New Mazda 3 and new Honda Jazz short test drive impressions

Funny you should say that Wong, I was looking to put on some 20 inch rims and got a good price for them direct from Lenso but after taking delivery I decided I actually like the OEM wheel so will stay with them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never going to Happen. The Ford Praisers Hit the top af Nit Wits List. Why didnt You Buy a Flying Turd, as recomended by wierd Americans, Spooney..? That funny new things a dissster sooner have a Proton at 600K. Just my view

Never going to Happen. The Ford Praisers Hit the top af Nit Wits List. Why didnt You Buy a Flying Turd, as recomended by wierd Americans, Spooney..? That funny new things a dissster sooner have a Proton at 600K. Just my view

I stopped posting in the ecosport thread because I realized my opinions were hurting people who actually bought them... Last notification I got, somebody compared it to a Lexus RX, no kidding.

--

BTW, Spoonman, that is a sweeeeet ride, man. I'm jealous. If it came in stick (and if I had the money), I'd buy the same model as yours TOMORROW. Out of curiosity, what model dubs were you going to put on it?

• 3 weeks later...

Finally took delivery my Mazda 3 after a two month wait. First extended trip was last week from Bangkok to hilly Mae Hong Son province, 900 kms each way. The handling was excellent on the steep and winding roads. No problem with the red plates at police checkpoints. And plenty of room and comfort in the drivers seat for my 195 cm tall frame.

10389514_10152138647462267_2437435745967

Nice ride Spinning Dwarf. On a different note, if anyone knows a way of turning on the daylight running light function let me know. I will ask the dealer next time I bring the car in but in the meantime........let me know. Thanks.

One is 833 K Bht ,the top one is 1Mill.094. Seem a big difference to me.What you get for the extra Simsons.?.Like the twin pipes,sets the rear off nicely.thumbsup.gif .Shall thrash one before i order the new Civic, time for a change, but then again ,after a week im not much bothered.drunk.gif

Nice ride Spinning Dwarf. On a different note, if anyone knows a way of turning on the daylight running light function let me know. I will ask the dealer next time I bring the car in but in the meantime........let me know. Thanks.

turn it on or off ?

I want to know how to turn it off.

turn it on or off ?

I want to turn them on. I can put the parking lights on without the fog lamps and get the same effect but the rear lights go on and the Nav display goes into the dark mode. I have a thread going on the Mazda 3 forum but no luck.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123840380-Hello-from-Thailand

how do you turn them off.... I hate them.

EDIT: just read your thread on that mazda forum, my DRL's come on when the vehicle is started, I have no taillights unless I turn on the headlights.

I don't know if your interested or not but Iam developing a discrete screen for a reverse camera.

Iam replacing the overhead sunglass holder with a new plastic piece that will house a small 4.3" screen, this will be motorised to power down when you select reverse and power back up when you move out of reverse.

Ignore the colour, I only have green for my 3D printer at the moment but it would be colour coded to the rest of the console.

Here is the concept so far.

upperconsole001_zpsf7837704.jpg

upperconsole002_zps114de55f.jpg

Edited by Spoonman

how do you turn them off.... I hate them.

EDIT: just read your thread on that mazda forum, my DRL's come on when the vehicle is started, I have no taillights unless I turn on the headlights.

I don't know if your interested or not but Iam developing a discrete screen for a reverse camera.

Iam replacing the overhead sunglass holder with a new plastic piece that will house a small 4.3" screen, this will be motorised to power down when you select reverse and power back up when you move out of reverse.

Ignore the colour, I only have green for my 3D printer at the moment but it would be colour coded to the rest of the console.

Here is the concept so far.

upperconsole001_zpsf7837704.jpg

upperconsole002_zps114de55f.jpg

Spoonman, where do you live as Thailand does not have a daylight running light requirement and I never heard of a new car assembled in Thailand to have daytime running lights. If you have them then just pull the 15amp fuse marked DRL in the photo on my thread. Sorry, not interested in a back up camera. The back up sensors work good enough for me.

You have back up sensors ?

Hmmm I buy a top spec model and it comes with nothing, I asked if sensors could be added but was told no.

I live in Thailand. vehicle purchased in Bangkok.

Edited by Spoonman

turn it on or off ?

Spoonman, found this in one of the better Mazda forums.

HERE'S HOW TO DISABLE DRL'S:

SETUP:

1) car set to ignition (car is active, but engine is off)

2) press brake pedal down and hold during the whole time

3) parking brake up

START:

you have to do the whole process once you start under 23sec.

4) turn parking light on and off 5 times. on - off - on - off - on - off , etc.

under 2 sec start #5

5) turn hazard light on and off 5 times.

under 2 sec start #6

6) turn parking light on and off 5 times.

DONE:

7) to check if the DRL still comes on, simply disengage the parking brake. If it doesn't come on, then you're done. Otherwise repeat the process again.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-appearance-interior/43289-turn-daytime-running-lights-2.html

You have back up sensors ?

Hmmm I buy a top spec model and it comes with nothing, I asked if sensors could be added but was told no.

I live in Thailand. vehicle purchased in Bangkok.

The back up sensors were an add on, cost about 3700 baht. I will try that DRL sequence, maybe it will turn mine on.