Orders so far

Lite Beer

Orders so far
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Orders issued by the National Peace and Order Maintaining Council (NPOMC) following the May 22 coup announcement:

- Martial law is invoked nationwide

- The current Constitution is abolished except Chapter 2, which pertains to the monarchy

- The Cabinet is terminated

- Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha, as head of the NPOMC, acts as the prime minister and each ministry's permanent secretary acts as relevant minister

- Nationwide curfew from 10pm-5am

- All political gatherings of five or more people are banned and all protesters are ordered off the streets

- All TV and radio stations are ordered to suspend normal programmes and allowed to show only Army broadcasts

- All media outlets are ordered to refrain from reporting content that could be deemed as lese majeste, provocative, inciting violence or critical of the military leaders

- Operators of social media and Internet service providers have been urged to block the spreading of false information and messages that incite unrest or opposition to the peacekeeping efforts

- 155 prominent figures, so far, including ousted government leaders, politicians attached to the former government, protest leaders and political activists have been ordered to report to the NPOMC and are banned from leaving the country without permission.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-25

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where on the list is the order that KFC must close at 7pm hey? Not had a Kentucky for ages (you know how it is when you have the urge for a certain something and nothing else will do) I turned last night at 8pm Jungceylon licking my lips and - sign on door Closed 7pm

<deleted>?? What bearing do KFC have on Thai politics...

• Like 1

If Thai people follow everything what the army says, it should be peaceful and everything will be normal soon. Mr. Thaksin, please stay back, relax and make no comments and do nothing in order to bring back what Thai people deserve. Thank you, Mr. Thaksin.

Just got off phone with GF in Isaan. Anyone wanting to travel outside village, say to Sisaket, Ubon, Bangkok, must go to village authority to get written permission for travel.

Buddys missus just left Roi Et today and arrived in BKK a min ago, on route to the south..

No such restriction in place and no one checking papers or even stopping the bus she says.

Just got off phone with GF in Isaan. Anyone wanting to travel outside village, say to Sisaket, Ubon, Bangkok, must go to village authority to get written permission for travel.

You know thats BS right? I live in isaan, and life goes on much the same as before. Drove into Khon Kaen this morning, the only sign of a coup were the two decorative armored troop carriers parked on the side of the road...without a soldier to be seen I might add.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

sounds like the Massai Mara, Kenya. wildlife problem. Red village is it ??? under surveillance ??? Do as in the movie--"Great Escape" go to pick mushrooms and do a runner ???? We have ways and means of making you talk--(Stay).

Info please ??

• Like 1

You know thats BS right? I live in isaan, and life goes on much the same as before. Drove into Khon Kaen this morning, the only sign of a coup were the two decorative armored troop carriers parked on the side of the road...without a soldier to be seen I might add.

The name---Ting tong--means crazy in English.

• Like 1

So where on the list is the order that KFC must close at 7pm hey? Not had a Kentucky for ages (you know how it is when you have the urge for a certain something and nothing else will do) I turned last night at 8pm Jungceylon licking my lips and - sign on door Closed 7pm

<deleted>?? What bearing do KFC have on Thai politics...

The KFC banner contains too much red.

The name---Ting tong--means crazy in English.

Wow this is a harsh forum. Just reporting what I have been told. Have no reason to suspect this is BS. Never mind, judge the statement as you see fit.

Edited by Ting Tawng

Did you ask her if that was the military, the police or the local red shirt volunteers rule?

• Like 1

The 16 Predictions of Buddha - taken from http://www.meditationthailand.com/16predictions.htm

1. 2482 - 2492 B.E. Evil era.

2. 2492 - 2502 B.E. Visiting friends era.

3. 2502 - 2512 B.E. Losing territory era.

4. 2512 - 2522 B.E. Havoc era.

5. 2522 - 2532 B.E. Land taken over by the outlaw era.

6. 2532 - 2542 B.E. Prosper socialite era.

7. 2542 - 2552 B.E. Admiring the traitor era.

8. 2552 - 2562 B.E. Grievance land era.

9. 2562 - 2572 B.E. Alleviated world era.

10. 2572 - 2582 B.E. Worry free era.

The present time is in 7th era "Admiring the traitor" it’s an era that unmoral attitudes affect the country, causes the country to be disunited, facing all kinds of troubles. There is a forecast toward the end of year of the dog 2549 B.E. period of moonless nights. People will suffer from many causes. This is called 8 distresses and they are:

Distress from flood coming from the melting ice mountains which raise the sea level

Distress from selfishness

Distress from lack of food

Distress from family separation

Distress from death in the fields

Distress from inconvenience to leave the country

Distress from inability to sleep

The capital did not only suffer from war but also from other endless problems. These 8 distresses will occur in Thailand and other democracy countries because people will abuse their rights and ruin others' rights without shame. They only focus on self profit. The mass media war clash with the government will occur. The experts will get talkative yet pointless.

Government minor officials will become scapegoats. The top administrator will bring their followers as subordinates. Many groups will use the country's benefit as a front to build trust from the people. These types of people only seek to profit themselves. It will not be long before we get to see for ourselves. As a matter of fact, the author learned from many teachers about forecasting Thailand and the changes in the world mentioned. The seas will become mountains, mountains will turn into flat land, villages will become cemeteries, and humans will eat dogs. Bullies will takeover again. Those that believe that they are in the upper class will wear skimpy clothes or non at all. Modeling will become undressing (calling it a new fashion).

• Like 1

Did you ask her if that was the military, the police or the local red shirt volunteers rule?

I have just asked her, she says Village "headman" ran the meeting. Military. Again, just passing on what I have been told. I was not there, but have no reason to suspect inaccurate.

I've just come back from Udon and Wang Saphung and that's clearly not the case

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

TT only 4 posts...

Obviously you have not been around long.

Translated means at home with "brother", not want to come back to you yet...

• Like 2

"- All TV and radio stations are ordered to suspend normal programmes and allowed to show only Army broadcasts"

Well, at least this order seems to have been relaxed alreadt. Around 1PM today I was watching my favorite comedy on channel5. It is situated around an army base with very, very bright people biggrin.png

The whole Military is only 250,000 so if the people decide to rise up there is no way the Military will be able to control them all all over Thailand.

Isn't that just the number of Generals???

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

TT only 4 posts...

Been around TV long enough, just gun-shy about posting here because bound to get unwarranted negative and off-topic responses. Sheesh! Just trying to inform the TV community about travel restrictions that I have heard. Who knows what other travel restrictions are manifesting. Maybe none. That's the point of OP, inform what I know, and see what other responses come back on topic. Maybe if I add to the daily off-topic and vitriol responses I would have a higher count of posts and hence more credence? What has sick buffalo excuses, other boyfriends, requests for money got to do with topic of new rules after a military coup?

• Like 1

on my way from Loei to Nong Khai the 22nd, i was stopped at one of the 4 roadblocks. one of the 2 policemen demanded 2000 baht.

i played dumb and finally he gave up and let me go.

A couple of posts deleted that could be construed as violation of the orders given by the present rulers.

Again, this situation is serious and we have zero tolerance for violations of the rules.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Indeed, however my wife told me this morning that the celebrations at the new temple in her village were all over by 2100 and everyone was asked to return to their villages by the monks and to respect the curfew notice. That was in Nong Bun Mak, outside Korat.

TT only 4 posts...

Been around TV long enough, just gun-shy about posting here because bound to get unwarranted negative and off-topic responses. Sheesh! Just trying to inform the TV community about travel restrictions that I have heard. Who knows what other travel restrictions are manifesting. Maybe none. That's the point of OP, inform what I know, and see what other responses come back on topic. Maybe if I add to the daily off-topic and vitriol responses I would have a higher count of posts and hence more credence? What has sick buffalo excuses, other boyfriends, requests for money got to do with topic of new rules after a military coup?

My thinking is this, your posting may well have been done with good intent, BUT it is way out of the norm. because it did not fit in with the normal Issan situ.

So if it was the GF next time check it out more before posting her news. your few posts had little to do with your post on the topic. Curfew 22.00 to 5am

The village head man should not be trying to restrict villagers out of the curfew hours, sounds to me like one of these rose tinted headman-control freak.

Indeed, however my wife told me this morning that the celebrations at the new temple in her village were all over by 2100 and everyone was asked to return to their villages by the monks and to respect the curfew notice. That was in Nong Bun Mak, outside Korat.

Curfew is different, thats being very well observed everywhere up here as far as I can tell...granted 10pm is past my bedtime anyway!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Buddys missus just left Roi Et today and arrived in BKK a min ago, on route to the south..

No such restriction in place and no one checking papers or even stopping the bus she says.

We are in Khon Kaen and the wife's family near Chonnabot, no such restrictions here either. We had a completely normal weekend and even did a 240km round trip to see bats leaving a cave yesterday, no problems. Saw a police/army check post on the road but that was nothing unusual. Maybe the police are teaching the army guys how to collect tea money. I even saw cars going past our place at 4am both saturday and sunday so it seems the curfew is very loose too.

• Like 1