Democrat leader Abhisit looks forward to political vacuum

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

you would think the oxford educated politician would know better, one of the biggest disappointments in politics of this generation , murder charges hanging over his head, pretending to be democratic but using every dirty trick in the book to get back into power. worst opposition leader ever.

he is always talking about PTP leaders resigning. i think its about time this useless, anti democratic opposition leader resigned.

your opinion only

My opinion and that of many others is this oxford educated politician has done more for democracy that PTP even dream about

so as there are two sides to a story

what do you say Thailand should do, that is not baised to any side

Yes, he and Suthep have exposed all the evils that seek to destroy democracy in favor of another dictatorship. The message to Thais is that they need to fight and, if necessary,make personal sacrafices to assure the security of Thailand's democratic framework.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would think the oxford educated politician would know better, one of the biggest disappointments in politics of this generation , murder charges hanging over his head, pretending to be democratic but using every dirty trick in the book to get back into power. worst opposition leader ever.

he is always talking about PTP leaders resigning. i think its about time this useless, anti democratic opposition leader resigned.

your opinion only

My opinion and that of many others is this oxford educated politician has done more for democracy that PTP even dream about

the only vacuum is in his ethics and political thinking

he is respected by none for his non-democratic stance and his over protection of the elite he seeks to serve

Thailand needs a third way based on:

• reform of the judiciary followed by other reforms (Police, Army etc) and all the corruption
  • non-attachment to the old feudal system (inc. les majeste reform) bye bye 'krenge jai'
  • protected elections
Neither the PTP nor the PDRC/Dems can deliver this

"he is respected by none"

As always your statements are incorrect. He is respected by me, hence he is respected by some (not none).

• Like 2

I agree with you, he was a much better Prime Minister than opposition leader. The murder charges are just political posturing. People have died during the current protests so by the same logic Yingluck could be charged with murder. PTP leaders don't need to resign, they get kicked out sooner or later. Doesn't matter where they are educated Thai leaders are all the same. Thaksin was educated in the USA after all. Thai politicians are in it to make money. Same as police or soldiers in Thailand. None of them are looking to serve the public.

Now why could she be charged? She did not order the police or the army to open fire like abhisit and your ever loving supreme leader suthep has done.

Do you have any proof she did not? Or do you have any proof Abhisit did? Or is it just your opinion (as usual)?

I agree with you, he was a much better Prime Minister than opposition leader. The murder charges are just political posturing. People have died during the current protests so by the same logic Yingluck could be charged with murder. The murder charges are just political posturing. Doesn't matter where they are educated Thai leaders are all the same. Thaksin was educated in the USA after all. Thai politicians are in it to make money. Same as police or soldiers in Thailand. None of them are looking to serve the public.

"The murder charges are just political posturing",

As was all the selfr-serving Thaksin demonization stuff, beginning with the coup-maker kangaroo courts.

Certainly the electorate understood that.

However, the above quote does bring into focus, the need to "de-politicize the courts' before considering the AV/Suthep murder charges.

As well as the DSI and other PTP controlled agencies who pressed the charges in the first place :-D

• Like 1

I agree with you, he was a much better Prime Minister than opposition leader. The murder charges are just political posturing. People have died during the current protests so by the same logic Yingluck could be charged with murder. PTP leaders don't need to resign, they get kicked out sooner or later. Doesn't matter where they are educated Thai leaders are all the same. Thaksin was educated in the USA after all. Thai politicians are in it to make money. Same as police or soldiers in Thailand. None of them are looking to serve the public.

Your logic stands true. She, Chalerm and 4 others have been charged with murder. On a side note I am not blinded by politics to the point where I would call her or the others murderers or such. It is politics, just as Ahbisit's and Suthep's murder charges are. All should not have been raised and all will be thrown out of court.

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2014/02/25/074557351/Thai-PM-Charged-with-Murder

The murder charges are as silly as Ahbisit being charged as a crab if someone saw him walk sideways on the beach. Just as that would be laughed at and thrown out of court it would also, even though it goes against all logic, be used by the PTP supporters in their demonizing arguments of the Honorable Ahbisit. They wouldn't even question the absurdity of it because it demonizes Ahbisit from the other team and that's what matters.

Abashit has been charged with murder because he was present when Suthep gave his 'Bring me some red bodies" order and did not overrule him. It has now been almost 4 years since the incident and the courts are dragging feet. He and Suthep will never stand trial until Thailand gets an independent judiciary.

Edited by Dr Bruce
  • Like 1

Abashit has been charged with murder because he was present when Suthep gave his 'Bring me some red bodies" order and did not overrule him. It has now been almost 4 years since the incident and the courts are dragging feet. He and Suthep will never stand trial until Thailand gets an independent judiciary.

Any evidence that an order to bring red bodies was given, or that Abhisit was present if/when such an order was given? Or are you just guessing? :-)

FYI, a hardcore red shirt supporter on Thai Visa posted the actual order a few weeks back. As I recall, it was a completely reasonable and legal order, and included no request for any bodies of any color.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

I agree that he has been a huge disappointment. When he was Prime Minister, he was not elected, but placed there by the military dictators. During his tenure as PM, Thailand fell in Transparency International's corruption rankings.

Now he and Suthep are calling for reforms to stop the "plunder and corruption", but facts are facts, and corruption in Thailand got worse under these twos reign, than under Thaksin/Yingluck regime. Thailand needs reforms badly, but I will never trust Abhist and Suthep unless they first apologize to the Thai people for their miserable performance as PM and Deputy PM. Only then will we know if they are sincere or not.

• Like 1

Exactly, and the reason he was never elected by the people of Thailand.

• Like 1

Would suggest that moonao think and investigate before he posts. It would be nice to see him post a post based on reality. You are quite correct Abhist would make a better leader than opposition leader. In most parliamentary systems the opposition is given the chance to speak. Not so in the PTP Thaksin system.

"Noppadol Pattama, a Pheu Thai executive, gave assurances that his party would definitely assign a representative with decision-making power to attend the EC-initiated meeting and the party Thaksin would not set any preconditions whatsoever."

Took the liberty to correct a mistake in his statement. Refer to article in the Bangkok Post.

"The Pheu Thai Party will not argue the Democrats’ demand for a live broadcast of the forum, bearing in mind that the best solutions to the political conflict is a fair and clean election, he said."

The Democrats no longer demand a live broadcast. How ever they do wish the media would pay attention to the proceedings.

"Referring to the proposals by respected older Thai citizens and caretaker Justice Minister Chaikasem on resolutions for Thailand, Mr Noppadol said everyone has rights to propose but any group of people or political parties should not set conditions or act against attempt to resolve the country’s crisis."

Just what has his party being doing for the last six months to resolve the problems other than say hold an election. They may not be the brightest lights in a box of 20 watt nulbs but surley they must know that an election by it's self would solve nothing.

“An attempt with the objective to win but ignoring the rules or the feeling of 65 million people is equivalent to tearing the social contract of co-existence – an act which will contribute to endless conflict,” he said. (MCOT online news)"

Like when they held a 3:30 AM vote to exonerate Thaksin and it passed with a vote I believe of 305 to 3 against the wishes of the 65,000,000 Thais. The Senate saved their ass on that one or there would have been an uprising.

Lovely Fryslan boppe would like a CONVICTED CRIMINAL to sit down at talks with the EC!!! The man is beyond belief. And dont give me that &lt;deleted&gt; about the charges being politically motivated. Have you ever read them? Very conclusive stuff. Yes let s let a fugitive who s party has been banned 3 times! Sit down and chat with the EC. What were they banned for? ELECTORAL FRAUD. . . No where in the story I see Abhisit saying he welcomes the void. He says after the void occurs talks can start.

I agree that he has been a huge disappointment. When he was Prime Minister, he was not elected, but placed there by the military dictators. During his tenure as PM, Thailand fell in Transparency International's corruption rankings.

Now he and Suthep are calling for reforms to stop the "plunder and corruption", but facts are facts, and corruption in Thailand got worse under these twos reign, than under Thaksin/Yingluck regime. Thailand needs reforms badly, but I will never trust Abhist and Suthep unless they first apologize to the Thai people for their miserable performance as PM and Deputy PM. Only then will we know if they are sincere or not.

Since you insist that facts are facts, then I wonder why you conclude that he was not elected? As far as I recall, he was elected just as all the other MPs, and a majority of the MPs then appointed him PM - and that is a fact.

Sure, it only happened because certain MPs abandoned the red side, but that is afterall completely legal, and seems likely to happen when you run things the way the red side does.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

your opinion only

Not sure if you are correct in saying "democracy that PTP even dream about"

You are implying that the PTP know what Democracy is.

Exactly, and the reason he was never elected by the people of Thailand.

He was elected by his constituency - which is more than Burberry Boots ever managed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree with you, he was a much better Prime Minister than opposition leader. The murder charges are just political posturing. People have died during the current protests so by the same logic Yingluck could be charged with murder. The murder charges are just political posturing. Doesn't matter where they are educated Thai leaders are all the same. Thaksin was educated in the USA after all. Thai politicians are in it to make money. Same as police or soldiers in Thailand. None of them are looking to serve the public.

As was all the selfr-serving Thaksin demonization stuff, beginning with the coup-maker kangaroo courts.

However, the above quote does bring into focus, the need to "de-politicize the courts' before considering the AV/Suthep murder charges.

There were no "kangaroo courts" they were the usual criminal courts and he was sentenced during his brother in law's tenure.

Everybody with an understanding of law knows that Thaksin broke it on several occasions from the Ratchada land deal to the Exim bank loan to Myanmar to buy services from his company. From changing the laws on tax at the SET so he could sell his company tax free to registering assets in friend's, family's, gardener's and maid's names. The war on drugs, the Tak Bai and Kru Se massacres.

They got him on signing the document for the Rachada thing.

I think you may find, no criminal accusation has been laid on the other stuff. Taxes weren't changed, ownership was changed. You should check who gave him legal advice and put together the financing for the deal.

Quite a well connected bunch they are too.......

your opinion only

the only vacuum is in his ethics and political thinking

he is respected by none for his non-democratic stance and his over protection of the elite he seeks to serve

Thailand needs a third way based on:

• reform of the judiciary followed by other reforms (Police, Army etc) and all the corruption
  • non-attachment to the old feudal system (inc. les majeste reform) bye bye 'krenge jai'
  • protected elections

Neither the PTP nor the PDRC/Dems can deliver this

Jeez you are so wishy washy . On another forum you were intimidating that he would be the answer to all of Thailand's problems.

If you ever decide to contribute some thing positive get real first. You are so obvious.

First reform the judiciary which at the moment is in a position to enforce the law and get Yingluck the Beautiful deposed.

Gosh O gee I wonder why that is the first thing on his list of never going to happen.

How about a Democratic leader (Abhist) and some moderation on the les majeste laws and punishment for those breaking the election laws. Along with upgrading the machinery to use for voting. Lot's of money to do that with if they eliminate as much corruption as possible. As for eliminating all of it what are you going to do cut off their heads there will still be people willing to take the chance.

I notice you did not eliminate Thaksin as the answer.

When people like you invent stories and lie on here it just serves to remind me that I have retained my scruples

There were no "kangaroo courts" they were the usual criminal courts and he was sentenced during his brother in law's tenure.

Everybody with an understanding of law knows that Thaksin broke it on several occasions from the Ratchada land deal to the Exim bank loan to Myanmar to buy services from his company. From changing the laws on tax at the SET so he could sell his company tax free to registering assets in friend's, family's, gardener's and maid's names. The war on drugs, the Tak Bai and Kru Se massacres.

I think you may find, no criminal accusation has been laid on the other stuff. Taxes weren't changed, ownership was changed. You should check who gave him legal advice and put together the financing for the deal.

You think wrong.

He still has loads of stuff to go through the courts including the above cases, the lottery scandal, money laundering etc

You think wrong.

He still has loads of stuff to go through the courts including the above cases, the lottery scandal, money laundering etc

So as yet, not guilty of anything else.

However, this moaning about his taxes is wrong. That loophole has been used by many Thais for many years. Just ask the owners of DTAC and others on the other side of the political fence. Its a crazy loophole, but they love it just that way.

I remember reading there were 15 or so other serious charges outstanding against Thaksin. All waiting for his return, In some cases, not sure how many, I remember reading the courts had issued warrants after he failed to attend hearings.

So, there is one conviction, 15 pending court cases, plus any under investigation not yet put before the courts.There is also the possibility of ICJ interest in the war on drugs and Tak Bai massacres.

Guess it's easy to see the attraction of a whitewash all, let's pretend they never happened and start again approach is so appealing, and necessary. Of course he could appeal the conviction (bit hard to do after several years on the run mind!), launch a robust defense against the other charges in court, and hope the ICJ lose interest. For some reason, he only seems interest in the former. Any thoughts why?

I remember reading there were 15 or so other serious charges outstanding against Thaksin. All waiting for his return, In some cases, not sure how many, I remember reading the courts had issued warrants after he failed to attend hearings.

So, there is one conviction, 15 pending court cases, plus any under investigation not yet put before the courts.There is also the possibility of ICJ interest in the war on drugs and Tak Bai massacres.

Guess it's easy to see the attraction of a whitewash all, let's pretend they never happened and start again approach is so appealing, and necessary. Of course he could appeal the conviction (bit hard to do after several years on the run mind!), launch a robust defense against the other charges in court, and hope the ICJ lose interest. For some reason, he only seems interest in the former. Any thoughts why?

They will get him. I just thought it noteworthy to.point out that the taxes and loan to Myanmar weren't part of it. The tax loophole has been exploited by many before him.

A Garbage that should get out of thai politics for good .Maybe he should run to become

More people are saying this now but they are saying it about the Shin family and the PTP. Personally i think all of them shouldbe banned from politics since both the Dems and the PTP with the Shin family have shown they are corrupt and want their positions in leadership to benefit themselves and not for the people. Dissolve these charters and find someone who truly cares for the people and the country.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dissolving political parties and banning politicians doesn't seem to work out that well here.

The just send their family, cronies and henchmen to front for them.

When people like you invent stories and lie on here it just serves to remind me that I have retained my scruples

You're right about the lying and invented history. It's rather disappointing to encounter posts like his as I was looking for reasonable discussion. As well, even the point of delayed court case for Abhisit is ridiculously hypocritical as we still await complete prosecution of the likes of Natthawut and Jatuporn who have criminal cases from noticeably further back in 2007 and 2009.

Sorry to see the baseline discussion is disputing fabricated nonsense.

• Like 2

Translation of Abhisit's Statement;

The Democrat party is incapable of winning an election. I am incapable of inspiring the electorate and convincing them to vote for me in numbers sufficient to allow me to earn a legitimate place as PM of Thailand. Instead, the groups who have supported me as their public face have actively conspired to disrupt and sabotage elections in Thailand, thereby creating a "crisis". I hope that this crisis will again allow me to regain the PM position so that I can appoint more judges and agency heads who will in turn act to ensure that anyone opposed to my group's views will be blocked from governing. I may never have been gainfully employed outside of the guaranteed House seat my daddy and his friends ensured I received, but I want the people to know that I have watched some business shows on the telly and have read upon on that fellow Dyson who revolutionized how we use vacuums. I will do the same for the vacuum business in Thailand.

• Like 1