Non-immigrant "o" Evidence?

Hi there,

I'm about to apply for a Non-Immigrant "O" type visa "for persons wishing to visit relatives / friends who live in Thailand".

The visa application asks for "Evidence substantiating purpose of visit".

Unfortunately I don't have any friends or family in Thailand, I just want a nice long visit! What can I put down that will get me the visa? I know people apply and get this visa without having friends or family, but I just don't want to be turned down!

Any advice is appreciated,

Thanks,

Sean

Hi there,

I'm about to apply for a Non-Immigrant "O" type visa "for persons wishing to visit relatives / friends who live in Thailand".

The visa application asks for "Evidence substantiating purpose of visit".

Unfortunately I don't have any friends or family in Thailand, I just want a nice long visit! What can I put down that will get me the visa? I know people apply and get this visa without having friends or family, but I just don't want to be turned down!

Any advice is appreciated,

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean.

OK, people have certainly obtained visas using this route in the past (from Hull consulate), however there were a few posts earlier in the year suggesting that maybe this route is now closed :o

For 'evidence' all that was being asked for was a letter from someone guaranteeing to pay your flight back home should you run out of funds, this could either be from a Thai or UK person.

Why not give the consulate a bell and ask their advice, both Hull and Cardiff are very friendly and business like.

DO NOT call or attempt to obtain your visa from the Embassy in London, you WILL waste your time.

Cheers for the info, i'll certainly give them a bell.

What are my other options then? I'm wanting to stay in Thailand for about 9months - a year, but I don't think I can do this on a tourist Visa!

:o

Cheers,

Sean

A triple entry tourist visa would almost give you 9 months.

1st entry 60 day, 30 day extension

2nd entry 60 days, 30 days extension

3rd entry 60 days, 30 days extension

For the 3rd entry you have make sure it is before the visa, stamped in your passport,

expires. This is usually 6 months after issue.

To be honest, I didn't think I was lying! On the application form it does say:

"O" = Visiting Relatives/Friends in Thailand or extended stay

All I want is an "extended stay" in thailand, but i'm not sure what evidence i need to produce to gain this visa. I don't wish to enter the country under false pretences.

To be honest, I didn't think I was lying! On the application form it does say:

"O" = Visiting Relatives/Friends in Thailand or extended stay

All I want is an "extended stay" in thailand, but i'm not sure what evidence i need to produce to gain this visa. I don't wish to enter the country under false pretences.

There is probably a typo in that statement. It probably should state "... for extended stay". Otherwise, everyone would be getting the "O" visa instead of the multiple-entry tourist visa.