Criminal background and credit checks on Thai's

boone57

To my knowledge, the place for a police check is ...

The application for a Thai police certificate can be made at
The Police Clearance Service Centre,
1st Floor (Building 24) Royal Thai Police Headquarters,
Rama I Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330.
:
www.pcscentre.sb.police.go.th
We had to do a police check for the gf last month ... but don't know if you can do one on someone else.
Give them a call.
About the credit question, sorry, I have no information.
Elephants_zpsb52ebc80.png
Edited by David48

i doubt you can walk in with someones name on a piece of paper and ask for a background check on a thai national ...........especially as a farang

but tell us if it works ........might be useful to check staff or something ,probably not though as many crimes are sorted out with cash and the paperwork

gets shredded if a suitable payment is offered to "forget" the crime in plenty of instances ......

thailand is still a very long way behind the west in such matters especially uniform conformity when it comes to differnt stations and their interpretation of

the law

even in bkk alone it costs 500 if your caught using a certain underpass and the next one is policed by a differnt station and it only costs 200 to illegally use

their underpass on a bike and they are a mile apart on the same road ..........go thailand !thumbsup.gif

I don't think that in Thailand, there is a company that offers this service as a commercial

service unlike other countries, couple with the fact that Thais like to change their names

very often not out of malicious intent, but to bring better luck by having a more auspicious

name...

• Like 1

There are of course companies that do background searches in Thailand. And there are two credit bureaus which track individuals' credit-worthiness.

Names changes are of no consequence, as checks are done by the 13-digit ID number.

Do some googling and you will find what you want.

There are of course companies that do background searches in Thailand. And there are two credit bureaus which track individuals' credit-worthiness.

Names changes are of no consequence, as checks are done by the 13-digit ID number.

Do some googling and you will find what you want.

Using a third party company you have no way of knowing if the report you just paid for is true or they just made it up like mr somchai boonchawongisat is a good guy ......or am i missing something ?

if they said anything else under thai law he could sue them for defamation ?? best ask in the laywer a question like this ..........

You would obviously want to use a trustworthy provider. If you are of the type that trust farangs more than Thais there are international companies which have offices here.

They will simply tell you whether the person has ever been arrested, if there is an outstanding warrant in his name, whether there has been any litigation against him in the court system, etc.

All kinds of institutions use these services before they hire people, go into business relationships with them, extend credit to them, etc.

'Private' detectives can do this can't they ?

i dont know how i could trust the results in a country like thailand ,theres just too many scams and corrupt "business" practices

that are standard operating procedure rather than the exception.........

To my knowledge, the place for a police check is ...

The application for a Thai police certificate can be made at
The Police Clearance Service Centre,
1st Floor (Building 24) Royal Thai Police Headquarters,
Rama I Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330.
:
www.pcscentre.sb.police.go.th
We had to do a police check for the gf last month ... but don't know if you can do one on someone else.
Give them a call.
About the credit question, sorry, I have no information.
Elephants_zpsb52ebc80.png

Ask a lawyer should have both answers for you the OP

Don't speak too loud, I'm kinda glad there really isnt "credit checks" here in Thailand. Don't feel that not paying my JC Penny credit card should have anything to do with me securing my condo. Some people do value their roof before they do their bills yet in the USA, bad credit, you won't get an apartment.

Don't speak too loud, I'm kinda glad there really isnt "credit checks" here in Thailand. Don't feel that not paying my JC Penny credit card should have anything to do with me securing my condo. Some people do value their roof before they do their bills yet in the USA, bad credit, you won't get an apartment.

But there ARE credit checks.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app