Inexpensive Lawyer/paralegal

angelsephemera

From my own experience there is no such thing as a paralegal here. Even people working in the courts as clerks, or working at mid-level government jobs at land offices, etc. are people who have graduated from law school. They will automatically refer you to a lawyer friend as that is how the system works. Inexpensive lawyer? No such thing! If you need a lawyer, just hire one and pay the going price. My g/f has purchased numerous properties and never hired a lawyer, ever. It's a straightforward process. But nothing wrong with having a lawyer take a look I guess.

Lawyers are like airline pilots. when an engine fails a good one can get you out of the poo. Then they earn their money and are worth every baht . So really they are a type of insurance cost.

Edited by Mousehound

Had a friend get a cheap lawyer for a divorce. Turned out costing him more than a good one.

I like your idea of talking to the other condo owners.

If it is just property and in your wife/girlfriend name I agree with electrified.

'Cheap lawyer'. A bit of an oxymoron, innit?
Not 'Reputable Lawyer'? No... that's what happens elsewhere... when the escrow is about 40,000THB.
Your 'cheap lawyer' will make you wait two days, never look at it, and say, "This is golden. Pay me", and a few
months/years later you will be heading home sans your 30 kilo glutæus maximus.
Thass juss Khwai BID'ness baby!