How to get to and from HH on big bus

My nerves and blood pressure cannot handle another video game style mini van ride to and from Hua hin.

How and where do I get a big bus from bkk if Im staying in the Pranakorn area. Are there big buses every hour from the southern bus station. Perhaps I can get a taxi past pinklow to that bus station on the outskirts? Is this the place?

What about from HH back to Bangkok.

There are buses either every hour or half hour from the Southern bus depot or you could get the BTS to the Airport and get the Airport bus to HH, just Google this for more info, same applies to going back to BKK

• Like 1

There are buses either every hour or half hour from the Southern bus depot or you could get the BTS to the Airport and get the Airport bus to HH, just Google this for more info, same applies to going back to BKK

I would second that, I went on the bus from the airport to HH, superb. It is a 24 seater with only 3 seats across. like armchairs. It is 305 baht and leaves from gate 8 on the level below arrivals. Took about 3 hours, only problem I had, drove past my hotel to the bus station, had to get a taxi back to the hotel.

It sounds like you have been to HH a few times so this may be old news for you - like the vans, the big bus will let you off at whistle stops along the way. If your destination is close to the main road that may be a good option. Getting let off at the clock tower in town may also suit you better than going all the way to the bus station down south at soi 96. Just let the assistant know where you need to go.

Going back to BKK, I am pretty sure you only have the option of starting at the bus station.

The HH/swampy bus is also a really good suggestion if you can get to the airport more easily than the southern bus terminal. I must admit I haven't used it myself, so I am not sure about it letting you off anywhere other than the bus terminal in HH. Perhaps other posters can enlighten?

I would second that, I went on the bus from the airport to HH, superb. It is a 24 seater with only 3 seats across. like armchairs. It is 305 baht and leaves from gate 8 on the level below arrivals. Took about 3 hours, only problem I had, drove past my hotel to the bus station, had to get a taxi back to the hotel.

I did exactly the same thing in March this year. My hotel was minutes walk from the clock tower. Finished up at the bus station & had to (rip off) taxi back. Oh well, to travel is to learn.

Definitely recommend Roong Reuang Coach Co. from swampy.

I traveled onwards by train to Surat Thani, (then bus to Krabi) but if returning to Bkk I would also go by train as you can walk to the station & get the MRT from Hua Lamphong.

Although the times aren't ideal: http://www.railway.co.th/checktime/checktime.asp?lenguage=Eng&StationLast=Bangkok&StationFirst=Hua%20Hin

Edited by Lancashirelad