Man arrested with bombs and war weapons in Lop Buri

webfact

Man arrested with bombs and war weapons in Lop Buri

5-21-2014-1-08-33-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A man was arrested in Lop Buri late Tuesday night with a sizeable amount of ammunition and explosives and a war weapon.

A combined police and army troops raided a house in Nong Muang district owned by Mr Chaowarat Thongpuek after a tipoff that explosives and illegal weapons were hidden in it.

Search of the house uncovered one AK47 assault rifles with 800 rounds of ammunition, 156 11-mm cartridges, one ounce of TNT explosives and several items of bomb-making materials.

The suspect told police that he was hired by someone to make bombs to be used to disrupt protests in Bangkok. He also said that he had already delivered one consignment of bombs to his employer in Bangkok.

Meanwhile, army troops and police conducted extensive searches for explosives and illegal weapons which might be smuggled into Bangkok from neighbouring provinces. Roadblocks have been set up on Asian highway and Paholyothin road in Ayutthaya and Saraburi provinces in an attempt to stem the flow of illegal firearms which were suspected to be used to stir up violence in Bangkok.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-arrested-bombs-war-weapons-lop-buri/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-21

The police seem to do a lot better job of finding bombs and arms when the army "Combine" with them.

Seems they can do their job when they get a little help from a friend.

Bit of luck we will soon find out who his employer is.

I got a funny feeling they're working on that.

Looking forward to seeing what develops next.

This was found today morning =>

Just remember if you support the UDD then the red shirts are similar to water. They have 3 phases.

Water;

1. Solid to Liquid when it is heated
  2. Liquid to Steam when it is heated further

UDD supporter;

1. Peaceful grass roots to Red Shirt when they have to rally
  2. Red Shirt to 3rd hand when they have to attack anyone

So in a way the more "heated" a peaceful grass roots get the more propensity they have for attacking someone.

Prepare to be bedazzled by the excuses.

post-140765-0-82652600-1400657791_thumb.

Edited by Scott

This was found today morning =>

Please can you quote your source...

As for the last photo was this the haul of genuine red shirt or the other side infiltrating the red shirts? I guess there will be claims and counter claims as to the actual status, I assume the nice piece of "totty" in the top photo will not be seeing her boy friend for some time.

Edited by Scott

What are those badges about? the last photo?

Photo was taken with the rest of the pictures (same room). So, I don't know, either the suspect is a UDD guard or one the people arresting him was a UDD guard. At this point I doubt very much that the UDD are working with the army, so I'd bet on the guy being a UDD guard (or at least having the credentials to pass as one).

Ribbon and bagde show clearly that man work as Red Guard..... no doubt red fanatical factions are behind attack who get live of chlidren. Now you understand why Surapong wanted Army leave Bangkok few weeks ago. Perhaps he was know the true about red move......

It's clear too this man has received some protection from current governement.

Now Army are in charge, and there will be other arrest soon..........

Edited by than
  • Like 1

The 'breaking news' of this on the TPBS site had only soldiers involved in the search:

" Soldiers under order of the Peace and Order Maintaining Command searched a house in Nong Muang district of Lop Buri province which belongs to a former army ranger this morning. They found more than 1,000 rounds of assault rifle ammunition, and more than 10 grenades."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/42275/

"he had already delivered one consignment of bombs to his employer in Bangkok"

If I was a betting man I would be tempted to bet on a link with the bag 'found' by police in Lumpini Park after three days of cleanup by PDRC and BMA.

I wish you were a betting man. I would get rich.

• Like 1

Well, that didn't take long, the police spent six months sitting on this and next day after Martial Law, bam! The suspects start to be found.

Yes, so it was not wise to do the normal crowing and getting this story into the media just yet. They should have kept quiet about it so as not to scare off other cache holders.

Finding the weapons and those involved is starting to come to a head now that the army is more involved. I hope they apply some proper heavy questioning of the 'employer' of the arrested guy and follow the trail from the car owner/user to where those weapons were destined to.

No more CAPO-style BS and violent 'forecasts' would justify martial law alone.

• Like 1