96 celica or 12 ford fiesta?

If I understand this OP correctly you have narrowed down to 1996 celica and 2012 fiesta?

an 18 year old car and a 2 year old car?

That'a a pretty wide spread, what does that leave out a 1953 studebaker?tongue.png

• Like 1

Coz i love the celica looks. But the fiesta seems a more prudent purchase coz of the age..

Sent from my MI 3W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I suggest you buy the Fiesta and a picture of the Celica to look at.tongue.png

• Like 1

Haha ok noted.

Btw what is the agent warranty for Ford? 3 or 5 years? Transferable right?

From the experience of another poster with his ranger here the Ford warranty is 5y..................yard that is

• Like 2

Coz i love the celica looks. But the fiesta seems a more prudent purchase coz of the age..

I suggest you buy the Fiesta and a picture of the Celica to look at.tongue.png

clap2.gif Yes..

If I understand this OP correctly you have narrowed down to 1996 celica and 2012 fiesta?

an 18 year old car and a 2 year old car?

That'a a pretty wide spread, what does that leave out a 1953 studebaker?tongue.png

I wish i could find a 53 to 56 Stude in this country, I've always loved them. Better still a Golden Hawk.

300K is not a lot of money. There are a number of second hand eco-cars (manuals) in the 300-400K range. Not too many fiestas are that cheap. Avoid an old celica - I'm presuming you want to be driving and now having it sit in a garage most of the time. The turbo models would have been thrashed also.

300K is not a lot of money. There are a number of second hand eco-cars (manuals) in the 300-400K range. Not too many fiestas are that cheap. Avoid an old celica - I'm presuming you want to be driving and now having it sit in a garage most of the time. The turbo models would have been thrashed also.

This is good advice.

For the Celica, I'd suggest you have at least 100k in the bank to fix all the issues that you will have over the first few months. From my experience it takes those first months to find and fix all the problems, after these have all been fixed then you know the car is OK :)

1. If the car has been looked after you will probably need to change all the obvious things as soon as you buy the car......oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, coolant, rubber hoses that have perished, tyres, various rubber bushings that have broken etc.

2. If the car hasn't been looked after budget for a new engine/gearbox.

Seen this happen a lot, car looks great and drives well on the test drive......couple of weeks later a piston breaks or something.

This is good advice.

For the Celica, I'd suggest you have at least 100k in the bank to fix all the issues that you will have over the first few months. From my experience it takes those first months to find and fix all the problems, after these have all been fixed then you know the car is OK smile.png

1. If the car has been looked after you will probably need to change all the obvious things as soon as you buy the car......oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, coolant, rubber hoses that have perished, tyres, various rubber bushings that have broken etc.

2. If the car hasn't been looked after budget for a new engine/gearbox.

Seen this happen a lot, car looks great and drives well on the test drive......couple of weeks later a piston breaks or something.

Yes, I just spent 15K on my honda getting various bits done - wheel bearings, rubber mounts, various rubber suspension components, gaskets to fix oil leaks. And this is on a 2004 car, 220K kms and full service history. Lord knows what will be wrong with a 96 model that is only serviced when it breaks down.