British actor Bob Hoskins dies aged 71

webfact

Bob Hoskins dies of pneumonia aged 71

LONDON: -- British actor Bob Hoskins, who was best known for roles in The Long Good Friday and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, has died of pneumonia at the age of 71.

Hoskins' agent said he died on Tuesday in hospital, surrounded by family.

The star won a Bafta and was Oscar-nominated in 1987 for crime drama Mona Lisa, in which he starred opposite Sir Michael Caine and Robbie Coltrane.

He announced he was retiring from acting in 2012 after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27224995

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-01

Wow - eerie - just 3 days before he died I'd been reading about how he had been one of the actors originally selected to play Wolverine !

Of course he will always be know for Who Framed Roger Rabbit but he had some other good films as well.

R.I.P.

Wow - eerie - just 3 days before he died I'd been reading about how he had been one of the actors originally selected to play Wolverine !

Of course he will always be know for Who Framed Roger Rabbit but he had some other good films as well.

R.I.P.

"Of course he will always be know for Who Framed Roger Rabbit but he had some other good films as well."

Wow indeed. Was this a typo? Possibly you meant to edit out the word "other?"

Of course he will always be know[n] for Who Framed Roger Rabbit but he had some (other) good films as well.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

He was a superstar,not like the crap you get here.Always a joy to watch,bye Bob.

"not like the crap you get here" raises a few questions.

Which particular superstar crap are you comparing to this guy? And where is "here?"

Are you talking about other actors or posters on TV or anyone under 70 years old or maybe inanimate objects?

"Here" meaning in ... the 21st century? listening to the BBC on the "wireless? in Thailand? parallel universe?

Possibly you're just randomly railing against THINGS generally, in the style of Grandpa Simpson?

Hi.jpg

I

I would surmise it's the US posters and 30 somethings who place Roger Rabbit as their memory of Bob,but many of us remember his 1970,s and early 1980's great character roles on TV and film.Harold Shand in "The Long Good Friday" made it the greatest Gangster movie

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Another great British character actor...Mona Lisa; The Long Good Friday; Last Orders, and from way back...Pennies From Heaven on BBC. To name only a few of many great performances.

Is there a secret school in the UK where you create these fantastic actors? Michael Caine, Sean Connery, Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Glenda Jackson, Alec Guinness, Peter Sellers, James Mason, Richard Burton, Peter O'Toole, Anthony Hopkins, etc. etc. etc.

R.I.P. Bob Hoskins.

RIP Bob, you were a great actor. I first saw you in Pennies from heaven, which along with Denis Potter's other tv classic, The Singing Detective rates among my favourite tv series. I was gutted this morning when I saw that you'd left us, I will sadly miss you.