King's Yellow Maybach

Mercedes has given the King a yellow Maybach for his 60th year on the throne. I have heard that at the end of the ceremonies the car will be auctioned off and the money given to charity. That will be one expensive car.

Mercedes has given the King a yellow Maybach for his 60th year on the throne. I have heard that at the end of the ceremonies the car will be auctioned off and the money given to charity. That will be one expensive car.

I guess your avatar will soon be changing then...?

Was that the car that he drove to the ceremony today? I was wondering why he wasn't in his Roller or Cadillac.

Was that the car that he drove to the ceremony today? I was wondering why he wasn't in his Roller or Cadillac.

Yes, that was the car.

If you visit the Train Museum near the weekend market you can see photographs of all of the King's cars.

They had one parked outside the Dhara Devi Hotel in Chiang Mai last year and when I asked the young manageress what make it was she kept answering..."MY Boss..."

No dear you dont comprendez..wot make of car is it..not who owns it.............Ma boss....

OK so it belongs to your boss ..Ko jai...but wot make...etc.... :D ...she was of course saying May Bach...but .......o dear....Ma fault...... :o ..never seen one before .......

...nice motor :D

They had one parked outside the Dhara Devi Hotel in Chiang Mai last year and when I asked the young manageress what make it was she kept answering..."MY Boss..."

No dear you dont comprendez..wot make of car is it..not who owns it.............Ma boss....

OK so it belongs to your boss ..Ko jai...but wot make...etc.... :D ...she was of course saying May Bach...but .......o dear....Ma fault...... :o ..never seen one before .......

...nice motor :D

You are showing the wrong interior picture!

The Maybach is designed with the person in the rear in mind!

the car costs over 260,000pounds in the uk and is described in a motoring magazine as a truly vulgar car that shows the difference between taste and money..it does however have a useful 5.5litre engine and an impressive collection of toys inside to keep the passengers amused.

glad to hear that HRH is selling the thing though.

maybe rolls royce will donate a phantom.

Edited by taxexile

the car costs over 260,000pounds in the uk and is described in a motoring magazine as a truly vulgar car that shows the difference between taste and money..it does however have a useful 5.5litre engine and an impressive collection of toys inside to keep the passengers amused.

glad to hear that HRH is selling the thing though.

maybe rolls royce will donate a phantom.

I think the phantom gives the Maybach a run for it's money in the vulgarity stakes - it just looks like something Puff Diddly would drive!

post-19288-1149856149.jpg

Although there's probably not much room in the back I think it's a much more sophisticated looking ride!