Night time curfew...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has been officially announced by CP that they're closing 7-11 at 10PM and open again 5AM.

(Now I'm wondering how the hell they're gonna get home after they close at 10PM and how they're gonna get to work to be able to open at 5AM sharp, or perhaps they're expected to sleep there??)

This is official announcements in Thai by the military.

Many streets and areas in Bangkok are "no go zone".

แจ้งทราบครับวันนี้(22พ.ค.57)

- รถไฟฟ้าBTSและรถเมล์ BRT ให้บริการถึง21.00น.

BTS will be closed after 9PM

- เรือคลองแสนแสบถึง 20.30น.

Canal boat services will cease after 8:30PM

- รถไฟฟ้าใต้ดินเปลี่ยนแปลงเป็น 20.00น.และจะเปิดให้บริการเวลา 06.00น.

Subway will close 8PM and open 6PM

- ห้ามรถทุกชนิด ผ่านหน้าเดอะมอลล์ บางแค ถ.เพชรเกษม (ขาเข้า)

No cars are allowed to pass in front of "The Mall" Bang Khae petchkasem road (inbound)

- ห้ามประชาชน ออกจากจากเคหะสถาน ในเวลา 22.00น. -05.00น.

Everybody must stay indoors between 10PM-5AM

การปิดการจราจร ประจำวันพฤหัสบดีที่ 22 พ.ค.2557 เวลา 18.00 น.ดังนี้

1.ถ.ราชดำเนินนอก ตั้งแต่แยกผ่านฟ้า- แยกพระรูปฯ (กองทัพภาคที่ 1)

2.ถ.ลูกหลวง ตั้งแต่แยกประชาเกษม - แยกสะพานเทวกรรม

3.ถ.กรุงเกษม ตั้งแต่แยกประชาเกษม - แยกสะพานเทวกรรม

4.ถ.จักรพรรดิพงษ์ ผ่านแยก จปร. ขึ้นสะพานพระราม 8 ได้ 2 ช่องทาง และลงจากสะพานพระราม 8 ทางตรงผ่านแยก จปร. ได้ 2 ช่องทาง

5.ถ.ราชดำเนินกลาง ตั้งแต่แยกคอกวัว ป้อมมหากาฬ สามารถวิ่งจากแยกคอกวัวมุ่งหน้าอนุสาวรีย์ประชาธิปไตย ได้ 1 ช่องทาง เพื่อเลี้ยวซ้าย เข้า ถ.ดินสอ ไปโรงเรียนสตรีวิทยา(เฉพาะรถที่รับส่งนักเรียน)

6.ถ.พิษณุโลก ตั้งแต่แยกนางเลิ้ง แยกวังแดง

7.ถ.พระราม 5 ตั้งแต่แยกวัดเบญฯ สะพานอรทัย

8.ถ.แจ้งวัฒนะ ตั้งแต่หน้าที่ทำการไปรษณีย์ไทย อาคารเอ ศูนย์ราชการ

9.ถ.อุทยาน (อักษะ) ปิดการจราจรตลอดทั้งสาย

หมายเหตุ

- แยกผ่านฟ้าผ่านไม่ได้ทุกเส้นทาง

- ถ.พระสุเมรุ ผ่านแยกป้อมมหากาฬ ไป ถ.มหาไชย ได้

- ถ.ดินสอ จากเสาชิงช้า ผ่านวงเวียนอนุสาวรีย์ประชาธิปไตยไป ฝั่งสตรีวิทย์ได้

- สะพานพระราม 8 ขึ้นลงได้ปกติ

สำหรับเส้นทางเลี่ยง

1.ผู้ที่จะเดินทางจากสะพานพระปิ่นเกล้า เข้าเมืองให้ใช้ ถ.บำรุงเมือง, ถ.อัษฎางค์ และ ถ.ตะนาว และผู้ที่มาจากฝั่ง ถ.พระราม 1 หรือ ถ.พระราม 4 ให้ใช้ ถ.หลวง หรือ ถ.เยาวราช

2.ผู้ที่จะเดินทางข้ามระหว่างฝั่งธนฯ กับฝั่งพระนคร ควรหลีกเลี่ยง สะพานพระราม 8 และสะพานพระปิ่นเกล้า ให้ใช้ สะพานพระพุทธยอดฟ้า,สะพานพระปกเกล้า,สะพานซังฮี้ หรือ สะพานพระราม 7 แทน

3.ผู้ที่จะเดินทางผ่าน ถ.แจ้งวัฒนะ ให้ใช้ ถนนภายในศูนย์ราชการฯ แทน

4.ผู้ที่จะเดินทางไป ถ.อุทยาน ให้ใช้ ถ.พุทธมณฑลสาย 3 สาย 4 หรือเลียบคลองทวีวัฒนา แทน

จึงขอประชาสัมพันธ์ให้พี่น้องประชาชนผู้ใช้รถใช้ถนนทราบ หากต้องการสอบถามเส้นทางและสภาพการจราจรเพิ่มเติมหรือ แจ้งอุบัติเหตุจราจร ท่านสามารถสอบถามและแจ้งได้ที่ 1197 ได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง

Edited by Mole

No military on the streets here.

By the way, any soldiers in Samui ?

One or two perhaps, wink.png .... at the Military Base, over near Raja ferry Lipa Noi area! .... (I don't think that is top secret, since it is sign posted! ) and barracks in full view on one of the side roads over there... whistling.gif

"To reform the social structure economically, socially and in other ways, to create equality for everybody and for every side. The peace-maintaining committee which consisted of army, army forces, navy and air forces as well as the national police has to take control of power to administrate the country from 22 May 2014 from the time of 1630 onwards," Prayuth said.

So this means that the national police can enforce a curfew in Samui?

What happened last time there was a coup or a curfew?

Did anything change on Samui or did things just move on as normal.

Everything was almost as normal last time.

You could not get news from true visions (UBC) but Samui cable got CNN and BBC from Malaysia.

You could not get news from true visions (UBC) but Samui cable got CNN and BBC from Malaysia.

The last curfew was only for Bangkok and some other areas. This one is Nationwide. But we're in Samui, so Believe it when you see it!

The last curfew was only for Bangkok and some other areas. This one is Nationwide. But we're in Samui, so Believe it when you see it!

Yes, true. 2006 was BKK only.

I've just had a whiz out on my bike to get some supplies from 7-11 (about 11:00 pm).

Seems all the 7-11s are closed. (Hilarious when you see one across the road from a Family Mart that's got all lights blazing!)

The 4 bars (Mae Nam) I had a glance at seemed to be business as normal.

Spotted a bunch of police grouped outside the cop shop in Mae Nam pulling in bikes at random. They had bikes with Thais on when I went out. When I came back 10 mins later, no bikes and I cruised past dead slow to see if they would stop me but they didn't bat an eye.

On the other hand my chum in Pattaya says that everything's closed.

(Must be some kind of a message here . . .)

Anyone know what's happening in Chaweng?

R

I've just had a whiz out on my bike to get some supplies from 7-11 (about 11:00 pm).

Seems all the 7-11s are closed. (Hilarious when you see one across the road from a Family Mart that's got all lights blazing!)

Spotted a bunch of police grouped outside the cop shop in Mae Nam pulling in bikes at random. They had bikes with Thais on when I went out. When I came back 10 mins later, no bikes and I cruised past dead slow to see if they would stop me but they didn't bat an eye.

R

In Maenam it was just a 'regular' police check thing... they went on to do spot checks on some of the smaller sois too... absolutely nothing to do with the coup, curfew and the likes. 7/11 seem to be sticking to their word (and closing at 10pm), but no problem for supplies, as Family Mart are not as stupid, and are open as normal. Bars, Sing-a-songs, and Karaoke bars are open as normal... if a bit quiet. It seems to be a case of 'What coup?', 'What curfew?', and 'life as normal'!

• Like 2

Schools closed tomorrow ?

are 7/11's open and family marts.

i am not in samui which is whyi am asking

Just popped down to the local Family Mart which was open.

CTH channels all seem to be down including movie & sports channels!?!

Edited by TheLobster
  • Like 1

Samui Cable still have a few channels active. BBC News, Fox News, SciFy, Universal, Australian Network, Golf Channel, plus a few others.

R

In Maenam it was just a 'regular' police check thing... they went on to do spot checks on some of the smaller sois too... absolutely nothing to do with the coup, curfew and the likes. 7/11 seem to be sticking to their word (and closing at 10pm), but no problem for supplies, as Family Mart are not as stupid, and are open as normal. Bars, Sing-a-songs, and Karaoke bars are open as normal... if a bit quiet. It seems to be a case of 'What coup?', 'What curfew?', and 'life as normal'!

I reckon if WW3 broke out and the evening skies were luminous with fallout, Samui would still carry on as usual - the only difference maybe being that more people would go to Nathon night food market cos of the even better sunsets . . .

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 2

Samui Cable still have a few channels active. BBC News, Fox News, SciFy, Universal, Australian Network, Golf Channel, plus a few others.

Spoke too soon. As at 12.30am no signal on Samui Cable. Will have to check again in the morning.

all 7 11 closed in kp also we had to close our noodle shop at 10 pm NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN IN K.PHANGAN . good night

sad.png

Any excuse for time off

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app