Infection from swimming pool or reservoir?

Issangeorge

On Monday April 21st I took the kids to a reservoir, swimming. It did not seem the cleanest. On Saturday April 26th I took them swimming to my friends house, he has a small pool and a lot of neighborhood kids swim in it, but he keeps it very clean and checks the chlorine level every day. On Saturday the pool was crystal clear. On Monday morning April 28th, my wife brought my four year old nephew to me and he had a white discharge coming out of the head of his penis. We had him checked at the hospital and the lab report came back, "Disorders of the penis, unspecified." Whatever the heck that is. My question is could he have got this infection from the pool, where the incubation period would have been less than 48 hours, or would it be more likely he got it from the reservoir, where the incubation period would have been a week? My wife swears he got it from the pool, but I think that is unlikely.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Assume that the discharge is from the urethra and not from under the foreskin? Does the boy have any complaints such as itching or burning when he passes urine?

If it is from the urethra, it would mean a urinary tract infection or a local, possibly candida, infection.

It is extremely rare for boys to pick up urinary tract infections from exposures such as a pool. Girls are more prone due to the anatomy of the urinary tract; short urethra etc.

Suggest to have the kid examined by a good pediatrician. The lab results you have is meaningless.

He does have soreness when he pees. The hospital gave him some medicine and he returns next week.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Go to a different hospital