Mae Sai border bounce, today 20/05/2014

KhunKevin

Can you just clarify as not clear.....

"So i have had a triple entry visa, which expired 31 days ago, so i went on a visa ''bounce'' to Mae Sai to try for a 30 day tourist visa ( not extension) which i got with the border guard telling me that they had marked my entry with a number 1 next to it, and i could only make another 2 ''bounces'' before i needed an official visa or some kind.

With me so far?

Right so this morning i set off on my ''second'' border bounce before the new regulations kick in on August 12? this is my story of the day........"

So you got the 30 day extension from Immigration for the final 3rd entry of your triple entry, so now your triple entry was completely finished and now you were doing a 30 Day Tourist Visa EXEMPT "bounce" OR was this your 2nd 30 Day Tourist Visa EXEMPT at Mai Sae?

Correct?

Edited by kjhbigv

Get a visa!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So so easy to say kalbo, but everyones circumstances are different, and you have totally missed the point about this post as it is meant to help people fully understand the ongoing situation here.

If you have followed my previous postings & replies you could have a better idea of just what i am currently doing.

• Like 1

Can you just clarify as not clear.....

"So i have had a triple entry visa, which expired 31 days ago, so i went on a visa ''bounce'' to Mae Sai to try for a 30 day tourist visa ( not extension) which i got with the border guard telling me that they had marked my entry with a number 1 next to it, and i could only make another 2 ''bounces'' before i needed an official visa or some kind.

With me so far?

Right so this morning i set off on my ''second'' border bounce before the new regulations kick in on August 12? this is my story of the day........"

So you got the 30 day extension from Immigration for the final 3rd entry of your triple entry, so now your triple entry was completely finished and now you were doing a 30 Day Tourist Visa EXEMPT "bounce" OR was this your 2nd 30 Day Tourist Visa EXEMPT at Mai Sae?

Correct?

Sorry, i wrote this after a very long day and quite a stressful one, i wanted to get something out there asap, as i know many people were asking about the situation at Mae Sai border.

You are correct it was my 2nd of what i have read 3 in-outs.

Again sorry for the missunderstanding, its not helping me at the moment as my PC has started to auto correct my spelling, for some unknown reason.

Cheers Kevin

Why do people 40 and younger start every sentence with the word "So"?

Let me reword that...

So, why do people 40 and younger start every sentence with the word "So"?

so your point about visa runs to Mae Sai is.........?

Well, my apologies for the off topic comment and now that I've read your profile, I see you don't fit that demographic. It wasn't really intended as a pot shot at you, but I figured I'd take the opportunity to ask a question that truly baffles me.

A foreigner getting married in Thailand pays 30bht, same as everyone else.

If you think that's expensive, you shouldn't be here.

Get a VISA or go home.

Did he not mean his marriage costs, ie dowry, party etc....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

This was a very helpful post. It confirms that immigration is finally requiring people who aren't tourists to not use visa exemption stamps that are intended for tourists.

And very reasonable to give a final visa-free stay to get stuff in order. Being honest about not being a tourist but being married and wanting to stay in Thailand probably helped, too.

Next step I guess is to find a country other than Thailand to apply for a non-immigrant visa based on being married.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Why do people 40 and younger start every sentence with the word "So"?

Let me reword that...

So, why do people 40 and younger start every sentence with the word "So"?

so your point about visa runs to Mae Sai is.........?

Well, my apologies for the off topic comment and now that I've read your profile, I see you don't fit that demographic. It wasn't really intended as a pot shot at you, but I figured I'd take the opportunity to ask a question that truly baffles me.

thank you for your honesty Mesquite, i might have been a wee bit sensitive after the going ons yesterday

Have a great day

Get a VISA or go home.

just for your information as you are clearly a not too well informed character, the cost of getting married in Thailand goes way way further than paying the paltry 30 baht, which is wrong as we paid 200 baht, so your first point is wrong, good start!

Their are other such ''minor'' things such as buying a house and paying dowry.......i paid more than 1 million baht, but i don''t need to explain that to such a knowledgeable chap like yourself.

I will entertain you further by telling you i do consultancy work all around the world, and there is a good chance i could pay for a 1 year visa and only stay 1 week before my work calls me away, it can also work out the opposite way as it has this time round while its been 10 months since my last bit of work.

Kevin

So, an excellent informative report on someone's experience on a recent visa run to Mae Sai Border, it would be great to hear from other people that have done the same recently rather than the silly comments. rolleyes.gif

That''s the exact reason i did it Barry, i was going to the border with a lot of in trepidation, and i could not find any useful info any where. I guess its an ongoing thing and your border points near Hua Hin are probably totally different?

I was so happy i took all my paperwork with me, it defo saved me an expensive overstay/trip.

As for the other silly comments, well ignorance is a great thing is it not? 55555

Thank you

Kevin

Get a visa!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Thaivisa Connect Thailand

" to try for a 30 day tourist visa ( not extension) "

You mean a 30 day visa exempt entry, not a tourist visa.

As the name suggests, a visa exempt entry is an entry not requiring a visa.

So, an excellent informative report on someone's experience on a recent visa run to Mae Sai Border, it would be great to hear from other people that have done the same recently rather than the silly comments. rolleyes.gif

That''s the exact reason i did it Barry, i was going to the border with a lot of in trepidation, and i could not find any useful info any where. I guess its an ongoing thing and your border points near Hua Hin are probably totally different?

I was so happy i took all my paperwork with me, it defo saved me an expensive overstay/trip.

As for the other silly comments, well ignorance is a great thing is it not? 55555

Thank you

Kevin

Trepidation??? What part of living in Thailand with the correct Visa is so hard for people to understand. You seem like an intelligent person (except for paying the 1 million baht etc for the wifey...this always kills me when I hear this) (and yes I am married).

If you could afford the wife you can afford to get the correct visa which in turn prevents you from feeling 'trepidation" when doing a border run.

I understand the value of your post, but how does it help people? You either have the correct visa status to stay in Thailand or you don't.

1. Tourist Visa

2. Tourist Visa Exemption

3. Non immigration Visa

4. Transit Visa

Pretty simple....not sure where the confusion is.

• Like 1

Thank you

Kevin

Trepidation??? What part of living in Thailand with the correct Visa is so hard for people to understand. You seem like an intelligent person (except for paying the 1 million baht etc for the wifey...this always kills me when I hear this) (and yes I am married).

If you could afford the wife you can afford to get the correct visa which in turn prevents you from feeling 'trepidation" when doing a border run.

I understand the value of your post, but how does it help people? You either have the correct visa status to stay in Thailand or you don't.

1. Tourist Visa

3. Non immigration Visa

4. Transit Visa

+l

Get a VISA or go home.

Anotheroneamerican was picking a fight, looking for any excuse to diss a fellow board member.

Some really sweet guys on TV...

OP, get an extension based on marriage to a Thai national. Good luck to you!

• Like 1

Thank you

Kevin

1. Tourist Visa

3. Non immigration Visa

4. Transit Visa

please read all my posts then you will see the big picture, im sorry i dont keep repeating myself for every single reply, that would not be ''intelligent'' again to point out a minor error on your behalf, more than one million baht was for dowry, house and paying for half of the actual wedding ceremony.

Get a VISA or go home.

Anotheroneamerican was picking a fight, looking for any excuse to diss a fellow board member.

Some really sweet guys on TV...

OP, get an extension based on marriage to a Thai national. Good luck to you!

many thanks Lancelot, i intend to go legal/visa like, asap, i am waiting for a couple of things to happen first, i like your idea and i am looking into it this week, maybe even tomorrow.

Cheers

Get a VISA or go home.

30thb + ...

- pickup/car/wave/click

- house

- sin sot

- buffalo

- fake lacoste/glock shirt

- fake fit-flops

- fake black label (for FIL)

- gold

- thai passport (bottom line status symbol in LOS)

the list is endless. as is the misery posted on TVF...

• Like 1

Get a VISA or go home.

just for your information as you are clearly a not too well informed character, the cost of getting married in Thailand goes way way further than paying the paltry 30 baht, which is wrong as we paid 200 baht, so your first point is wrong, good start!

Their are other such ''minor'' things such as buying a house and paying dowry.......i paid more than 1 million baht, but i don''t need to explain that to such a knowledgeable chap like yourself.

I will entertain you further by telling you i do consultancy work all around the world, and there is a good chance i could pay for a 1 year visa and only stay 1 week before my work calls me away, it can also work out the opposite way as it has this time round while its been 10 months since my last bit of work.

Kevin

Dear Kevin,

Sorry for my previous harsh words, I was merely trying to point out that you should spend your money on the necessary items for your marriage and stay in Thailand. The Amphur office charge 30bht for a wedding certificate, if you paid more, it was for 'optional extras' that you didn't need. Dowry, oh my god, I'm not going down that road, but again it can be considered an 'optional extra', as would be the house.

A little bit of careful money management and a dash of common sense, would have allowed you your 1 year marriage VISA extension (1,900bht), multiple re-entry permit (is that 3,500bht?) and the money in the bank (400k) that allows you to apply for it.

At the moment you are essentially here, with a house and wife, and no legal right to remain in Thailand.

Got to say at this point I don't believe, in your case, the border guard was doing his job correctly, you aren't a tourist, and haven't been a tourist for several 'tourist VISAs'. The current regulations have been clearly imposed to stop people just like you, living here under false pretenses.

How would you feel if some foreigner tried this on in your home country?

I do totally understand exactly what you are saying, but my circumstances are this (again sorry for repeating my self) i might not be here next month, so why is it you still think i am ''bucking'' the system? i get called to do my consulting all over the world, so i consider my time spending my hard earned cash in Thailand as a ''holiday'' there fore i am a tourist doing all the things tourists do.

Do you get where im coming from now? and if not what type of visa do you suggest i get next time i return to my ''holiday'' home and my holiday?

I am very keen to hear your reply and act upon it, you could know a visa or such like that i am so far unaware of.

• Like 1

1 year marriage VISA extension (1,900bht), multiple re-entry permit (is that 3,500bht?) and the money in the bank (400k) that allows you to apply for it.

I do totally understand exactly what you are saying, but my circumstances are this (again sorry for repeating my self) i might not be here next month, so why is it you still think i am ''bucking'' the system? i get called to do my consulting all over the world, so i consider my time spending my hard earned cash in Thailand as a ''holiday'' there fore i am a tourist doing all the things tourists do.

Do you get where im coming from now? and if not what type of visa do you suggest i get next time i return to my ''holiday'' home and my holiday?

I am very keen to hear your reply and act upon it, you could know a visa or such like that i am so far unaware of.

Already said, your primary reason for entering Thailand will be, "I am visiting my wife".

So you can get the 1 year marriage VISA extension + multiple re-entry permit (total about 6k but need 400k savings in a Thai bank account in your sole name).

Or (and this might suit you better, given your work) 60day non-imm O VISA for the purpose of visiting your wife (Thai national not sure of the cost 2k maybe).

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2