry it, he took off his PahKaoMah and used it to dry the car. It was early in the morning, but I was startled and saw that no one - passing traffic, school kids, etc. all seemed not to notice that he was completely naked.

actually before 1939-1942 Cultural Mandates of field marshall Plaek Phibunsongkhram most of women in Thailand didn't cover their breasts.. and spirits seemed OK with that...

this is fine example how state propaganda in just 70 years distorted the nation's memory..

Thai_culture_poster.PNG

Different spirits at different times... whistling.gif

Quote >...and forced to apologise to local spirits ...<

Mm-hm, where was it again ... Pricksville / Hillbillycounty?

"! Stay away from the place we burned the witch last year you hear - and make sure no festivities after dusk as the vampires are thirsty too...!"

Funk me, already my grandmom used to laugh out about that sort of bullschlassach and she checked out some 50yrs ago!!

What is BULLSCHLASSACH? Is that yiddish? I tried to find it on GOOGLE but nothing

I can see the reasoning though, SONGKRAN is essentially a festival for the spirits, so they are obviously the offended ones and should be appeased. I like and appreciate that Thai spiritualism, one of the things that make the place what it is, in a positive sense