PDRC leader Suthep submits petition to Senate

webfact

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is dangerous since there are no laws in Thailand. It's a cold war. The movement will not be as visible and more scary.

Can't have a cold war in Thailand. Certainly not on May.

And the gun bags that they all carry contain 15 types of moisturiser?

By that logic every motorcycle taxi is packing a side arm.

Admittedly, this could be true, but until you solve Bilbo's riddle, can't say for sure.

Edited by Morch

Blue Sky is showing a vote underway in the Senate.

It sounds to me like they're electing a PM, not a Speaker.

Will try to gather more information.

The election is for President of the Senate.

Blue Sky is reporting the President will appoint the next Prime Minister.

Not sure if you have been to Thailand, but it is quite common to wear full facial balaclava's to protect from the sun. Very disconcerting the first time you see it for sure. I have worked in Laos and Thailand in mining and my staff wear full balaclavas most of the day as they work out in the sun. Rice farmer are no different.

That white skin is to be prized and highlights a status that Thai's crave. Funnily enough the farmers want the same skin as the people that the UDD and PTP despise. Educated, articulate folk. Ironic isn't it?

So yes, they wear this to protect them from the sun. Unless of course you can show me evidence that they are covering their faced to disguise themselves. Have you got any evidence whatsoever that they are purported to be doing what you suggest? Until you prove that we can only assume I am right as that is a very common Thai trait.

It's fine if you're not able to provide this evidence, it's as I suspect it's just another opinion here on TVF that is one of many that mean diddly squat. wink.png

More pictures of a PDRC Supporter (praised by suthep) protecting himself from the sun. On the right you can see where the Happy Snappy shows that the sun has gone in and he no longer needs his balaclava for protection from the sun. Upon seeing these photos the local police became concerned for his skin complexion and have helped him out by making sure he spends a lot of time out of the sun - well, one can only hope, judges are notoriously fickle.

12382_645010398878298_356744297_n.jpg

• Like 2

nope its for the speaker, and the special session ends tomorrow, so forget about that lame 'PM from the Senate' angle

Relax, I'm just reporting what I see as best I can.

If your Thai is better than mine, turn on Blue Sky and lend a hand.

• Like 1

It's not gonna happen unless they try to create some lame 'parallel' caretaker govt.

• Like 1

Seriously?

He has a band of hired thugs. Wearing masks to protect from the sun?

Not sure if you have been to Thailand, but it is quite common to wear full facial balaclava's to protect from the sun. Very disconcerting the first time you see it for sure. I have worked in Laos and Thailand in mining and my staff wear full balaclavas most of the day as they work out in the sun. Rice farmer are no different.

That white skin is to be prized and highlights a status that Thai's crave. Funnily enough the farmers want the same skin as the people that the UDD and PTP despise. Educated, articulate folk. Ironic isn't it?

So yes, they wear this to protect them from the sun. Unless of course you can show me evidence that they are covering their faced to disguise themselves. Have you got any evidence whatsoever that they are purported to be doing what you suggest? Until you prove that we can only assume I am right as that is a very common Thai trait.

It's fine if you're not able to provide this evidence, it's as I suspect it's just another opinion here on TVF that is one of many that mean diddly squat. wink.png

Umm, your reply has nothing to do with any typical Thai trait and does not really make sense.

It is a fact that Thai's wear this protection. I highlighted it in case the member "Thailand" was not aware of it.

If you can show facts to state otherwise, by all means I am open to them and welcome them.

In the words of yingluck speaking articulately in an American accent ( which you still have not provided the link for yet and still despite the fact I was correct and you lied you still called me the liar wink.png ) Show me the evidence.

Edited by djjamie

It's not gonna happen unless they try to create some lame 'parallel' caretaker govt.

Not necessarily. They could restrict their candidates to the few existing cabinet members.

Let's see what happens after the vote.

Edited by Piichai

Seriously?

He has a band of hired thugs. Wearing masks to protect from the sun?

Umm, your reply has nothing to do with any typical Thai trait and does not really make sense.

It is a fact that Thai's wear this protection. I highlighted it in case the member "Thailand" was not aware of it.

If you can show facts to state otherwise, by all means I am open to them and welcome them.

In the words of yingluck speaking articulately in an American accent ( which you still have not provided the link for yet called me the liar wink.png ) Show me the evidence.

Based on "Dr Bruces" logic all the rice farmers and people who work outside all day in Thailand must be hired thugs then....

• Like 1

In the words of yingluck speaking articulately in an American accent ( which you still have not provided the link for yet called me the liar wink.png ) Show me the evidence.

Based on "Dr Bruces" logic all the rice farmers and people who work outside all day in Thailand must be hired thugs then....

According to Fab4 the popcorn gunman that suppressed the brutal 1 principle of democracy supporters while protecting the 15 principle supporters led by the notorious Ko Tee who is currently on the run is one too!

I wonder what his take is on Batman…He wore masks as well to protect innocent civilians from the likes of people like Ko Tee.

That is PTP logic right there!!!

Not quite deserved of the pigeon award yet, but I am waiting...

Edited by djjamie

He also asked Suthep and his supporters not to resort to violence and illegal methods so that their demands could be met.

Hmmm..... this reeks as well...lt can be interpreted a number of ways...but none so straight forward as to say 'Hey if you are good you will get what you want Wunderkind Thaugsuban' well folks ya Suthep/Abhisit/Dems/PAD boot lickers ya got what ya wanted.. A surefire Judicial/political coup...hope you're happy with how it plays out in the long run...Thailand has leapt backwards at warp speed...fasten those seatbelts...and somebody arrest this guy... otherwise he wil not go away ....

So forward into Thaksinland is good.

Stopping vote buying and corruption and make a government of honest people and pay the farmer well for their products is backwards? Well that I like backwards.

Stop with the Thaksin hogwash... it was never about that... it was about grabbing power.... if you think for a minute these Miraculous yet unspoken reforms are going to change the MO of the major players ( much more major than Taksin ever was) you are blinded by what I know not, but blinded nonetheless Thaksin was just the opportune target of the moment... The good old boys aren't going to give up their ways and means for any farmers benefit...much less "the people" get real... only for their people ...Money talks here and everything else comes in third...I'll be curious to see in a year much less 18 months what if anything has been reformed...Impossible when you have Courts and agencies private councils, generals, commisions that are not independant and some of which may be in someones pocket and laws that are not enforced and so on and on and on...reform will take decades and doesn't have a convenient face to bash.. because it is everyones face...Try looking at the bigger picture.

allow me to give you the bigger/but real picture boy,it was/and is the asoke people/dhamma army who first started this protest long before suphep came on the scene to rid this country of corruption...how do i know you may well ask ..my wife is there with them and has been since october inbetween a couple of breaks.and now again she is there today..so dont go around spouting rubbish when you havnt got a clue about the world of reality..jog on and learn before you start typing your reply....ill-informed you understand yet...wai2.gif

A man for all occasions.....................

Sad to see what nightly attacks have forced this anti-government movement into.

Absolutely.

When this sort of thing is happening, then, sadly, precautions are necessary:

post-207942-0-36971700-1399642642_thumb.

Child among three killed in attack on protesters

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/child-among-three-killed-in-attack-on-protesters-20140223-hvdiz.html#ixzz31E2MsyjL

• Like 1

According to Fab4 the popcorn gunman that suppressed the brutal 1 principle of democracy supporters while protecting the 15 principle supporters led by the notorious Ko Tee who is currently on the run is one too!

I wonder what his take is on Batman…He wore masks as well to protect innocent civilians from the likes of people like Ko Tee.

That is PTP logic right there!!!

Not quite deserved of the pigeon award yet, but I am waiting...

"the popcorn gunman that suppressed the brutal 1 principle of democracy supporters while protecting the 15 principle supporters led by the notorious Ko Tee"

Do you actually believe that was what he was doing, I mean, you seriously believe that?

bunk-the-wire.gif

• Like 1

He also asked Suthep and his supporters not to resort to violence and illegal methods so that their demands could be met.

Hmmm..... this reeks as well...lt can be interpreted a number of ways...but none so straight forward as to say 'Hey if you are good you will get what you want Wunderkind Thaugsuban' well folks ya Suthep/Abhisit/Dems/PAD boot lickers ya got what ya wanted.. A surefire Judicial/political coup...hope you're happy with how it plays out in the long run...Thailand has leapt backwards at warp speed...fasten those seatbelts...and somebody arrest this guy... otherwise he wil not go away ....

Learn to live with it. Like him or not, he doesn't look like going away any time soon.

Not necessarily. They could restrict their candidates to the few existing cabinet members.

Votes now being counted. Jutanon behind in the votes. Only about 50 counted so far.

Surachai ahead.

P.S. BTW, he also attended a meeting at the police headquarters, outside, not inside. They didn't come out and arrest him then either.

Votes now being counted. Jutanon behind in the votes. Only about 50 counted so far.

Surachai ahead.

Looks like Surachai won. 96 to 51 Edited by Piichai

Surachai ahead.

Deputy House Speaker Surachai Liengboonlertchai, an appointed senator, has the support of the anti-Pheu Thai group of senators while Suphan Buri Senator Jongchai Thiengtham, who has very good connections with the Chart Thai Pattana Party, is promoting himself for the post.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Battle-of-wits-as-candidates-fight-for-Senate-Spea-30233230.html

Mr Surachai also added that the right candidate for the Senate Speaker post would be the one who was impartial, independent and immune from political pressure. He or she must also have the capacity to promote the Senate as a legislative institution that the people can always count on.

http://thaifinancialpost.com/2014/04/30/surachai-open-to-possible-nomination-as-senate-speaker/

Well one things for certain, some people will definitely be counting on the senate......................................

So forward into Thaksinland is good.

Stopping vote buying and corruption and make a government of honest people and pay the farmer well for their products is backwards? Well that I like backwards.

Stop with the Thaksin hogwash... it was never about that... it was about grabbing power.... if you think for a minute these Miraculous yet unspoken reforms are going to change the MO of the major players ( much more major than Taksin ever was) you are blinded by what I know not, but blinded nonetheless Thaksin was just the opportune target of the moment... The good old boys aren't going to give up their ways and means for any farmers benefit...much less "the people" get real... only for their people ...Money talks here and everything else comes in third...I'll be curious to see in a year much less 18 months what if anything has been reformed...Impossible when you have Courts and agencies private councils, generals, commisions that are not independant and some of which may be in someones pocket and laws that are not enforced and so on and on and on...reform will take decades and doesn't have a convenient face to bash.. because it is everyones face...Try looking at the bigger picture.

The Thaksin "hogwash" is all about power too. Thaksin keeping it. You are wrong about the respective levels of corruption over the last 10- 20 years. He has been the biggest offender in "self-Help" Even boasted about it. Many people on the other side from you, including me worry about just how many Thai politicians really want a corruption free workplace. It is a lomg ingrained bad habit, but te internet makes it harder for people to do bad things & get away with it, amnd/or be hypocrites.. TIT & Time will tell. Join with us if there is a change oif government and help to constructively keep them on the S&N. Sorry but I think YL's lot are beyond help. Hope you are wrong.

If thats not a prime opportunity to arrest this bonehead, i dont know what is

Where's Chalerm when you need him? He's still a director at CAPO. He could have stepped up and arrest Suthep in front of the cameras and become a national hero instead of a national joke. Even the old lady who guards him isn't armed with her walking stick.

Oh well, maybe he was too busy summoning up enough Dutch courage.

Looks like Surachai won. 96 to 51

Considering the count, it doesn't look good for Yingluck.

Sounds like there'll be nothing on a new PM for a while. For sure not tonight.

suthep praised the election of the Senate President in part of his speech tonight, and I quote, "our dream came true".

So much for the perceived independence of the new Senate President coffee1.gif

Edited by fab4
  • Like 2