Cost concrete/tiling for terrace.

gmac

Currently buying a house in a new project in Pattaya. We need some extra patio area and tiling done which the developer has quoted what look like pretty steep prices to me. 3500 baht/ sq metre for bare concrete (no depth mentioned) and 1200/sq metre for tiling. (1200 includes tiles would be 600/sq metre labour only)

Can anyone give me some idea of current 'normal' prices for this kind of work?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For the tiling, well if its a budget estimate then ok.
You say the tile cost is 600, actually 300bt tiles will get you large polished tiles, but for plain patio tiles 200bt give or take.

How big is your patio? If you ordered 1m3 concrete, delivered it may cost 4/5000 bt.
At 100mm thick that spreads to 10m2......therefore as a guide concrete cost becomes 500bt/m2

Conclusion, pay for the materials yourself at around 750bt=m2 and suggest to the labourers you will pay them 500bt a day each.

well that's what I would do if I didn't have time to do it myself.

Edit...of course I assume you have concrete lorry access and you need at least one cube.

For the tiling, well if its a budget estimate then ok.
You say the tile cost is 600, actually 300bt tiles will get you large polished tiles, but for plain patio tiles 200bt give or take.

How big is your patio? If you ordered 1m3 concrete, delivered it may cost 4/5000 bt.
At 100mm thick that spreads to 10m2......therefore as a guide concrete cost becomes 500bt/m2

Conclusion, pay for the materials yourself at around 750bt=m2 and suggest to the labourers you will pay them 500bt a day each.

well that's what I would do if I didn't have time to do it myself.

Edit...of course I assume you have concrete lorry access and you need at least one cube.

Access will no doubt be my problem as it is the rear and quite narrow side of the property where the work needs to be done. I thought 3500/sqm sounded very high.  Not sure of the area involved yet as building work has yet to start and I don't know exactly how much space there will be between house and boundary wall but the project are asking for orders for extras up front.  If they are to do the work I will clearly have to get them to quote for the specific area first, though that is easier said than done.  Have already asked and been promised the quote twice!  Their answer to date has been this per square metre price list.

For the tiling it's just a quote for them to do the job again 1200 baht/sqm including tiles, 600 baht/sqm if I supply tiles.  

I was aware of tile prices as I have already had a pretty good look around so again their 600Baht/sqm sounds like robbery.  What about 600baht/sqm for labour laying the things (including tile cement or whatever), no doubt that is also being quoted at an exorbitant rate.

I can't speak for Pattaya prices, but the going rate for 10cm thick slab with wire mesh reinforcing is 500-600 Baht/sqm inclusive of materials, formwork and labor.

For tile laying, anywhere from 80 to 250 baht/sqm (not including materials) - again, though, rest of Thailand prices, not Pattaya.

I can't speak for Pattaya prices, but the going rate for 10cm thick slab with wire mesh reinforcing is 500-600 Baht/sqm inclusive of materials, formwork and labor.

For tile laying, anywhere from 80 to 250 baht/sqm (not including materials) - again, though, rest of Thailand prices, not Pattaya.

Thanks very much, useful reference point and even rip-off Pattaya shouldn't be 6 times the price.   Think I'll be checking around for a few quotes!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,
We are just doing the same up north. 1 m3 of cement delivered by truck is 2'200.-, reduced to 2'100.- if ordered a full truck (4 m3). Steel rod is about 150.- per square meter. Labour 500.- is good. Something like 30 sqm is easily done in 2 days (concrete). Tiling I'd say about 1-2 days...
Good luck

Can anyone else confirm the above cube rate.
2200bt seems too cheap as I have been told over 3000bt on full loads ( based on a 6m3 wagon....the standard)
The 4m3 is a small truck and I would expect costs to be higher still.
And of course price depends on strength whether its Gen 1,2,3.
High strength or a post mix.

I really should go an ask as there is a cpac plant just along the road from me!

2200bt seems too cheap as I have been told over 3000bt on full loads ( based on a 6m3 wagon....the standard)

Normal "280" strength ranges from about 1750-2300 per cubic meter, depending on vendor and distance.

CPAC is the most expensive... but it's reliably good quality. Some cheaper vendors offer the same quality at lower prices, while others offer lower quality at lower prices :)

• Like 1

Normal "280" strength ranges from about 1750-2300 per cubic meter, depending on vendor and distance.

CPAC is the most expensive... but it's reliably good quality. Some cheaper vendors offer the same quality at lower prices, while others offer lower quality at lower prices smile.png

We paid 1,990 Baht/m3 for CPAC 240 strength concrete in October last year.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon
  • Like 1

CPAC is the most expensive... but it's reliably good quality. Some cheaper vendors offer the same quality at lower prices, while others offer lower quality at lower prices smile.png

We paid 1,990 Baht/m3 for CPAC 240 strength concrete in October last year.

Sophon

Yep, sounds right for CPAC, if delivery distance is less than say 15km or so.

Have never heard of prices of 3K Baht/cube... my 2300 quote was a delivery distance of ~75KM - anything further than this and they can't deliver anyway...

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've just paid 220 baht square metre for indoor floor tiling in my house at Phoenix Golf Pattaya. I tried to beat him down but he dug his heels in at that price.

Regarding concrete, builder has advised me to use cpac for my driveway and patio as he would have to charge more for hand-mixed. Dunno if he's just being lazy or having probs getting the manpower for mixing. In January, at Home Mart Ban Amphur (now Numchai), I was quoted between 1700 and 2060 baht metre cubed depending on strength.

Just for info, other labour prices I've recently paid are:

100 baht sq M outside painting. House on 3 metre columns so one floor up.

70 baht sq M inside painting.

3000 baht linear metre kitchen installation (concrete/tiled base; base cupboards and drawers; tiled worktop; cooker hob and sink; wall tiles to base of wall cupboards. Charge for wall cupboards and cooker hood extra). Similar charge in bathrooms.

1300 baht linear metre for box steel rail on balcony and outside stairs including painting.

500 baht sq M single block laying including cement render each side.

That's all I can think of just now, hope this helps.

• Like 1

I've just paid 220 baht square metre for indoor floor tiling in my house at Phoenix Golf Pattaya. I tried to beat him down but he dug his heels in at that price.

Regarding concrete, builder has advised me to use cpac for my driveway and patio as he would have to charge more for hand-mixed. Dunno if he's just being lazy or having probs getting the manpower for mixing. In January, at Home Mart Ban Amphur (now Numchai), I was quoted between 1700 and 2060 baht metre cubed depending on strength.

3000 baht linear metre kitchen installation (concrete/tiled base; base cupboards and drawers; tiled worktop; cooker hob and sink; wall tiles to base of wall cupboards. Charge for wall cupboards and cooker hood extra). Similar charge in bathrooms.
1300 baht linear metre for box steel rail on balcony and outside stairs including painting.

Hand mixing without a concrete mixer for 2-3 cu.m of structural concrete? No contractor dare to guarantee the quality and structural strength...;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hand mixing without a concrete mixer for 2-3 cu.m of structural concrete? No contractor dare to guarantee the quality and structural strength...;-)

The price of 1700 - 2060 baht cuM from Numchai was for CPAC as the builder advised.