Which is the best printer to buy?

Jessi

I have a lot of printing to do and the work will continue. I will only be using black ink.

So members can you please tell me the best printer to buy and which will be economical to use?

Also a rough idea of the cost and a good shop to buy, I am in the Pattaya, Rayong area.

Thank you in advance.

We use a lot of Oki, they seem quite good workhorses, but as usual what you need to check is how many pages you get for the Toner, the printer is only part of the cost and if the toner is expensive in Thailand it may not be worthwhile.

Laser's the way to go. Brother always gets a lot of love and seems to be linux friendly--you never know. (Linux compatibility of a particular model is something you can research fairly easily.)

Usual story, its not the cost of the printer as such, its the cost of the ink or toner cartridges.

You dont mention quantity of print run or frequency etc so its difficult to make recommendations.

will be printing about 1,000 pages a week. it dosnt have to be first class quality.

I'd go for an ink-jet if perfect quality isn't an issue. I've got a brother MFC-J430W which is an all in one (Fax/Scan/Copy/Print) which accepts refillable ink-tanks and gives very decent quality black and white printing. If you want photo's the colours don't seem as bright as Canon but still perfectly acceptable. Price was just over 4000 Baht.

will be printing about 1,000 pages a week. it dosnt have to be first class quality.

I'd go for an ink-jet if perfect quality isn't an issue. I've got a brother MFC-J430W which is an all in one (Fax/Scan/Copy/Print) which accepts refillable ink-tanks and gives very decent quality black and white printing. If you want photo's the colours don't seem as bright as Canon but still perfectly acceptable. Price was just over 4000 Baht.

An inkjet for 1000 pages a week?

I don't think so.

A budget laser is the way to go.

Brother is a good suggestion.

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2270DW-Compact-Wireless-Networking/dp/B00450DVDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398963499&sr=8-1&keywords=brother+laser+printer

• Like 2

If you had asked me this last year I would have advised you to buy a Monochrome Laser printer (I'd go with Sansung).

Since then I added an ink well to my Canon InkJet Printer and the quality and economy is superior to a laser.

If you want to connect directly to a PC then I would suggest you buy an Epson with a factory installed ink well.

I can recommend the latest HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2645 All in one series(also referred to as the 2640 series)The ink cartridges can be refilled by a competent ink refiller.Stick to a recognised International Brand.

I agree about Laser.... I've had a HP laser printer 1006 since 2007 and never had a problem with it .... I don't print much, I admit, and only just got the third cartridge....thumbsup.gif (2000 baht roughly to replace)

Would be lots cheaper than an inkjet to run.. and does not dry out! .....wink.png

I can't comment on laser printers but I've got an HP Inkjet which i found out cannot be retrofitted with external ink tanks, so you may want to check that out before you buy one if you end up going down the inkjet route because I think the external tanks would be essential for the quantities you're talking about. I have since learned how to refill the HP cartridges myself but it can be a bit messy and I wouldn't want to do it too often.

First I would like to thank all the members that took the time to reply with my question.wai.gif

Yesterday I had a very busy day at the hospital, so I didn't get a chance to reply for the advice and help you offered.

I have had a friend sell my his " Samsung ML 2010" for 500B, it works fine but needs a new cartridge.

Can these cartridges be re-filled? or would I be better off buying a new cartridge?

I found this:

on youtube.

Many thanks.wai.gif