Do you hang out in your local 7/11?

coconutbar

I don't like the seven, they even don't understand me when i go there for Marlborough Red hardbox.

Also i hate those people who go there to pay bills and create huge qeueu's.

For quick food i go to CP shops, they are everywhere and have many great products and no qeueu's.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there's no choice. Apparently every single inhabitant of Thailand does all their shopping in 7/11.

I never said all. I said everyone goes to 7/11 for something. And you said all they had is processed food and that is a lie. Hard boiled eggs are not processed food. You are wrong and don't live in Thailand. One cannot exist here without going to 7/11 or a store like 7/11 for something. Note, I did not say all. Never did say all. You made that up.

The nearest branch to me is part of a hospital, the plus side being there is always nurses in there shopping, but the negative being no alcohol sales at all.

Had some banter with the staff last week, she ran everything through the till and was struggling to say the amount in English so I looked at the display and smiled "neung roy sam sib jet baht" and handed her the money.

Edited by FarangryBirds
  • Like 1

I never said all. I said everyone goes to 7/11 for something. And you said all they had is processed food and that is a lie. Hard boiled eggs are not processed food. You are wrong and don't live in Thailand. One cannot exist here without going to 7/11 or a store like 7/11 for something. Note, I did not say all. Never did say all. You made that up.

Crikey. Why so angry because I don't shop in 7/11? You got shares in it or something?

I live in Thailand. Your insistence that I don't is making you look a bit silly.

Crikey. Why so angry because I don't shop in 7/11? You got shares in it or something?

I live in Thailand. Your insistence that I don't is making you look a bit silly.

Silly me? I'm not the one who thinks hard boiled eggs are processed food.

Boiling is a process, no? I prefer to buy eggs where I have some idea where they came from.

7/11 is clearly a boon for people that don't know how to boil an egg, though.

No boiling does not make an egg a processed food. One can buy processed eggs at Lotus and I believe CP makes them. One can also buy fresh eggs at 7/11 and fresh bread and fresh rice which you would undoubtedly know if you lived in Thailand. I didn't say you had to shop at 7/11 but if you are going to make up lies about the place at least go take a look. I don't believe they have 7/11's in the UK so that would explain why you don't know anything about them. There almost 4000 of them in Bangkok.

Boiling is a process, no? I prefer to buy eggs where I have some idea where they came from.

No boiling does not make an egg a processed food. One can buy processed eggs at Lotus and I believe CP makes them. One can also buy fresh eggs at 7/11 and fresh bread and fresh rice which you would undoubtedly know if you lived in Thailand. I didn't say you had to shop at 7/11 but if you are going to make up lies about the place at least go take a look. I don't believe they have 7/11's in the UK so that would explain why you don't know anything about them. There almost 4000 of them in Bangkok.

Why do you feel this need to defend the chain so vehemently?

Maybe you should take a look around this country you claim I don't live in. You'll find better food if you're willing to venture beyond the convenience store.

Why do you feel this need to defend the chain so vehemently?

Maybe you should take a look around this country you claim I don't live in. You'll find better food if you're willing to venture beyond the convenience store.

There is no better hard boiled egg in the world than at 7/11 for 20 baht. I go there to pay my water, electric, internet and phone bill. So does everyone else unless you don't have an electric, water, internet and phone bill in Thailand. I'll defend anyone who somebody lies about and you are lying about 7/11.

My bills are included in the rent, so I don't need to pay them individually. I imagine many people pay the same way.

You have a little difficulty accepting that not everyone is the same as you, don't you?

My bills are included in the rent, so I don't need to pay them individually. I imagine many people pay the same way.

You have a little difficulty accepting that not everyone is the same as you, don't you?

No not at all. I know you are different than me. You don't go to 7/11. Is your phone included in your rent?

Is your phone included in your rent?

I have a pre-paid mobile that I top up online. Handy thing, the internet.

Up to you. I don't use the internet for any money transactions in Thailand. Not to say there is anything wrong with it. I find 7/11 more secure. I live in a house so I have bills to pay separately.

I would have had no complaint if you said you don't shop at 7/11 or you didn't like 7/11. My only complaint was when you said it is all processed food; it is not.

Seven sells nothing edible. I can't believe anybody would ate that stuff unless you are stuck out in the sticks. eating fast food I can understand just not eating out of 7-11. My friend earns very well and eats chicken basil from 7 everyday. I just can't understand this as he can afford anything he wants and lives very central. Cold cuts and imported cheese on fresh bread from gourmet market or 7-11 microwave food.... tough choice.

there is nothinng even vaguely close to healthy food in 7-11

but do you think those giant plastic bags full of spicy slop in the steel trays that get refilled is healthy or

rathwr made as cheap as possible with fat ,bone and gristle and vegetables that were about to expire before

they were cooked ? throw a load of spices in aqd who could taste the differce ?

its just pure crap ,devoid of any nutrition and full of chemicals to make it taste better that would probably

be illegal in western countries

Seven sells nothing edible. I can't believe anybody would ate that stuff unless you are stuck out in the sticks. eating fast food I can understand just not eating out of 7-11. My friend earns very well and eats chicken basil from 7 everyday. I just can't understand this as he can afford anything he wants and lives very central. Cold cuts and imported cheese on fresh bread from gourmet market or 7-11 microwave food.... tough choice.

but do you think those giant plastic bags full of spicy slop in the steel trays that get refilled is healthy or

rathwr made as cheap as possible with fat ,bone and gristle and vegetables that were about to expire before

its just pure crap ,devoid of any nutrition and full of chemicals to make it taste better that would probably

7/11 sells flavored waters by Chang. 7/11 sells fermented yogurt that is great for baking. 7/11 sells two kinds of Bulgarian yogurt that can be turned into great lo fat cream cheese with just a little knowledge. 7/11 sells Chinese noodles and mixes that are far better than the Thai versions. 7/11 sells good raisin bread that toasted and spread with that lo fat cream cheese spread is great and lo cal. 7/11 sells small éclairs that are quite good. 7/11 sells hot dogs that my dog likes better than Tesco Lotus. 7/11 sells decent bullion cubes for cooking. 7/11 sells sells not bad Hershey chocolate. 7/11 sells dehydrated fruits and grapes and cranberries good for snacks. 7/11 sells many kinds of Joke and Ma ma not bad for a quick breakfast or a meal if you are sick. 7/11 has a new kind of bread "Royal" that's not bad. And the Pièce de résistance two hardboiled eggs (perfect every time) with a great soy dipping sauce. biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png The hard boiled eggs area really really great I think 20 baht. How could anyone not like a cold beer and hard boiled eggs?

7-Eleven or 7-11 is part of an international chain of convenience stores. 7-Eleven, primarily operating as a franchise, is the world's largest operator, franchisor, and licensor of convenience stores with more than 50,000 outlets. USA 8000 units. Canada 484. Denmark 196 and so on. So No to your statement that it would be illegal in Western countries.

• Like 1

No it is my small effort to support truth as opposed to PC/New Wave/adolescent BS. You know the global warming save the whales green folks et al......

You seem to have lost the plot now. Maybe you need a nice sit down in the cool air-conditioned aisles of your friendly local convenience store. And perhaps a nice boiled egg?

• Like 1

No it is my small effort to support truth as opposed to PC/New Wave/adolescent BS. You know the global warming save the whales green folks et al......

You seem to have lost the plot now. Maybe you need a nice sit down in the cool air-conditioned aisles of your friendly local convenience store. And perhaps a nice boiled egg?

I didn't say much till you said all of the products at 7/11 were processed. That might hurt the company and the thousands of employees who depend on it for sustenance. It would be OK if it were true. But to feel that you can come on the INTERNET and attempt to effect the lives of thousands of people, I feel is wrong.

I don't think you have a good idea of what social responsibility is.

• Like 1

I didn't say much till you said all of the products at 7/11 were processed. That might hurt the company and the thousands of employees who depend on it for sustenance. It would be OK if it were true. But to feel that you can come on the INTERNET and attempt to effect the lives of thousands of people, I feel is wrong.

Social responsibility? You're funny.

Incidentally, I said no such thing. I asked whether they sold only processed food. Apparently the answer is no - they sell processed food and hard-boiled eggs.

I'll continue to shop elsewhere, I think.

Social responsibility? You're funny.

Incidentally, I said no such thing. I asked whether they sold only processed food. Apparently the answer is no - they sell processed food and hard-boiled eggs.

I'll continue to shop elsewhere, I think.

You wrote, "So it sells a load of processed shit, but no actual food?"

I like 7 11 because I hand them my phone and a 100 baht and they do magic and my phone works again !

And I can give them 1000 baht and buy a 7 baht water and i do not get a dirty look and now have change for the taxi :)

works for me , a simple guy.....

and do you now just say "Seven" even when you are at home ?

• Like 1

You wrote, "So it sells a load of processed shit, but no actual food?"

Note the question mark at the end.

Yes I noticed. No one in Thailand would not know. Someone in the UK may not know.

It's like the bum gun thing. The only people who don't like bum guns have never been to Thailand. It is what they call a, Tell." Don't like bum guns and never been to a 7/11.

Edited by thailiketoo